Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Paid Members
I don't think the Bret-Magee match ever showed up online. What is online is a match Magee had in Japan later on with a former sumo guy that was legendarily bad:

That's the one I was thinking of, I knew I'd seen someone post a link to one of his horrendously bad matches.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That particular match is probably not a true representation of whatever potential there may have been in Magee as it's filmed two years after his initial spate of squashes and the Bret match, so he might have been in a "not arsed anymore" place. I had a look at one of his earliest squashes and with a journeyman ham n egger comfortable in the role of "make Magee look good" it's a passable affair. Magee had some athleticism (though clearly uncoordinated) and a good luck. If he'd also been blessed with charisma he might have had a chance, but he'd have needed to be Hogan reincarnated to have had a chance of being Vince's "next World Champion" as he seemed to think after the Bret match.

I watched a Botchamania recently which featured Tom Magee. Didnt show the Bret match, but showed a match he had against someone else (cant remember who), with Monsoon burying him on commentary. Both guys were gassed out and moving in slow motion.

With regards to the person asking about the nWo DVD, its an absolute waste of time if you have seen the Back in Black one. I seriously dont know why they bothered making this new one. Still a decent watch mind, as its an hour of nWo footage, and you cant really mess that up. I guess the main point of this set is the 5 odd hours worth of extras, which I guess makes it worth buying. That said, the extras include: Giant vs Hogan, the Leno tag match, the infamous War Games match, Piper vs Hogan, and the Bash 96 match, all of which are poor. It doesnt include any of the run-ins, beat downs, Sting stuff, that is what made it great to begin with, so its pretty disappointing really.

• Paid Members
Magee had some athleticism (though clearly uncoordinated)

Bit off-topic, but Magee was very effiminate (spelling?) in his offence though. He actually did punch like a girl. He had a tremendous look, good athletism, but everything else in his arsenal was just wrong. He fought like he just came out of some random ballet school.

• Paid Members
Bit off-topic, but Magee was very effiminate (spelling?) in his offence though.

Effeminate. As in fem for female. And you're not wrong in terms of the punches, he should have stuck to bodyslams, side suplexes, clotheslines, dropkicks and powerslams. ;)

• Paid Members
Bit off-topic, but Magee was very effiminate (spelling?) in his offence though.

Effeminate. As in fem for female. And you're not wrong in terms of the punches, he should have stuck to bodyslams, side suplexes, clotheslines, dropkicks and powerslams. ;)

That's what I'm after..

• Paid Members

That was the first name that leaped off the page to me too. The Franchise making a contribution to an official WWE product. What a hypocrite. What a cunt.

• Paid Members
I'd like to hear from Vader. He's not a guy I've heard talk in any great depth. Is he usually a good contributor?

He did an hour long interview with Live Audio Wrestling last year which was really excellent, so should be a good addition to the DVD. Way more articulate and thoughtful than expected.

• Paid Members
I'd like to hear from Vader. He's not a guy I've heard talk in any great depth. Is he usually a good contributor?

If Wrestling With Shadows is any indicator, really soft spoken and intelligent. I would stake my mortgage on him admitting that it tore him up when Cactus got hurt in their matches, everybody's books make him sound like a really nice bloke.

Well, apart from the match on Worldwide where Mick told him to hit him for real, of course.

• Paid Members

IYH set blurb:

In the mid-90′s, no pay-per-view series produced more epic matches, historic moments or championship showdowns than WWE In Your House. Debuting in 1995, In Your House pay-per-views were the preeminent setting for the top Superstars in WWE to settle their scores in the months between the

Archived