Feuds where the heel was in the right

Dashing

Can you name some feuds where you thought the heel was in the right?

I'll get us started with CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy from Summer 2009.

Nowhere in the MITB contract did it say you couldn't cash in on Jeff Hardy. Punk cashes in on Hardy and Hardy proceeds to whine like a little bitch all summer. Not only that, but CM Punk expresses his dismay at Jeff's following despite his obvious problems with drugs. Punk didn't do anything wrong, I'm sure every parent out there would be horrified if there kid turned out to have drug problems and end up in court like Hardys about to. Yet the masses continued to cheer Jeff. Stupid.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Paul Orndorff and Hulk Hogan in 1986. Hogan was ignoring Orndorff's calls, avoiding him to go to the gym, and taking all the credit for their alliance. I don't fucking blame Mr #1derful for giving the Hulkster a braying.

• Paid Members

Randy Savage vs Hulk Hogan in 1988/89. Hogan was clearly stepping into the comfort zone. In real life if that was my lass, I'd be tempted to order a 300 quid replica WWF title belt and smack the lad over the head with it if he was getting to pally with my lass.

Always thought Foley and Edge were in the right in 2006 when they had that feud against ECW. Foley was actually kicking Heyman's arse as far as his "whore working for a pimp" line he delivered to Foley.

Sid Justice eliminating Hogan from the 1992 Rumble. It's sold as every man for himself, yet when Sid chucks out the favourite he is made a heel. Interesting note that the crowd actually cheered this when it happened but was covered over with boos on the official release.

Bret Hart 1997 too. Bret was so right, it was great.

the beginning of the jericho/michaels feud in 2008, didnt shawn fake an injury in a match with batista and jericho was trying to get everyone to see it but they just cheered regardless.

shawn in his feud with hogan before summserslam 05 spoke pretty true of constantly immortalising himself, while hogan lived off a reputation he had made years earlier, afterall shawn was the one still with the company making young stars look good.

• Moderators
Sid Justice eliminating Hogan from the 1992 Rumble. It's sold as every man for himself, yet when Sid chucks out the favourite he is made a heel. Interesting note that the crowd actually cheered this when it happened but was covered over with boos on the official release.

Yeah, Hogan seems to have the "Sour Grapes" corner of Wrestling covered when you think about it. He was probably the worst loser in wrestling history.

• Paid Members

Silver Vision released the full version over here though. I have the VHS from the time it was released and its "Sidamania" running wild. For someone who is apparently a waste of space and useless, Sid had a habit of completely overshadowing whoever the 'Man' was at the time.

shawn in his feud with hogan before summserslam 05 spoke pretty true of constantly immortalising himself, while hogan lived off a reputation he had made years earlier, afterall shawn was the one still with the company making young stars look good

Then Hogan mentioned about Michaels going home and "losing his smile" and double-crossing a fellow employee in the ring (something Hogan never did) and Hogan was totally in the right. Hogan always made the young stars look good. They looked great getting all that pussy in the 80s and buying houses because of a show people were watching because he was on it.

Sid was great from his run with the Sky scrapers all the way to 1999. Would never dispute that. But now with a seriously smaller stature and genuinely being an old man, with serious doubts about his ability to work after a serious (to put it lightly) leg injury. He would add very little in 2010.

All the smart fans are gone mostly. You think the kids that watch wrestling today are gonna cheer Sid?

• Paid Members
Sid was great from his run with the Sky scrapers all the way to 1999. Would never dispute that. But now with a seriously smaller stature and genuinely being an old man, with serious doubts about his ability to work after a serious (to put it lightly) leg injury. He would add very little in 2010.

All the smart fans are gone mostly. You think the kids that watch wrestling today are gonna cheer Sid?

I wasnt pulling for his return or anything, but it would be nice to see him on that retro-show they are doing. Really surprised he never turned up on TNA though. He seems made for them. A Steiner vs Sid in a "you moved out of the way and I broke my leg" feud seems like something they'd have went for a few years ago.

i dont know why but if sid came back to tv i would have to watch it, even though matches wouldnt of been great i always wanted to see sid warrior after mania 8, im sure after mania 11 he was in the right when slagging off hbk night after hbk vs diesel, i was cheering for him, even more so at sseries 96

• Paid Members

The Jericho/HBK stuff from 2008 was great, especially on Jericho's part with some of the initial promos where he rips into Shawn for faking a knee injury against Batista, then asks the crowd why are they getting behind a liar like that and booing Y2J for simply exposing him as a phony? I thought it was grandly done.

I brought this up in a similar thread a few months back, but Dean Malenko vs Lita/the Hardys. Basically, the James Bond of the WWF was trying his best to woo Lita, and she was having none of it. After a few weeks of hapless courting, she seemed to take pity on Deano and let him take her out for a meal, which finished early as Lita announced her amorous intentions, prompting Dean to bellow the immortal line 'WAITER, CHECK!'. When they got back to the hotel, it was revealed that it had all been a nasty trick, with the Hardy Boys appearing from nowhere to clobber Dean with a lamp and flip the bed over on top of him.

The only suggestion throughout the feud that Malenko was in the wrong was that he was supposedly married, but given this was around the time Val Venis and the Godfather were babyfaces, it hardly broke the moral code of the WWF landscape at the time. Lita, on the other hand, was a right bitch to Malenko throughout the storyline, manipulating him out of a perfectly good steak dinner and causing him to get his clock cleaned by a couple of smug little emo twats. I couldn't see any way that most male WWF fans wouldn't be cheering when the Radicalz subsequently battered the Hardys.

I brought this up in a similar thread a few months back, but Dean Malenko vs Lita/the Hardys. Basically, the James Bond of the WWF was trying his best to woo Lita, and she was having none of it. After a few weeks of hapless courting, she seemed to take pity on Deano and let him take her out for a meal, which finished early as Lita announced her amorous intentions, prompting Dean to bellow the immortal line 'WAITER, CHECK!'. When they got back to the hotel, it was revealed that it had all been a nasty trick, with the Hardy Boys appearing from nowhere to clobber Dean with a lamp and flip the bed over on top of him.

The only suggestion throughout the feud that Malenko was in the wrong was that he was supposedly married, but given this was around the time Val Venis and the Godfather were babyfaces, it hardly broke the moral code of the WWF landscape at the time. Lita, on the other hand, was a right bitch to Malenko throughout the storyline, manipulating him out of a perfectly good steak dinner and causing him to get his clock cleaned by a couple of smug little emo twats. I couldn't see any way that most male WWF fans wouldn't be cheering when the Radicalz subsequently battered the Hardys.

Classic Malenko! I remember this it was hilarious

Archived