Your favorite TV Shows (non Drama)

Cobra1000

• Paid Members

Who's looking forward to Hell's Kitchen USA tonight? I loved last season where they had two episodes back to back, sucks they're not doing that this year. It's amazing the difference between the UK and US show, I hated the UK one but I'm obsessed with the US version.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who's looking forward to Hell's Kitchen USA tonight? I loved last season where they had two episodes back to back, sucks they're not doing that this year. It's amazing the difference between the UK and US show, I hated the UK one but I'm obsessed with the US version.

i watched the entire series on youtube, its probably the best series of the lot so far

• 7 months later...

Best news ever?

The Fast Show has been revived for another series, according to creator Charlie Higson.

The '90s sketch show - also made by Paul Whitehouse - which ran on BBC Two between 1994 and 1997, will return on November 14.

Higson wrote on Twitter: "A lot of you have been asking when we will be bringing The Fast Show back. The answer is yes."

The 53-year-old also announced that the show's original castmembers will reprise their roles, with the exception of Mark Williams - best known now for portraying Arthur Weasley in the Harry Potter films.

Royle Family creator Caroline Aherne, who did not take part in one-off special Last Fast Show Ever in 2000, will appear. The Fast Show also starred Arabella Weir, John Thomson and Simon Day.

"We will have all the old team back together, including Caroline, but sadly not Mark Williams. All the popular characters," Higson added.

It was previously claimed by Bleeding Cool that The Fast Show's return would be produced by Fosters, where it would sit alongside Vic and Bob's Afternoon Delights and Alan Partridge's Mid-Morning Matters.

Meanwhile last year, Brand Republic quoted Fosters marketing manager Gayle Harrison as saying that the Fast Show was among the brands the company wanted to commission

• Paid Members

Been mentioned a few times already but I enjoy Come Dine With Me. The narrator guy makes it, but occasionally you'll get some interesting people on there. The roadkill episode (which was on last night) is one of my favourites. I even started to like the spoilt rich kid towards the end too.... ("Sharon!")

For my sins I also watch loads of (Re)Location, (Re)Location too. Phil Spencer is the man, and I've developed a crush on Kirsty Allsop aswell.

• Paid Members
Best news ever?

The Fast Show has been revived for another series, according to creator Charlie Higson.

The '90s sketch show - also made by Paul Whitehouse - which ran on BBC Two between 1994 and 1997, will return on November 14.

Higson wrote on Twitter: "A lot of you have been asking when we will be bringing The Fast Show back. The answer is yes."

The 53-year-old also announced that the show's original castmembers will reprise their roles, with the exception of Mark Williams - best known now for portraying Arthur Weasley in the Harry Potter films.

Royle Family creator Caroline Aherne, who did not take part in one-off special Last Fast Show Ever in 2000, will appear. The Fast Show also starred Arabella Weir, John Thomson and Simon Day.

"We will have all the old team back together, including Caroline, but sadly not Mark Williams. All the popular characters," Higson added.

It was previously claimed by Bleeding Cool that The Fast Show's return would be produced by Fosters, where it would sit alongside Vic and Bob's Afternoon Delights and Alan Partridge's Mid-Morning Matters.

Meanwhile last year, Brand Republic quoted Fosters marketing manager Gayle Harrison as saying that the Fast Show was among the brands the company wanted to commission

Fucking ace! The Fast Show was great, not nearly as good as Big Train, but still always good for a giggle.

I'll echo the sentiments about Come Dine With Me as well, and the roadkill episode is superb. Somebody give Dave Lamb the Big Brother voiceover gig.

I've developed a massive hard on for COPS this summer because I don't tend to drop off until about 5 in the morning. It has something really aesthetically pleasing about it because of the simplistic production. I love the noise of the police cars and the camera bloke running to catch up with some crackhead being apprehended in a swamp.

Come Dine With Me is of course great. I'm also partial to Springer and Steve Wilkos. I like Top Gear too which annoys me. I do quite enjoy Clarkson in the role of a TV presenter and the show is always slick and energetic. The fact that it's always fucking on and I have no job helps too, like ;).

• Paid Members

Anyone watch a couple of shows on History? American Pickers and American Restoration?

Pickers is about some guys who travel around America looking for old stuff to make money from. They visit a lot of people who have Barns or outbuildings full of stuff they've collected. Mostly rusty junk but with the odd gem. Some really interesting people on it. I'm not enjoying the current series as much as previously because typically, the yanks can't just present a factual show with interesting people, they've tried to build false drama and make the presenters into better characters.

American Restoration is about a guy who restores old stuff. You don't see enough of the process, again because it's typical yank stuff where they recap what's going on 45 times in less than half an hour. It's still an interesting little show though.

I find most of the nature documentaries on BBC completely stunning these days. Planet Earth, Life, things like that. They really make me wish that HD was around in the time when Michael Palin was travelling round the world, as his shows would be fantastic. Attenborough is a God to me.

Archived