Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Paid Members

That's a terribly written blurb. For a start, it ignores the fact that by 1995 it was actually the "big 5", and for another.....

In the mid-90′s, no pay-per-view series produced more epic matches, historic moments or championship showdowns than WWE In Your House.

That's bollocks, isn't it? In Your House might have produced, technically more championship matches but that's only because there were seven of the fuckers a year! Historic moments? Stretching it. That's 'Mania, all day long. You might even argue more impact was made at King of the Ring between Austin's victory speech and Mankind's stunt show, both of which have stood the test of time longer than anything that happened on any In Your House.

Still, plenty of gems will be on the set. Maybe Sable's knockers too, or is that too much to ask?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to the Bret Hart DVD, with that match vs Austin from South Africa being in September 96, wasnt that just prior to Bret returning on TV? If so, do you reckon that match is pretty much a dry-run of the match that they would then have at Survivor Series? I've not seen this particular match be Im taking a punt that it will include Austin hitting the stunner, pulling Bret to the middle for a 2 count and the finish being the Hart push off the turnbuckle for the pin spot

in fact, is this a clip from the final 2 minutes of the match?

Even though I havent watched it in ages, I remember Vaders RF shoot being tremendous.

Foley seemingly has had a tonne of DVDs throughout his career. Cant think theres too many missing matches that could be put on as extras for this new one.

• Paid Members
Going back to the Bret Hart DVD, with that match vs Austin from South Africa being in September 96, wasnt that just prior to Bret returning on TV? If so, do you reckon that match is pretty much a dry-run of the match that they would then have at Survivor Series?

Without cheating by going on historyofwwe, I'm going to guess that it's a fairly straight forward heel/face match that isn't anywhere as dynamic as the Survivors match - there will be one, lengthy, defined stretch of heat for Austin, then Bret will turn the tide and hit the six moves of doom. Superplex if he's really in the mood. Austin will regain the advantage for about 30 seconds then somehow end up in the Sharpshooter. Endut! Hoch Hech!

EDIT -

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Well, I've already got the finish wrong, so you can safely assume I know fuck all, about fuck all, until the end of time.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members
Even though I havent watched it in ages, I remember Vaders RF shoot being tremendous.

My lasting memory of that is seeing Vader's heart breaking halfway through it. He says his plan is to work with Bam Bam in ECW and he goes on for ages about it and at the end of it one of them goes "oh, Bam Bam just signed with WCW". Poor bastard. They could have told him earlier.

The Best of In Your House 04/30/13

After Jeff Jarrett vs Shawn Michaels, I struggle. I wonder what on Earth they would put on that set. I imagine a one-disc-er.

Bret vs Hakushi, Bret vs Bulldog, Bret vs Austin vs Vader vs Undertaker, Undertaker vs Mankind, Shawn vs Mankind... most of the undercard stuff is pretty good too.

Wasn't the last In Your House Backlash 99, I would assume the Last Man Standing or Cage Match at St Valentines may be on there and some from that era also

Nobody seems to have mentioned the first Hell In A Cell??? Or is that unlikely since it's been featured on numerous other releases?

Others I'd consider (other than ones previously released on other comps) would be :

Shawn Michaels VS Owen Hart (IYH 6 Feb 96)

Ken Shamrock VS Vader (Cold Day In Hell)

Undertaker VS Vader (Canadian Stampede)

... Vader/Razor was good too although they won't put it on there, I don't think. They might go "misguided attempts at humour" and have the Hog Pen match though.

Michaels vs Mankind from Mind Games will prob be on.

Triple title match from IYH3

Shamrock/Rock/Mankind from Breakdown - Awesome match and possible birth of the Rocky chants without the "Sucks" tag, Could put the triple threat title match from same show and then include the segment from the RAW after with Vince, Austin and the Zamboni as an extra

Archived