Your favorite TV Shows (non Drama)

Cobra1000

This may die on its arse but oh well..

So tell us your favorite stuff you like to watch? It can be anything as long as its not Drama, like The Wire, Sopranos, Lost and so on.

This was partially inspired by Monday night where I had to get up at 6am to go to work but I stayed up until 2am cause Giles and Sue's attempt to live The Good Life was on. Its fantastic stuff and so is thier other programs.

Other stuff I really like is Jamie Oliver's Naked Chef days, where he cooked really decent stuff and it was just a lark, before he turned into a twat (well...more of a twat)

Travel stuff, the main man Michael Palin needs a mention, any of his shows have been wonderful television, the benchmark for all travel documentaries. Seek out New Europe, Around the World in 80 Days and Full Circle.

Other stuff I watch when its on include the awesome Man vs Food.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Other stuff I watch when its on include the awesome Man vs Food.

First show I thought of when I saw this thread. A show that truly inspires me to sit around in my pants and gorge on ridiculously large portions of food. I want to climb Mount Nachismo!

• Paid Members

Me and Mrs Small have got into Come Dine With Me recently but we don't actually know why we like it. We just do. I think it's one of those shows.

We're also big fans of Heston Blumenthal ever since the Little Chef project he did. He's tremendously entertaining in ways that Gordon Ramsey can only fucking dream of.

• Paid Members

The Deadliest Warrior. Quality show!, I'm not sure how to go about apllying for it, but it'd be my dream job, you're getting paid for shooting, stabbing, and blowing shit up, and measuring how much damage it does. It's science, except it's cool as fuck.

Pigs being blown up by grenades= great tv.

• Paid Members

Man Vs Food is awesome. That guy is a great host too.

I'm a massive fan of Mythbusters on Discovery. Definitely recommend that one. When there's nothing else on, I can always get behind How It's Made.

• Paid Members
Me and Mrs Small have got into Come Dine With Me recently but we don't actually know why we like it. We just do.

I'm the same. If there's absolutely fuck all on and you just want something for some background noise while you're doing something else, Come Dine With Me is always there to fill the role.

QI and Have I Got News For You will often get thrown on in the evening.

I'm partial to other cookery shows, I always enjoy Ramsays Best Restaurant and Celebrity MasterChef was fun last year. I caught a bunch of cooking shows over Crimbo and enjoyed Ramsays there too, also caught one of Nigellas and damn near ripped my cock off, no...but the euphemisms on her show really are ridiculous. Within minutes of switching it on I think it was 'It just isn't Christmas for me unless I've had a good sausage' or similar anyway.

Harry Hills TV Burp is fun too.

David Attenborough had an amazing show a few years back.

Last Man Standing and Unbreakable were right up my alley.

Road Wars - Simple police documentary with the old series' having a few decent laughs in it too. Chris Piggott is a legend, and there's two old school coppers on there called Carl and Pat who seem to take great delight and almost regularly display arrogance when nicking teenagers parked in cars smoking a joint or two on a friday night. The newer ones set in Cornwall are a bit shit but the old ones in Milton Keynes and Reading are usually an easy way to waste an hour. Always on SKY 1,2,3 daily, without fail :rolleyes:

Archived