Matrix 4 & 5 (in 3D)

Smeg_&_The_Heads

I loved all 3 Matrix films, don't understand why they are criticized so much.

I can only guess its because the first was so good.

Jesus wept, you'd have have been lobotomised to think that about the sequels. Number 2 is the worst film I've ever paid to see in the cinema, and quite possibly the worst film I've ever watched. It was like a masterclass in how NOT to direct. The action/fight sequences are stunningly boring, and the actors seem to think they're involved in a complex spoof of the first film, and deliver their lines as if playing parodies of themselves.

I only wish I'd left at the point they started having that rave. I seriously considered it, but decided to hang on in there.

Obviously, I've never subjected myself to the last one, but people have told me that, if anything, it's actually worse.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

This quote makes me quite excited about the prospect of more Matrix films...

Keanu stated that he still has an obligation to the fans to deliver a movie worthy of the title "The Matrix" and he swears this time that the treatment will truly revolutionise the action genre like the first movie.

I know the chances are that they won't deliver anything of the sort, but I'll be more than happy for them to give it a go, because the first film really is the dog's bollocks. There's absolutely nothing to lose after those fucking awful sequels.

• Paid Members

What I'd prefer, personally, is that instead of trying to resurrect a series by making more sequels, they made a movie based on the novel which inspired the whole cyberpunk genre in the first place. I've never understood why there's never been a big-budget film treatment of William Gibson's Neuromancer - it's a fine novel, it was the spark that effectively started the whole thing, and I'm pretty sure it could be just as spectacular as anything out there right now.

• Paid Members
You've already had Johnny Mnemonic, which is Gibson and stars Keanu - what do you want, blood?

Something directly based and, y'know, good would be desirable.

Blood'll do, though.

A story surfaced yesterday that the actor gave a talk at the London International School of Performing Arts revealing that Matrix 4 and 5 were in the works.

But now the university's Senior Administrator told Screen Rant that Reeves never appeared at the school.

The actor's representative and film studio Warner Bros also later confirmed that the reports were totally false.

Reeves was rumoured to have told the audience that he had met the Wachowskis brothers around Christmas when they told him they had been working on scripts for two follow-ups to the Matrix franchise.

The writing and directing pair were also reported to have spoken to Avatar director James Cameron about the possibility of making the films in 3D.

The actor was believed to have said that the Wachowskis had sold the rights to the most expensive script in history for $5 million to Warner Bros for a futuristic version of Robin Hood that will star Will Smith.

Reeves' representative has confirmed that the script is the only true part of the story but claimed it was not sold for as much as $5 million.

- http://www.metro.co.uk/film/853707-the-mat...ours-are-a-hoax

On the subject of the Matrix sequels my biggest problem with them was Zion. Boring, blue fucking Zion full of boring, rag wearing Australian extras. It was the complete opposite of The Matrix's aesthetic. People want to see The Matrix in The Matrix. What they got was a horrendously boring first 40 minutes of Reloaded and a sequel that was essentially a war movie with that bloke who worked the telephones getting more screen time than any of the three primary characters.

That said I'm a complete fanboy for the trilogy due to being raised on them and now watch 2 & 3 for the gloriously self indulgent, poorly acted thrills that they are. Laurence Fishburne's speech in Reloaded is something to behold with all those abrupt pauses. The machines are sending their ... ARMIES! :laugh:.

The Juno Reactor stuff on the soundtracks is boss too.

Archived