Matrix 4 & 5 (in 3D)

Smeg_&_The_Heads

Hi guys,

Hope you're feeling better Harry, get well soon!

Long time reader, occasional news feeder. Writing from rainy old London, England. Surprised that no one has commented on this, lucky me I guess. Was lucky enough to attend a key note speech at the London school of performing Arts university and was honoured to be in the same room as Keanu Reeves who was the guest of honour. Keanu was here promoting his new movie Henry's Crime which is opening shortly.

keanu as always was his kind gentle self and spoke to the class for a good 45 mins about his big break in acting and his love for Shakespeare. the floor was then opened for Q&A and the following was note worthy;

- Says he met the Wachowski's (no emphasis on the word brothers), for lunch over Christmas and stated that they had completed work on a two picture script treatment that would see him return to the world of the matrix as Neo. Says the brothers have met with Jim Cameron to discuss the pro's and con's of 3D and are looking to deliver something which has never been seen again. keanu stated that he still has an obligation to the fans to deliver a movie worthy of the title "The Matrix" and he swears this time that the treatment will truly revolutionise the action genre like the first movie. Wachowski's are working on a movie called "Cloud Atlas" at the moment, once that concludes they will talk again.

Credit--http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48199

Well will Matrix 4-5 ever happen though I guess most fans will be happier about the Bill & Ted 3 news (I do hope B&T3 happens myself)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised that the motion master (if thats what they are called) never really took off, its one of those cinemas where you sit in a chair that moves to the film/short movie. There are some cack ones like in arcades and that but some really good ones as well, would love something like that where you actually bloody feel like your in the film, by the time the films are made 3D will be passed & gone and something else will be popular.

• Paid Members

I liked the 2nd one, even though I wasn't happy that it turned a very interesting and unique film into 'just another sci-fi flick'. The 3rd one though, was fucking tripe. Everything about it sucked the life out of me.

• Paid Members
I liked the 2nd one, even though I wasn't happy that it turned a very interesting and unique film into 'just another sci-fi flick'. The 3rd one though, was fucking tripe. Everything about it sucked the life out of me.

The second one to this day is still one of the worst films I have ever seen in a cinema. The 3rd one was just bad.

The problem with 2 and 3 was they ruined the entire mythology of the first one. They didn't need to be made. There were good bits but it was just so boring. Its sad that a film as brilliant as The Matrix, has been tarnished by the sequels. People can't now seem to lump them all in as one 'shit film'

• Paid Members

I reckon if they could get Jane Wiedlin back for another Joan Of Arc cameo, I would be pretty happy. They definitely have to have moved on until they are middle aged though. And with George Carlin gone, they need to be visited by Rufus's son instead - played by Robert Downey Jr, preferably.

• Paid Members

Parts of Reloaded touched on the brilliance of the original, but the parts of brilliance were only jaw dropping set pieces with no substance, the more I think about it.

In saying that though, I'll never experience the likes of that Freeway Chase in the cinema again. The whole cinema practically held their collective breaths for the duration, and a huge big sigh was let out as Neo did his Superman bit on Morpheus and the Keymaker as the trucks collided, which was followed by the whole cinema cracking up with laughter. So I'll always hold Reloaded in a fairly high regard just because of the great atmosphere in the flicks that night.

Revolutions was a preachy mess though, and the pressure on the Wachowski's showed because it looked like they didn't even know where to go with, or how to approach the third flick.

I'd go and see 4 & 5, if they were to be made, definitely, but I think the Matrix's time has passed, much like Star Wars time had well passed by the time the second trilogy hit.

I really fuckin' hate Star Wars...

As for Bill & Ted 3? I've been waiting since Bogus Journey for this...

Wachowski's are working on a movie called "Cloud Atlas" at the moment, once that concludes they will talk again.

Oh god. Please don't tell me its based on the novel "Cloud Atlas"?! That book was an atrocious and gimmick laden collection of very average short stories.

Edit: Ah crap it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_Atlas_%...Film_adaptation

Archived