Feuds where the heel was in the right

Dashing

Randy Savage vs Hulk Hogan in 1988/89. Hogan was clearly stepping into the comfort zone. In real life if that was my lass, I'd be tempted to order a 300 quid replica WWF title belt and smack the lad over the head with it if he was getting to pally with my lass.

Always thought Foley and Edge were in the right in 2006 when they had that feud against ECW. Foley was actually kicking Heyman's arse as far as his "whore working for a pimp" line he delivered to Foley.

Agreed on Hogan. He came across as a prick in most of his feuds though. The Andre one, the Macho Man one, the Orndorff one, the Sid one. Heck, I even sympathised with Yokozuna. Hogan straight up called him a "Jap" and then came out and challenged him after he'd already had a match.

I don't agree with the andre situation.

The big man joined forces with Bobby Heenan (which would be like siding with Vince or Vickie Guererro now) and ripped the Hulkster's crucifix off while challenging him.

As Hogan was saying at the time "if you wanted a shot at my Title, all you had to do was ask (Brother)".

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
If Hogan was any sort of a friend he would have offered Andre a shot at the belt, not just waited for him to ask like everybody else. But no, typical 80's Hogan, parading around on an "I love me" trip.

Why would he want to fight his best mate, who always said "ARM PWROWD AR OOOO, BOTHhhh!1" (translated: I'm proud of you, boss"). Andre never even hinted at wanting to wrestle his friend. And paling up to Bobby Heenan isnt the best way to ask for a title shot.

Erm, more recently Sting and Kevin Nash? No? OK.

In terms of them being on the right side of the fence, yeah, maybe.

But the stuff with Sting was just so silly. Sting really wants Dixie to wake up and realize that she's being played, but rather than, y'know, just actually TELLING HER, he wanders around backstage talking bollocks cryptic clues and attacking people for months.

"I tried to tell you Dixie, but you wouldn't listen"

Fuck off Steve. If you can't put together a coherent sentence why would anyone bother listening to you!

On the most part you are right, but I do recall Sting trying to tell Dixie before Bischoff suspended him for 30 days. Anyway, Eddie's right, but they weren't really right until BFG, and by that point Sting had been acting a dick since March.

Randy Savage vs Hulk Hogan in 1988/89. Hogan was clearly stepping into the comfort zone. In real life if that was my lass, I'd be tempted to order a 300 quid replica WWF title belt and smack the lad over the head with it if he was getting to pally with my lass.

Always thought Foley and Edge were in the right in 2006 when they had that feud against ECW. Foley was actually kicking Heyman's arse as far as his "whore working for a pimp" line he delivered to Foley.

Agreed on Hogan. He came across as a prick in most of his feuds though. The Andre one, the Macho Man one, the Orndorff one, the Sid one. Heck, I even sympathised with Yokozuna. Hogan straight up called him a "Jap" and then came out and challenged him after he'd already had a match.

I don't agree with the andre situation.

The big man joined forces with Bobby Heenan (which would be like siding with Vince or Vickie Guererro now) and ripped the Hulkster's crucifix off while challenging him.

As Hogan was saying at the time "if you wanted a shot at my Title, all you had to do was ask (Brother)".

The build up to that match is excellent for the time, and even now I like it. It's got so much hype going in, that it makes a very boring match very good in drama alone.

The crowd and the slam, awesome.

• Paid Members
Dont agree with the Yoko situation either. Those Japs are sneaky, evil, salt throwers. They are not to be trusted.

INDEED.

Quite right. They're always Pearl Harbouring people.

Off topic, but I like the story. On a shoot with some one I forget they are talking about planning some FMW/ECW show, and people from both sides are sat around trying to work shit out when sandman stands and breaks the silence with the idea that "I'll Pearl Harbor you, the you can Pearl Harbor me".

• Moderators

Kevin Von Erich's story he tells on Triumph and Tragedy about when someone in Japan took liberties with him and KVE got the better of him was my favourite. He does a promo in the ring after the match and says:-

Like Pearl Harbour, you attack me from behind. Like Hiroshima, I win.

Absolutely tremendous.

• Paid Members
Pretty much any Val Venis feud to be honest. Stealing other men's wives and making a sex tape with them and then showing it to the poor bugger hardly screams babyface does it?

Didn't he half inch Blackman's bag of tricks a slip and dildo into it, or did I imagine that?

In fairness, Val only shagged Ken Shamrock's sister. Kenny did the bullshit macho "nobody's allowed to shag my sister" thing, and anyone who does that in real life is a total cunt, so I'd consider it heelish.

He was shagging Goldust wife too, hence him walking round as Dustin with a "WWGD" armband if I recall right.

• Paid Members

he also banged Mrs Yamaguchi as well, basically Val was a massive twat, I'm amazed he didn't get his cock out and ram Nicole Bass during there weird run in '99, Russo probably thought about it

EDIT: Spotlight got in ther first on that

Archived