UKFF Awards 2010 - THE RESULT!

tiger_rick

The avatar/sig combo for poor old Cleetus is a stunningly outdated set of allusions, isn't it? It's like something my dad would have come up with. "He's unfunny like.... er... Chubby Brown and... er... Liam Gallagher."

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

But it's not inaccurate...

The Chubby Brown avatar does bother me slightly though, because it's clearly taken from a larger image that hasn't be resized properly so it looks a bit funky.

Which reminds me, I really need to sort out that avatar. Slick Rick is still rockin the candy cane and it's almost February.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

On the other hand, I think the fact that Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon (WWE WrestleMania) was voted both Worst Match of 2010 [65.81%] and Biggest Anti-climax Of 2010 [30.08%] is pretty good confirmation that the majority of people (at least on here) thought that match sucked more than they could have ever imagined it would.

The sad thing is I doubt this was the case down to how restricted Bret felt in the ring at the time, the match was so badly booked it was shocking. Of course having seen the way Bret's confidence built later in the year, had that match happened this year instead I'm sure it would be booked differently with Bret at least throwing in more of his signature moves.

Given that he did a second rope elbow in MSG then, if Llyods hadn't put their foot down, he certainly could. I think we'd at least have got the old inverted atomic drop-clothesline-backbreaker combo. Throw in some punches, stomps, low blows, chairshots and the Sharpshooter and that's all you need.

That said, I think the counterbooking of the match went way beyond Bret's physical limitations. The whole match layout was a problem.

The avatar/sig combo for poor old Cleetus is a stunningly outdated set of allusions, isn't it? It's like something my dad would have come up with. "He's unfunny like.... er... Chubby Brown and... er... Liam Gallagher."

A lot of my mate's dads (and a lot of people I know over the age of 50/60 in general) would probably draw comparisons to someone from their own youth rather than an era they can neither relate or remember to like the late 90s, so your dad's actually pretty cool by that standard. :cool:

• Paid Members
Also, Loki's response to Kris about the rope around the head thing is still making me stifle laughter at my desk.

It did the same for me! :(

EDIT: I feel better now, according to Ronnie, I was actually right! Although I do believe it probably was Indiana Jones I got it from :/

Edited by DJ Kris

• Paid Members

I'm just wondering if it might be worth trading in my custom title for the prize of getting METAL ON METAL banned from all the football threads. I want to give something back to the great people who voted for me.