Matt hardy's physique

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

I was re-watching Matt Hardy's TNA debut and i cant see what all the hate about his physique is about.? He has a physique most guys on theUK scene would love to have and to me he deosnt look that bad. He certainly looks no worse that Mr Anderson and defo looks better than Sting (who has been wearing that singlet for years to cover that sagging physique) or even i'd argue Angle.

Why the hate guys?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His physique isn't as bad on his TNA debut than it was for the latter part of his WWE career. Its not just the fact he looked overweight, but his entire look hasn't changed for years and if he didn't throw a hissy fit about it everytime someone publicly slagged him off, no-one would care either way. I used to mock my brother constantly for having literally a giant noggin, but as soon as he stopped throwing a fit and joined in with the slaggings, it wasn't as fun anymore. Same thing with Hardy.

I'd say the hate is directed towards him mainly because of what he says & does outside the ring, including his fucking youtube video account.

Maybe if he spent less time talking to a videocamera, and more time in the gym he wouldn't get as much grief.

• Paid Members
I'd say the hate is directed towards him mainly because of what he says & does outside the ring, including his fucking youtube video account.

I think that's exasperated the hate. I think everyone realised a long time ago that he was getting slower and slower and then fatter and fatter. Rather than admit he doesn't have it anymore, he choses to make sad little videos of himself making excuses for his shitarseness. Prick.

And he didn't look fine on the PPV, he looked as fat as ever.

Have not seen any photos of Matt's debut on TNA and seeing as he has been sat around for 90 days doing nothing but posting crappy videos online, I would have expected him to a least improve his look for his debut. However, in the latter stages of his WWE he looked awful .... so much, so I wanted the WWE to bring back the whole Matt Hardy will he make the weight angle (circa 2001-2002).

As for Sting he is slightly different. I am certain it is been mentioned in a number of articles that he no longer lifts heavy weights and has been 'clean' for a number of years. Also for 51 (15 Years older than Matt) I think he looks in pretty decent shape.

I was re-watching Matt Hardy's TNA debut and i cant see what all the hate about his physique is about.? He has a physique most guys on theUK scene would love to have and to me he deosnt look that bad. He certainly looks no worse that Mr Anderson and defo looks better than Sting (who has been wearing that singlet for years to cover that sagging physique) or even i'd argue Angle.

Why the hate guys?

Thats abit uncharitable Gladstone. I've barely posted in the last few months and have also tried to improve the quality of my post(s)

JRPO

• Paid Members
He certainly looks no worse that Mr Anderson and defo looks better than Sting (who has been wearing that singlet for years to cover that sagging physique) or even i'd argue Angle.

Behave yourself.

Sting gets a pass as he had more good matches than Matt Hardy has had hot dinners - and we know how hungry Hardy is!

As for Sting he is slightly different. I am certain it is been mentioned in a number of articles that he no longer lifts heavy weights and has been 'clean' for a number of years. Also for 51 (15 Years older than Matt) I think he looks in pretty decent shape.

Sting is in pretty good shape, I remember back in 2006 Sting tried that new 'look' and he looked very good. He might of let himself go a little bit in the interim but then he's had to put up Russo's turning him every 6 months for two years so I'd forgive the comfort eating.

I liked Matt Hardy, I really did. I even think he did a respectable job putting Drew McIntyre over with the head injury storyline. The reason I hate Matt Hardy started whn I watched the OMEGA documentary and he told the world 'In my mind if I went out with a girl for any period then my friends shouldn't go out with her even afterwards', and then ran down Joey Abs for falling in love with Matt's ex and 'We cut off all connections with him'. I just thought he was a dick.

And then I watched his youtube clips and decided here was a clearly bitter and possibly insane wanker. The reason I would get on his weight so I can steal someones nicknames for the Hardys, Fatt and crystal Meth Hardy.

Little things please little minds, which is why I don't like Hardy. Boom Boom.

I actually agree. I've only really started watching the wrestling again in the last few months after drifting away from it over the past 2 or 3 years, so i haven't saw him in ages. But i have read about him getting it pretty tight on places like here, so i was kinda expecting that he had ballooned into some seriously grotesque, flabby fatboy. So i watched this talked about match in TNA, and was pretty surprised to see that, looks-wise, he wasn't too bad. A bit tubby, but hardly the obese man i was half expecting. If anything, his crap attire, and lack of any elbow pads, wrist tape etc were far more detrimental to his overall look than his paunch. Basically, listening to you lot was like listening to the Brain leading up to Warrior's return at WM12 :p

However, when the bell rang it was another matter entirely, and in that respect, i would agree with those criticising him. He looked terrible, lazy and moved like someone whose knees were shot like Muta or the Iron Sheik at the gimmick battle royal (ok, maybe a bit of an exaggeration on that one). I'd be surprised if it was his knees though, as give or take a moonsault busted out a few times per year, his knees were pretty well protected. If there was a part of his body he was struggling with, i'd suspect it would be his lower spine/tailbone from all those nutty legdrops he used to bust out in those gimmick matches. They couldn't have been kind to him at all.

So yeah, in ring, he looked like shit. He was always far less athletic and agile than Jeff, albeit he could still bust out things like top rope lionsaults and the like. But time, and that period of Hardy Boy madness from around 99-02 looks to be catching up with him.

On the other side of the coin, i haven't saw RVD in a couple of years either, but he still looked pretty good. I kinda figured that he'd be starting to show his age and slowing down a bit, but he just looks much the same as he has for the last 5/10 years. He must be getting on a bit too, i'm aware of him in that WCW lightheavyweight division with Pillman, Brad Anderson, Scotty Flamingo etc and that can't be far off 20 years ago. Why's he out of the WWE anyway - fired for being a stoner, or resigned by his own choice? They could really be doing with someone like him just now imo. With losing Shawn Micaels and to a lesser extent Jeff hardy last year, i feel they badly need one or two flashy, pretty boy faces.

I think RVD looks a lot slower now than he used to, but I put that down to not really being arsed about the TNA crowds. He stalls a lot more, spends more time than ever doing his thumb thing, and gets around the ring slower. To be expected, but a little disappointing,

Archived