Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that Dirty White Boy Tony Anthony that Slaughter is putting the Cobra Clutch on?

Yeah, it will be. 24/7 has aired all the episodes of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling from the same period as what's going on the DVD, and DWB Tony Anthony is working as enhancement talent on those shows.

• Paid Members
The Bret vs Backlund match from Superstars is awesome and something I never thouht to see included on a WWE release!

Yeah, kudos for them for releasing that forgotten classic, and indeed for the chicken wing placing so highly.

Minus points for featuring a couple of underwhelming matches (Rock/Goldberg, Page v Hogan v Flair v Sting) that don't do much for the men executing the moves that made the list, and DEFINITELY loses half a star for not referring to Flash Funk's finisher as the "Funky Flash Splash."

Unless it's something really interesting, I couldn't really give a monkey's toss about the theme of the DVDs they put out. I'm just interested in them putting out some unreleased TV and WCW PPV matches in good quality, they are doing that with this new Finishers set and it looks great for my tastes. Will definatly be getting that one.

Unless it's something really interesting, I couldn't really give a monkey's toss about the theme of the DVDs they put out. I'm just interested in them putting out some unreleased TV and WCW PPV matches in good quality, they are doing that with this new Finishers set and it looks great for my tastes. Will definatly be getting that one.

For once, ThePhenom speaks sense. Who cares about the theme? It's all about what matches are on the set. Anything WCW or Raw/Smackdown that's unreleased in good quality is always going to be an attraction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like Silvervision are going to be re-releasing the original Best of Raw tapes on Tagged Classic DVD's. Great news for me, be good to have some TV matches from 96/97 without having to buy season sets etc. Plus with WWE not carrying on with that best of Raw seasons that bombed seems a good way to get a flavour of Raw from back then, hope they all get a release.

EstPX.jpg

Best of Raw Volume 1

This is it! The BEST Matches from the hit TV Show Monday Night Raw! Watch the Best of The Best put everything they have on the line, all for a shot at Championship Gold!

Featuring matches from July & August 1996!

The Godwinns vs. Vader & British Bulldog

WWE Championship Match

Shawn Michaels vs. Billy Gunn

WWE Tag Team Title Match

The Smoking Gunns vs. Shawn Michaels & Ahmed Johnson

Sycho Sid vs. Justin

• Paid Members

As I mentioned elsewhere, it's an awful trailer. No-one in their right mind is going to want to see relative nobodies like Colt Cabana and Curt fucking Hawkins talk about how much of a twat CM Punk is, surely?

I am intrigued by how the DVD will turn out judging by some of the things we've heard about regarding rights they have acquired, certainly, but that trailer does this release absolutely zero favours at all.

It's clearly yet another HHH instigated burial. What a cunt.

• Paid Members

That was hilariously bad. Fucking hell. Someone must have it in for him. They MUST. Every time you see him, whether its onscreen or off, they make him look like the biggest loser going. WWE has the best production team in the world, and they put that out? A bloke with bitch tits and shit tattoos standing topless on top of a roof? Gladders is right about the company he keeps on this DVD. Colt Cabana, Kofi Kingston and Curt Hawkins? Jesus. I get they are his real life mates, but this is a 30 quid DVD. Nobody wants to hear these cock ends speak. CM Punk is the leather jacket wearing stereotyped high school goon from every late-90s teen film. He's essentially an unlikable DDP. Talks about himself like people think he's Carpentier, and doesn't realise he sounds like a bell end.

I don't think it looks that bad. Alright, Curt Hawkins, Kofi Kingston and that Scotty Goldman bloke from 2009 aren't the best choices to use as the talking heads, especially when Cena and co. are bound to be on there quite a bit, and there's absolutely fuck all about CM Punk the wrestler featured, but it's got quite a nice atmosphere to it which I like.

It should be good.

Archived