Changes to WWE wrestlers' attire you would make?

A.P.

This may seem to be a bit of an odd thread, but it really is as simple as it sounds. As we all know how important 'look' is to a wrestler's chances of success, what subtle changes would you make to the attire of current WWE stars that you believe would enhance their appearance and help get them over better?

We're not talking gimmick overhaul here by the way - any changes have to fit in with the wrestler's current gimmick and direction.

As an example, around about 1999, Triple H ditched long trunks for short, started taping his fists and started wetting his hair, all of which made him look tougher, cooler and more believeable as a WWE main eventer.

As a more recent example, Chris Jericho ditched his long trunks for short, which arguably made him look less like a mid-carder and more of a main eventer. The Miz also did similar, ditching those awful cropped trousers for more serious short trunks, and look where that has gotten him.

So, using those as examples, what would you do with any of today's superstars.

In my opinion:

-Cody Rhodes needs to start wearing proper boots and knee pads and possibly wrist taping, as I feel he can never be taken that seriously at the moment as his arms and legs look far too long and thin despite him actually having a good physique. Reduce the appearance of their length and they will look wider and he will look bigger and more believable in mixing it up with the big boys.

-John Morrison needs to ditch the furry boots. Maybe some buckled boots (a bit look the original HBK boots) would do the job. This would make him look tougher and more serious, whilst still allowing him to be different. Slightly off topic, but he could also do with a new entrance theme, again which depicts a more serious tone.

-Ezekiel Jackson, much in the same way as Cody Rhodes, could do with some taping on his wrists/arms, but for different reasons. To me at the moment he comes across looking like an uncoordinated oaf, who may be tough but is not a serious wrestler. Adding some more serious wrestling touches to his look would complement his already fearsome look to make him look like a credible pro-wrestler. Watching back some Raw 1996 shows recently and seeing how fearsome Ahmed Johnson used to look, this is the look they should be going for with Ezekiel.

- Daniel Bryan, as great as he is, could maybe do with some Triple H style taped fists to add to his MMA aura and add a little bit more toughness to his look that would help him make up for his lack of size in the main event level scene.

Feel free to disagree and/or add your own :thumbsup:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you on all of those really. Especially John Morrison - who has really impressed me over the last month. Another tweak I'd make for him would be changing his entrance music. I hate it and it doesn't suit him at all. it's not cool, it's lame.

Shemus should ditch that stupid king shit he wears now as well. Makes him look like a joke.

I think Cody Rhodes is fine without kneepads, at this stage there's no harm in him looking like a skinny little Gollum. He'd have been better suited to the "little fella with a bodyguard" gig than Tyson Kidd, as well. I think Del Rio should wear kneepads all the time, just because he always reminds me of Cody Rhodes when he doesn't.

Morrison could do with an attire overhaul, I suppose. He hasn't had any gimmick besides "likes parkour" in the last eighteen months or more, he's definitely not a decadent rock god character, so I'm not sure what all the fur is in aid of at the moment other than setting him apart. The only danger is if he switched to something more traditional, he might make himself more forgettable.

I liked Ryder in the half-and-half gear as well.

My addition: Trent Baretta's doing himself no favours looking like a Shotgun jobber from the Monday Night War era. He should get himself a haircut and some different attire. Not sure what, but most options would be better. His Superstars mate Hawkins realised the baggy red trousers thing wasn't working.

Edit: Agreed with Loligan on the King entrance gear. Sheamus looks like he's in a Narnia-based panto.

Good Thread, First one that came to mind was Heath Slater, I dont know why but his long ginger hair really annoys me, either cut it or grow a beard would probably make me like him more.

Agree on the Rhodes kneepad thing, noboddy should really enter a ring without them in my opinion

Big SHow should go back to the Tights he wore last year as they were more flattering in my opinion and made him look less like Bundy Jr

I also think more people should wear shorlt ala MCMG and MMA style shorts as something different.

• Paid Members

Id be happy with some more Mr.Perfect style singlets, i think Angle was the last 'big time' main eventer to really use one in WWE, i may be wrong.

I like the idea of colour, something with a bit of style, something which can contribute to a gimmick. Rick Rude anyone? Im not saying lets go back to 93-95, but.. jazz shit up a bit.. stand out.

I think Morrison has established his clothing, i personally think its shit and don't understand why those pants were ever meant to resemble a model/fashion/red carpet. The fur coat thing works a treat though.

Not many people can get away with using the plain boring one colour trunk, it doesnt exactly stand out... Austin made it work with his, kick your arse, no messing about, get the job done... others of similar persona can also make it work.

I understand that you need to be careful with the whole 'is that being racist?' card.. but there are ways of doing it. Sorry, i know, i haven't given much in terms of names, but the above is my thoughts on a whole.

• Paid Members

I'd like to see John Morrison dress more like Jim Morrison, it's a good gimmick for him and I don't think he really has much personality so giving him a rock star one helps his lack of charisma a lot. His furry boots are disgusting if he had brown leather tights and normal boots he'd look mint. also the shades and owl looking fur coat are horrible.

The music I'm ok with, I assume it's meant to sound like Jimi Hedrix and it works for the LA 60s rock god gimmick, I just think he should push the gimmick a bit further and have it make a bit more sense.

Big show definitely needs something covering his thighs, they look gross, he looks much better in a longer singlet.

Daniel Bryan should always dress like this :confused: well, maybe not but the beard and shaved head looks cool.

Count_Danielson.jpg

I think John Morrison should ditch the tights and boots in favour of black trunks with his 'Lego head' logo on the back and black boots with kickpads.

He should also lose the ridiculous jacket and wear a hoodie similar to Curt Hawkins, again with the 'Lego head' on the back.

Wouldn't hurt him to shave either.

Another one is Jack Swagger. He needs to ditch the taped fists as they add nothing to his character, and I reckon he could also ditch traditional pro-wrestling boots as well and wear the Otomix amateur style boots ala Kurt Angle which would really set him apart, although that could be a dodgy one as they could make him look too young.

Ginger beards are menacing as fuck. Heath Slater should grow one for sure.

Jack Swagger is the latest Main Event(?) to wear the Mr Perfect style singlet.

To me the main trouble with half the roster, probably more than that, is the fact that everyone seems to dress in black or very dark colors. I remember Chris Masters bust out luminous green trunks one night on Smackdown and he stood out even more than usual, but then reverted back to the same old colors.

I agree with more or less every suggestion posted above, especially John Morrisons overhaul. He needs new attire, new music and a new voice.

Archived