Your favorite TV Shows (non Drama)

Cobra1000

River Monsters - The one hour versions on ITV4 are better than the half-hour ones they showed on ITV1, but overall I find it a very interesting show.

Mythbusters - Always a good watch.

The Monster Hunter - Obviously they never find or see too much, but a decent way to pass some time.

Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares - I like both the UK and US versions, though I wish he'd do another UK series again.

Mystery Investigator with Olly Steeds - An interesting show, though Olly Steeds' presenting was occasionally a bit odd, especially when he would turn to camera and talk about someone when they were right next to him. Hope there's a second series though.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

So many to choose from!

HOARDERS!!! (American, on A&E TV)

Man Vs. Food (duh)

Anything with Heston 'marry me' Blumenthal in it

Hell's Kitchen USA

Toddlers and Tiaras

My Greek Kitchen

Operation Repo

Embarrassing Bodies

Road wars/night cops/etc

Kitchen nightmares

Made (MTV)

Deadliest catch

Judge Judy

Wife Swap USA

Dog Borstal

There's also a ton of shows that aren't as good as they used to be or aren't around anymore. Used to love Girls of the Playboy Mansion, but that went down the pan after season 3 and then there's I Want a Famous Face that used to be on MTV. That was fabulous.

If any of you want to be shocked, go and watch Hoarders now.

• Moderators

Grand Designs is probably my favourite TV programme. I'll also watch any old Fred Dibnah stuff which is on. I'll make time for Deadliest Catch, Trawlermen, Extreme Fishing and Ice Road Truckers as well.

Grand Designs is probably my favourite TV programme. I'll also watch any old Fred Dibnah stuff which is on. I'll make time for Deadliest Catch, Trawlermen, Extreme Fishing and Ice Road Truckers as well.

Good call on Grand Designs man, I love that show. I'd also like to show the love for Jimmy's Food Factory :thumbsup:

The Chase- ITV Monday to Friday at 5pm

Absolutely, especially when the chaser is 'The Beast' who has suddenly become far more likable these days. I have seen him on several quiz shows over the year and he always used to come across as cocky and arrogant (he's a quizzing pal of C.J. off Eggheads so that shouldn't be a surprise), but now he has his regular gig on The Chaser he comes across really well. I also try to catch Eggheads most days, if only to watch in disbelief at how knowledgable Kevin Ashman is.

• Paid Members

When I'm looking for something to watch in bed I like some of the stuff on Sky's documentary channels. I really enjoyed A Haunting, it's such a shame that there's no more episodes.

• Paid Members

My flatmates have started watching a show called To Catch A Predator. It's quite the combination of interesting, sickening and funny. The hilarity is mainly from the ridiculous voiceovers and the sight of someone being confronted with their own messages they've sent. It is interesting to see what the police are doing (in America) to fight those targetting children on the web.

Not to everyones taste, but read the synopsis and make your mind up. It's on FX.

Mainly paranormal shows for me.

1)Ghost Adventures - 3 fellas my age do lockdowns in haunted buildings and yell "Are you serious?!" alot.

2)Destination Truth - Searching for Ghosts & Cryptokids around the world, host Josh Gates is pretty funny even if he does sound a bit like Kermit The Frog.

3)My Ghost Story - Real stories from regular folk backed up with video footage.

4)Celebrity Ghost Stories - Hollywood stars & musicians tell of their encounters

5)Ghost Hunters - Great in the first couple of seasons, getting a bit stale heading into Season 7

6)Ghost Hunters International - Same as above but outside the states, I reckon it'll get axed soon.

7)Ghost Hunters Academy - Probably already finished, people hated it, very little ghost hunting and lots of fucking up, backstabbing to stay on the show at the expense of others.

8)Ghost Hunt - A new zealand based show, only ran for 10 eps but was fun and had a kick ass theme tune.

9)The Haunted - Paranormal show based around animals, very well made.

Theres shitloads of paranormal shows but I hate most of them.

Looking forward to the new show Ghost Trek with Colt Cabana & Disco Inferno, its a scripted comedy show with actors based on the reality shows. Plus the new horror film Grave Encounters which looks very much like its largely inspired by Ghost Adventures crossed with The Blair Witch.

• Paid Members
My flatmates have started watching a show called To Catch A Predator. It's quite the combination of interesting, sickening and funny. The hilarity is mainly from the ridiculous voiceovers and the sight of someone being confronted with their own messages they've sent. It is interesting to see what the police are doing (in America) to fight those targetting children on the web.

Not to everyones taste, but read the synopsis and make your mind up. It's on FX.

To Catch A Predator is funny as fuck. Chris Hansen has got the most extraordinary speaking voice - it's like a cross between James Stewart and Chewbacca.

To Catch A Predator is funny as fuck. Chris Hansen has got the most extraordinary speaking voice - it's like a cross between James Stewart and Chewbacca.

This is what I came in this thread to post, it's been one of my TV highlights for years now. I've had numerous difficult conversations trying to recommend this show to people, but it's pretty much the can't-miss show of the week in our house. Chris Hansen and your feller from The Amazing Race are as good it gets when it comes to American TV personalities.

• Paid Members

I love DIY SOS and Grand Designs. Like a few food shows, The Naked Chef is my favourite, also like Rachel Allen. Would echo any love for Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmare's. That's utterly brilliant.

My favourite "fact" based show at the moment is Wheeler Dealers. Outstanding show.

Joy Of Painting is something I'll stick on while I have my breakfast. Also love Coast if I'm stuck for somthing to watch.

• Paid Members

This is what I came in this thread to post, it's been one of my TV highlights for years now. I've had numerous difficult conversations trying to recommend this show to people, but it's pretty much the can't-miss show of the week in our house. Chris Hansen and your feller from The Amazing Race are as good it gets when it comes to American TV personalities.

I've only seen a handful of episodes, but I can't get over how many people plead Not Guilty, especially when the evidence (most of it photographic) is right there.

Don't really watch much other than the Sky Documentary and Crime & Investigation channels. Anything on venomous snakes or World War II in particular is usually a favourite.

- Venomous snakes - Venom Hunter, Venom 911, I Was Bitten, Life In Cold Blood, Deadly Dozen, Deadly 60 - anything at all really, especially if it involves Austin Stevens, Steve Irwin, Bruce George, Dr Sean Bush, Mark O'Shea, Donald Schultz, Steve Backshall etc etc

- World War 2 stuff - loads and loads, but The World At War series won't be matched.

- Ice Road Truckers/Deadliest Roads

- Operation Repo

- Quite enjoyed that 'The Chase' quiz too, never realised it was back on.

Reading the post about all the paranormal programmes, it's just reminded me of something i used to watch years ago - Sightings! That, V and Wrestling Challenge were pretty much my Friday night staple all those years ago. Ok, this all irrelevant, just something that came into my head :)

I love most cookery shows (apart from Nigella Lawson, annoying cow) so im not going to bother listing those. My favorite show at the moment is Ice Road Truckers: Worlds Deadliest Roads on the History channel (i have no idea why it comes on History Channel, as its not a historical program) I enjoyed the regular Ice Road Truckers show, but have enjoyed this one a lot more

Archived