Positivity Thread!

Dynamite Duane

I'm really fed up of being told "you're a decent looking guy for a bigger lad" - I just want to be a decent looking guy. I'm fed up of being that nice guy my girl mates tell me is so nice, then complain about their arsehole (admittedly slimmer, sexier) boyfriends to, but never want to take a chance on. They all know someone thats perfect for me, they say, which is a nice way of saying they aren't interested themselves. To be honest, I just don't like what I see in the mirror either.

are you the northern version of me?! I get told this all the time. I feel ya pain brother!

Some positivity from me..

Had a really good heart-to-heart with my friend who used to be a bit of a fatty but get his act together and really focussed on getting into top shape and is currently reaping the benefits as he is acheiving all his goals. Seeing that level of commitment and dedication that my mate has put into himself is fantastic to watch and inspiring.

So seeing my mate do so well I've decided to try and change myself for the better, gyming it hard, watching what I eat and just trying to remain positive. I've tried many times in the past but it always seems to go tits up after 2-3 months. So hopefully, in a years time, I could have a physique to be proud of and confident with.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Thought I'd bump this one up what with the glorious summer weather, be great to hear what cool 'n' groovy things you've all be doing since the gloomy winter! :D:cool:

I went to see The Flaming Lips at Jodrell Bank Observatory and I know full well how the following sounds. It was one of the most uplifting, positive experiences of my life. The mix of Science and one of the best live bands in the world was overwhelming.

(I put my phone away at this point). The mahoosive dish you see was used to project images onto it but before the encore it was used to show a short film. As soon as the film finished, the Lips kicked in with "Race For The Prize" and my brain had an orgasm.

Saw them at Alexandra Palace on Friday. The company I work for has booked them for Metamorphose festival in Japan, so I had to go along to make sure we were covering all gaps and questions concerning their set-up. Also had to interview Wayne Coyne as well, who's a pretty cool guy.

They very kindly gave me a production pass, so was able to watch from right next to the stage, in the sound booth - awesome view. Could see the show and the crowd. Will post some pictures once I've got them off my phone.

• Awards Moderator

After months of looking, I've finally managed to find my dream apartment. For about 14-15 years, I've wanted to be able to live overlooking the Liverpool waterfront and specifically, the Liver Buildings. Due to the cost and availability of a place which fits the criteria, I never thought it'd actually happen. I made a general enquiry to a few local agents and after viewing a few places which weren't quite what I was after, I lost a bit of faith and just thought it wouldn't happen. One of the agents rang me about ten minutes after I had left her after viewing another place, to say she might have found a place which ticked all the boxes. She had. I walked in, fell in love and heard this afternoon that all of the paperwork has gone though, so I move in just under 4 weeks. I've had a shite month or two after splitting up with the missus, so this has come at the perfect time to help me start afresh. I'm absolutely flying now and can't wait to move in. It's literally a dream coming true. Get in!

• 1 month later...

Last week I joined the local Credit Union - Coastal Credit Union. They're an ethical alternative to high street banks. Going to use to put a bit away each month for Xmas.

I asked about volunteering there, popped back today and now officially volunteering for them. My role initially will be getting the word around where I live about what they are and do. It'll be good for me confidence-wise and as a stepping stone towards getting back into work. Going to work with local groups such as the schools and church to help get it more well known.

They've not given me the combination to the safe yet :p

www.coastalcreditunion.co.uk

• Paid Members

I finally managed to get a job that will fit round uni. After months of only finding jobs (still not getting) of 20hrs per week or full-time, I've managed to get one that will allow me to work as much as I can, so I could end up working 30+hrs if i want. Now that I'm in my last year it could not have came at a better time, and hopefully this time next year I'll be sunning it up in South America.

Everything's coming up Millhouse. :D

• Paid Members

After putting on four stone and being put on a load of pills I truly hate, hating my job, leaving my job and being forced to move back in with my parents soon, I finally had an all round good day. Went out and played some frisbee for the first time in two years (knee injury plus fatness) followed by the inbetweeners film.

Hey, it's not what Dreams are made of, but it's a start.

Archived