Snake's WWE Invasion 'Royal Mafia Rumble'

Snake Plissken

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Right, well shit has kicked off a bit now hasn't it?. Finally!.

My top 5 suspects at this point in time -

1. Nexus

Voted for me in a blink of an eye because I claimed Vanilla. Fair does if I claimed Cop or Doc, but Vanilla is a useless role. Seems to me like he wanted to try and get something going because night killing a Vanilla would be a waste or -

2,3,4 - Ron Simmons, Lion of the Midlands, Insert name here

Nexus voted me, then had one of these 3 stick up for me to gain the trust of myself and the town. Like i've already said it's more than likely at least one of these 3 is scum. They all back-to-back stuck up for me as soon as Nexus voted. Now obviously I could be wrong but it seems like a good shot that not all of them were doing it innocently.

5 - Mike Castle

Holier than thou attitude towards other players, and "coincidently" timed posting. I also have a built in distrust of Mike due to him slipping massively under the town radar in other games.

• Paid Members

That's OK, Chris.

Nexus voted me, then had one of these 3 stick up for me to gain the trust of myself and the town. Like i've already said it's more than likely at least one of these 3 is scum. They all back-to-back stuck up for me as soon as Nexus voted. Now obviously I could be wrong but it seems like a good shot that not all of them were doing it innocently.

That's a little odd in the way of logic. You're suggesting that Nexus voted for you, then had one of us stand up for you to gain trust? Aside from the fact this would have had to have been a ridiculously quick move on the inevitable mafia board in terms of instructions, it also would be quite a weak move to plot. I'd suggest we don't really have any leads as of yet, or at the very least no strong leads.

• Paid Members
5 - Mike Castle

Holier than thou attitude towards other players, and "coincidently" timed posting. I also have a built in distrust of Mike due to him slipping massively under the town radar in other games.

This isn't so much to defend Mike as to look at your logic in arriving at your conclusion: I don't think Mike has ever "slipped under the Town radar" - nearly every game I've seen him in, he's ended up lynched or killed. The last game, he was first to go, and far short of the conclusion of the Day Phase! The Cowboys one, he ended up lynched, and the previous one (I think, someone remind me), he was killed by the Scum.

• Paid Members
I don't have too much of a problem with TripleA's role-claim - there's very little reason for the Nexus to target him if he has no powers. And, my apologies to TripleA for this, I strongly suspect he's WWE: that roleclaim was pretty bad play, and Trips has got "form" for only playing well when he's Scum.

Just to clarify the issue Carbomb, as I don't think you were around when I pointed it out in a previous game.

Claiming Vanilla "now" means that scum can eliminate him from any possibile power role hunting they may do. Which means they are slightly more likely at this stage to hit a power role.

This of course increases as the game goes on because TripleA will be left alive as long as possible as a vanilla because until the game draws close to a point that scum have to eliminate "confirmed" town, it's one person they don't have to worry about as a power role, keeping them slightly safer in the process.

5 - Mike Castle

The first bit is how I always am on certain things, thus not a tell, second is a coincidence nothing more, thus a null tell, third bit is actually false.

Nexus' game - Nailed a scum day 1, was killed that same night.

Snake's game - Managed to weasel my way through half the game, despite being thought of as scummy most of the way through anyway.

Family Guy's game - Lynched day 1.

So I wouldn't say that's me massively slipping under the radar when even in Nexus' game, I was attacked almost right off the bat over something I'd typed up even before I I'd finished modding the previous game.

So yeah, me slipping under the radar = never happening at any point in any game ever, I will always come off slightly scummy even on Mafia Scum, over here I'm instantly viewed as lynchable because of my playstyle, which is a combination of brash, but wall'o'text based too.

• Paid Members
That's OK, Chris.

That's a little odd in the way of logic. You're suggesting that Nexus voted for you, then had one of us stand up for you to gain trust? Aside from the fact this would have had to have been a ridiculously quick move on the inevitable mafia board in terms of instructions, it also would be quite a weak move to plot. I'd suggest we don't really have any leads as of yet, or at the very least no strong leads.

I think, had he been saying all three were mafia, it would be unlikely. The likelihood is that one of them is, though, don't you think?

• Paid Members
That's OK, Chris.

I don't think Nexus is scum, it IS plausible that Ron, Lion or Insert are scum, if scum can blend in when possible they will, and swift has proven the last two games he's played in that it doesn't take much beyond agreeing with something to lead people to trusting his opinion, I'd be surprised if someone didn't try following that lead as it's hard to prove that the person isn't talking bollocks.

• Paid Members
I don't have too much of a problem with TripleA's role-claim - there's very little reason for the Nexus to target him if he has no powers. And, my apologies to TripleA for this, I strongly suspect he's WWE: that roleclaim was pretty bad play, and Trips has got "form" for only playing well when he's Scum.

Just to clarify the issue Carbomb, as I don't think you were around when I pointed it out in a previous game.

Claiming Vanilla "now" means that scum can eliminate him from any possibile power role hunting they may do. Which means they are slightly more likely at this stage to hit a power role.

This of course increases as the game goes on because TripleA will be left alive as long as possible as a vanilla because until the game draws close to a point that scum have to eliminate "confirmed" town, it's one person they don't have to worry about as a power role, keeping them slightly safer in the process.

I see - never thought of that. Fuck. And, I suppose, it means he'll only really be valuable to the Town when we're at low numbers, when one vote will count more - at which point the Scum/Nexus would go straight for him.

Fuck's sake, TripleA, what did you go and do that for?

• Paid Members

Not very odd at all. You lot and Nexus were all online around the same time so if Nexus and one of you were Mafia then it wouldn't be impossible for you both to be in the scum topic. It takes maybe 2 minutes to think "if we stick up for him and I disagree with Nexus, then that not only makes me look trustworthy but also distances us two scum away from each other".

It's happened in other games, even to the extent of scum sacrificing themselves to save other scum. Doesn't take long to think it up.

5 - Mike Castle

The first bit is how I always am on certain things, thus not a tell, second is a coincidence nothing more, thus a null tell, third bit is actually false.

Nexus' game - Nailed a scum day 1, was killed that same night.

Snake's game - Managed to weasel my way through half the game, despite being thought of as scummy most of the way through anyway.

Family Guy's game - Lynched day 1.

So I wouldn't say that's me massively slipping under the radar when even in Nexus' game, I was attacked almost right off the bat over something I'd typed up even before I I'd finished modding the previous game.

So yeah, me slipping under the radar = never happening at any point in any game ever, I will always come off slightly scummy even on Mafia Scum, over here I'm instantly viewed as lynchable because of my playstyle, which is a combination of brash, but wall'o'text based too.

Those are just 3 games. I'd like to know the result from the other few games you've played on here please.

- Were you scum or town

- How long did you last

thanks in advance.

Also, my "slipping under town radar" isn't meant as just generally hiding out of danger, but in the way you manage to talk yourself out of corners and blend in with town even when you're scum by posting frequently, and posting detailed "scum hunting" posts.

• Paid Members
That's OK, Chris.

I think, had he been saying all three were mafia, it would be unlikely. The likelihood is that one of them is, though, don't you think?

I completely disagree, the likelihood ISN'T that one of us is scum, though it's possible - or plausible as Mike said. Statistically three people out of 20 are more likely to not be scum than to be.

• Paid Members
That's OK, Chris.

I completely disagree, the likelihood ISN'T that one of us is scum, though it's possible - or plausible as Mike said. Statistically three people out of 20 are more likely to not be scum than to be.

Oh definately, but 20 people didn't rush to my side when Nexus got a vote in did they?. Like i've said it's perfectly possible you're all town, but when 3 people all post back to back "I trust TripleA" it's very likely one of them is doing it to blend in and get a free pass.

Archived