The Strikeforce Event Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

ooooh, the Japan show is going to happen at a time where it will play afternoon time in America, doesn't that mean will get it live at like 8-9pm on a Saturday night? makes buying the Primetime package even more appealing.

• Paid Members
the April card with Barnett/Rogers and Overeem/Werdum is going to take place in Japan! Strikeforce venturing out! be interested to see what they do with the undercard of that show.

Haha, i suppose thats one way to get around the Barnett issue, and Overeem to an extent. Very novel.

• Paid Members

yeh :) it is rather conveniant.

I was listening to junkieradio the other day and they made out the point of how stupid its gonna be that if Josh Barnett reaches the final of the tournament means them holding their biggest ever show outside of California...Coker can't be happy about that.

• Paid Members

For sure! You know Coker is going to spin this like it's an amazing achievement, and puts SF on the map globally etc etc, when any MMA fan worth their salt is going to see the names Barnett and Overeem on the card and know exactly what the score is.

I wish i joined in with the MMA chat on here more, more often than not i'm either beaten to it, or people have already articulated my point far better than i could :thumbsup:

the April card with Barnett/Rogers and Overeem/Werdum is going to take place in Japan! Strikeforce venturing out! be interested to see what they do with the undercard of that show.

Apparently some or all of the opening round of the Real Entertainment (former Pride guys) Lightweight GP will be on this show as well, which makes sense as Dream looks finished and with Strikeforce paying for the HW names, they could try running the Saitama Super Arena.

HDNet will be showing the undercard, so who knows if they would be allowed to put the LW stuff on ppv over here.

• Paid Members

Tim Kennedy's not fighting Luke Rockhold anymore and is now fighting Melvin Manhoef on the main card of Strikeforce's March show

Here's the current main card

MAIN CARD

-Rafael Cavalcante vs. Dan Henderson (for light-heavyweight title)

-Marloes Coenen vs. Miesha Tate (for women's welterweight title)

-Tim Kennedy vs. Melvin Manhoef*

-Billy Evangelista vs. Jorge Masvidal

Love the look of that

• Paid Members

Luke Rockhold can't catch a break :( still any chance to see Manheof fight i'll take. If Tim Kennedy can drag this thing to the ground he should win comfortably but any time standing with Melvin is dangerous.

Do we only know 2 out of the 4 dates for the Strikeforce tournament events that will be on primetime? Thinking of going for the 4 event deal, but dobn't want to do it if they're on weekends when I'm away.

Well they can't really commit to dates until they know who is through to the next rounds.

Depends on how banged up fighters are and thats before you even bring M1 into it (if Fedor wins).

• Paid Members

did anyone find out if you can Sky+ off Primetime?

i messaged the wall on the primetime facebook page but i didn't get a responce. If you can do it, i'll more than likely purchase the 4 shows.

Archived