Matrix 4 & 5 (in 3D)

Smeg_&_The_Heads

I love the matrix and really hope there is a follow up or two. I really hope it isn't in 3d though. I think there would be some pretty cool moments in 3d due to the nature of the movie but 3d is a bit over rated for me. The world seems to be going 3d crazy with everything having a 3d version, whether required or not.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I reckon if they could get Jane Wiedlin back for another Joan Of Arc cameo, I would be pretty happy. They definitely have to have moved on until they are middle aged though. And with George Carlin gone, they need to be visited by Rufus's son instead - played by Robert Downey Jr, preferably.

For my mind, the best story they could do would be this.

Film opens with a middle-aged Bill and a middle-aged Ted meeting up. They are both working shitty office jobs, have middle-aged spread and are generally really boring. Then Death arrives to tell them that something terrible has happened in the past that meant they never became the rock gods they were destined to become, and they have to travel back in time to rescue their younger selves.

Cue retro-early 90s madness with CGI and re-use of stuff from the original films to recreate young Bill and Ted. Old Bill and Ted rediscover their zest for life and blah blah.

• Paid Members
I reckon if they could get Jane Wiedlin back for another Joan Of Arc cameo, I would be pretty happy. They definitely have to have moved on until they are middle aged though. And with George Carlin gone, they need to be visited by Rufus's son instead - played by Robert Downey Jr, preferably.

For my mind, the best story they could do would be this.

Film opens with a middle-aged Bill and a middle-aged Ted meeting up. They are both working shitty office jobs, have middle-aged spread and are generally really boring. Then Death arrives to tell them that something terrible has happened in the past that meant they never became the rock gods they were destined to become, and they have to travel back in time to rescue their younger selves.

Cue retro-early 90s madness with CGI and re-use of stuff from the original films to recreate young Bill and Ted. Old Bill and Ted rediscover their zest for life and blah blah.

I'd be pretty happy with that. They need Bill Sadler back as Death though, he was absolutely great.

10 reasons as to why they were good plz.

I'm gonna have a crack, even though I disagree.

1. Morpheus does a massive speech

2. Awesome car chase

3. 1000s of Hugo Weavings in suits

4. #2's ending was a good cliffhanger even if the resolution was shite

5. Massive robot battle suits

6. Trinity dies

7. The Architect's stupid speech provides ample parody material for Will Ferrell at the MTV Movie Awards

8. Monica Bellucci's cleavage

9. Hilariously stupid ending to the third film

10. Huge explosions in a power station, I guess.

All that being said, I could offer up 20 reasons as to why they were shite. I struggled past 5 with the previous list, to be honest.

10 reasons as to why they were good plz.

I'm gonna have a crack, even though I disagree.

1. Morpheus does a massive speech

That was the most un-inspiring motivational/speech EVER - easily up there with Aragons at the end of The Return of the King

I reckon if there was some clever editing of Reloaded and Revolutions you could get a semi decent actioner out of it. I said at the time to all and sundry who would listen it felt like 1 film stretched over 2. Lots of unnecessary exposition and faffing, much of the 'city' parts of Zion and the Rave arent really needed

4 and 5 fill me with dread, what's left to do? Go after the Merovingian, now The Matrix has been restored? or a Kitchen Sink Drama centering around the rebuilding of Zion as other people choose to leave the Matrix of their free will.

Furthermore, I thought it was at least implied that Neo had died at the end of 3 becoming a martyr in the process, because he had saved humanity hence the being carried off by the machines. So you then have a resurrection to deal with as well.

Or they could say that the Zion bit was all in the Matrix to give the illusion of choice and thus cover the same ground again when people, really really leave the Matrix

• Paid Members
The thing is Reeves looks exactly the same as when he was younger. He could easily play himself younger

Indeed. Yet somehow he has become a worse actor. I still swear Bill & Ted was his finest performance. Aren't actors meant to improve with experience?!

I hated the stupid cliffhanger at the end of the 2nd film. I know the wait wasn't very long between the 2nd and 3rd but it frustrates me when films do things like that, I don't mind the several films if they finish there own story and start a new one in the following (still continuing with an overall story/theme) but cliffhangers/leaving it like that was a bit cheap.

• Paid Members
I loved all 3 Matrix films, don't understand why they are criticized so much.

I can only guess its because the first was so good.

Not really, that was shit as well.

Back on Bill & Ted, it seems as though Alex Winter committed himself quite a while back, which is remarkable considering how busy he's been since Bogus Journey!

Seriously though, he's actually a reasonably competent director himself - Freaked was quite good and I thought he might bounce on from there and be a successful film director, never quite happened though.

Archived