The UKFF Retro Gaming Thread

patiirc

• Paid Members
On 6/11/2024 at 10:04 PM, Big Bully Busick said:

So I visited the Lewisham branch of CEX which is one I used to visit fairly often as my head office was in the area 

I've had some great finds over5the years here and at first glance upon entry I was quite concerned as I saw no retro 

Not to worry however as I soon discovered they keep it towards the back of the store

I think I'm just conditioned to look at the first glass cabinet section I come across for that type of stuff

At the risk of doxxing myself, this is my local CEX, and it's a recent change that the retro stuff got moved nearer the back, it did used to be in the first glass cabinet. They always have a really good selection of retro stuff, and seem to change it up a lot.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Big Bully Busick said:

Rathbone Place? I work close by and it's seen better days

Yeh, used to spend a lot of time there (uni was in Russell Square, and this would've been around 2000, 2001, when Charing Cross Road/Tottenham Court Road still had all the computer shops and that big monthly computer fair that felt like an underground tech bazaar in some dystopian sci-fi).

Looking back, it wowed a 20 year-old like me, but it may not have been quite so impressive to a hardcore gamer or tech-head.

• Paid Members

My copy of The Sopranos on PS2 came and I’ve done the first stage to make sure it works.

You play as some made up guy called Joey who is apparently Big Pussy’s Son?
The first stage takes place in the Bada Bing. There are bare tits everywhere, you get a lapdance, everyone gives you a sandwich order (Vito’s is low fat turkey and lots of pickles but no bread or anything else that would make it a sandwich) and then you accidentally kill a man in the toilets when Paulie orders you to bash his head off a urinal.

Think I’ll enjoy this.

Edited by FLips

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

That sounds absolutely amazing. 

The writing is sublime so far.

The guy Paulie has you bray in the toilets gave him lip earlier when he told Paulie he knew Tony was in the Bada Bing cos he heard him. Paulie tells him he’s hearing things and it’s a mirage. Guy gets lippy saying you see mirages and don’t hear them.

Paulie says “throw him at that wall, see if it’s a mirage”.

• Paid Members

I'm not going to do updates on every level I do on The Sopranos, but it is worth mentioning that Big Pussy has started appearing as a vision like Mufasa. I dumped a body in the sea and there he was in the water talking to me. I turned it off before I saw, but I'm sure he was about to appear in a mirror like Ultimate Warrior during the cutscene for the next level too.

For reference the game takes place between season 5 and 6 and they got the bloke who played Brendan back to voice your gobshite mate Reggie. So far the voice acting is the only good thing about it.

Edited by FLips

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, FLips said:

I'm not going to do updates on every level I do on The Sopranos, but it is worth mentioning that Big Pussy has started appearing as a vision like Mufasa. I dumped a body in the sea and there he was in the water talking to me. I turned it off before I saw, but I'm sure he was about to appear in a mirror like Ultimate Warrior during the cutscene for the next level too.

For reference the game takes place between season 5 and 6 and they got the bloke who played Brendad back to voice your gobshite mate Reggie. So far the voice acting is the only good thing about it.

Why don't you pop the updates in your Sopranos watchalong thread? People enjoy reading your writing. 

• Paid Members

@DavidB6937 pimped this earlier in the thread. It was premiered at 1900 last night. I had no idea it was 4hrs long! Pandamonium have gone into a lot of detail, yet still kept it fun and interesting. The makers of the documentar, seem to be a bit confused about how invested the Japanese were into rallying, and their general passion for motorsports. 

Really enjoying it so far. Still have a couple of hours to go.

So a discord group I'm on came up with a challenge for me once I hit 1000 subs

It all started when I highlighted a Robbie Williams Wii game and questioned it's existence 

They made a joke saying I should do a celebration video singing along with it

Being the sport (or idiot) I am, I thought why not?. 

Please join me as my final piece of dignity passes away

So a discord group I'm on came up with a challenge for me once I hit 1000 subs

It all started when I highlighted a Robbie Williams Wii game and questioned it's existence 

They made a joke saying I should do a celebration video singing along with it

Being the sport (or idiot) I am, I thought why not?. 

Please join me as my final piece of dignity passes away