FSM Thread

Vipes

I accept the points above, but equally, surely it's the job of a journalist to investigate what is good out there. The offer to have writers in various counties is a positive step. And I hold my hands up about my suggestion of paid coverage, that was obviously ignorance on my part. Thanks for clearing that up.

But, equally, the UK scene shouldn't have to be one of relentless self-promoting.

But, equally, the UK scene shouldn't have to be one of relentless self-promoting.

Yes, yes it should. You can't wait for anything these days, you have to be relentless - anybody who is successful in any field will tell you the same thing, the people that prosper do so through hardwork and making the effort. Can you imagine WWE waiting around thinking they have a right to be covered? Not a chance they attack 24/7 to get everything they can.

I understand your point, I just find a bit of a white noise effect from individuals/promotions that are promoting themselves every second and hyping every movement as the biggest thing in history. None of it registers, I end up not looking at any of it. I know I'm not the only one either.

I understand your point, I just find a bit of a white noise effect from individuals/promotions that are promoting themselves every second and hyping every movement as the biggest thing in history. None of it registers, I end up not looking at any of it. I know I'm not the only one either.

Very true, but then again "individuals/promotions that are promoting themselves every second and hyping every movement" they are doing their job and that is why you know about them because they are infact promoting themselves. If more people made the same effort then there would be more variety, but my posting above explains the TWC situation.

Plus to be fair. So i just opened up the latest FSM. 2 Stories.

1 about 2 British people possibly being signed by WWE, 1 regarding the huge event/disaster/success/situation* (delete as you see fit) at 1PW,

I would much rather read about this that some jabrone who has flown himself off to the US to work some no name group or because comapny x is having "jimmy v johnny 4" in it's once every 3 month venue infront of a local crowd. I am based in Portsmouth, I am never going to travel to Cumbria to watch that show, neither is 99% of the rest of the country, so what is the benifit to readers? They have to cover stuff of interest. More people are likely to goto Thorpe Park at some point, goto 1PW because of the US draw, likely to go see WWE and see British Talent - see above (Every Show needs more Britani/Saraya Knight to be fair)

and the final page is a profile on one of the bright prospects we have in this country.

I know everybody says this guy is the best, our guy is that, best in the country, our guy is the best prospect, that and the other, but the question is who cares? nobody cares about another nobody unless there is a reason to care. The subject of this month's One to Watch is Colossus Kennedy - why should I care? Well they have a good photo of him in action in what appears to be a big show, he has a wicked picture (very different to most others i have seen in the mag) - this draws me and the more I read, the more interested I get. If it wasn't for the cool picture, I would have skipped past it, but it is simple promotion to make himself standout and he did indeed do that.

I picked up a random copy from the pile, it has a section on arguebly Scotland's biggest show, A section about EVE, about BWC training expo, a show report for IPW and about European-wide talent Johnny Moss, who are these people who are missing out? I have seen stuff about just about every group in there, the only one that "I" think are really misrepresented are All Star.

One thing I am always on the look-out for is talented writers in various areas of the country. That way, we can get them to more shows and therefore provide more feedback about UK wrestlers and promotions to our readers. If it were up to me, I'd have two writers in every county in the UK, going to every show imaginable. The stumbling block, of course, is finding writers with the desire to do that. If you are a writer and would be willing to attend shows (we'll organise your tickets), please e-mail me at contact@fightingspiritmagazine.co.uk.

How exactly would that work Brian?

Send me an e-mail at brian@fightingspiritmagazine.co.uk. It's been a busy week, but I'll get back to you as soon as I can. :)

One thing I am always on the look-out for is talented writers in various areas of the country. That way, we can get them to more shows and therefore provide more feedback about UK wrestlers and promotions to our readers. If it were up to me, I'd have two writers in every county in the UK, going to every show imaginable. The stumbling block, of course, is finding writers with the desire to do that. If you are a writer and would be willing to attend shows (we'll organise your tickets), please e-mail me at contact@fightingspiritmagazine.co.uk.

How exactly would that work Brian?

Send me an e-mail to brian@fightingspiritmagazine.co.uk with a sample of your writing, and some background about you. The sample of writing doesn't have to be of Pulitzer Prize level; for now, I'm just looking for people are enthusiastic but fair to provide some feedback to the shows. We will, of course, speak to the promoter in your area about getting you access to the show.

Edited by Brian Elliott

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Issue 69 of FSM is now available!

In this month's issue, we take a look at the position of Christian in WWE; Why Superstars might just be the dose of WWE you are looking for; FSM speaks to Fit Finlay about his career, and what happened with WWE; FSM spends three days in the life of Kurt Angle; the history of Lucha Libre, and why Mexican wrestling is still going strong; Akira Tozawa's remarkable year in the USA; the British tradition of holiday camp wrestling; FSM looks at five over-40s who are still at the top of their game; Nick Diaz' unique persona in the world of MMA. All of this, plus our regular selection of news, reviews, and columns.

I hope you'll consider picking up a copy, and remember, if your local newsagent does not stock FSM, you can ask them to reserve a copy for you every month. A cheaper option, however, is to subscribe, which you can do by visiting http://www.fightingspiritm​agazine.c...ribe.as​p

Enjoy the issue, and feel free to post any feedback on what you would like to see in future issues.

2a6a1yd.png

• Paid Members
Thanks for changing the thread title! :)

No worries, I thought it had got past the point of finding out if people still read the magazine and was more a discussion thread.

• 2 weeks later...