Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Well, Constantine was shit and Astro was right.

Cunts even took away his penchant for the cigarettes!!!

An absolute disgrace and pisses on my beloved Heckblazer comic. Disgusted isn't the word, lads.

Say what you like about the movie, but at least it was entertaining and tried it's best given it was under the scornful eye of Hollywood studios with a mega budget up it's hole.

Saw a 17 minute preview of Guardians of the Galaxy last night and let me tell you you won't be disappointed. The characterisations are great, and the 17 minute were full of humor and actions. Really great taste for what's to come.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The 17 minutes saw the Guardian being imprisoned in the one of the dirtiest, cut throat, Nova Corps prison facility in the known galaxy. After being processed in (during which we get a brief glimpse of Thanos in Gamora's charge sheet) they are ushered into the prison.

After sending a message to all the prisoners that they are not to be fucked with (which involved Groot shoving his fingers into an inmate's notrils and making them grow), it occurs to the guardians that they will have to make a rapid escape from the facility due to every prisoner wanting a piece of the infamous mass murderer Gamora.

After Rocket details a plan to escape, Groot, due to his innocence, inadvertently starts the plan early and an all out war erupts to escape the prison. Here we see Rocket blasting the bejesus out of everything, Groot showing what a powerhouse he is, Drax getting some fabulous comedy in (who would thought), Starlord trying to buy a inmates prosthetic leg and Gamora ripping some guy's arm off. Basically what I'm saying is that the 17 minutes did a great job of highlighting each character evenly, and allowed them to revel as both individuals and as a team of ragtag misfits.

Ultimately the guardians escape and we cut to the extended trailer, which looked awesome in 3D.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

After recording a vox box, I then won free tickets to see the full release at the Melbourne Imax. Nice. Suffice to say I am proper hyped for this now. I genuinely think this will bring something different, whilst also being a slight throwback to old school scifi movies.

An absolute disgrace and pisses on my beloved Heckblazer comic. Disgusted isn't the word, lads.

Say what you like about the movie, but at least it was entertaining and tried it's best given it was under the scornful eye of Hollywood studios with a mega budget up it's hole.

Ah balls. I'm a huge Hellblazer fan, and got excited when I first saw the pitcture of the guy playing Constantine. But the trailer seemed to look a bit cheap.

I liked the movie, had they just cast Paul Bettany in it, it would have been great.

Ah balls. I'm a huge Hellblazer fan, and got excited when I first saw the pitcture of the guy playing Constantine. But the trailer seemed to look a bit cheap.

I liked the movie, had they just cast Paul Bettany in it, it would have been great.

Disappointing. I was at the exhibition on UK comic artists at the British Library today, and seeing some of the original panels of the Constantine character got me excited for a possible decent adaptation of it.

Disappointing. I was at the exhibition on UK comic artists at the British Library today, and seeing some of the original panels of the Constantine character got me excited for a possible decent adaptation of it.

I kind of liked it, though it did that irritating thing that a lot of shows are doing at the moment where they plant seeds for future storylines with about as much subtlety as a pink elephant wearing a tutu.

Things like:

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

"Haven't you heard... it's coming!"

"What's coming?!?!"

"[silence]"

"You know what you did on that night with...."

"IT WASN'T MY FAULT."

"What did he do?"

"He..."

"Silence... they're coming."

"What do they want with me?"

"I don't know. But if they're coming from hell to get you, it's gotta be good!"

Etc etc etc.

I get the whole point of a pilot is to keep the intrigue, but lately they've been so blatant, it kind of ruins it a little for me.

Oh and 'The Flash' pilot was wank too.... (though it had a decent cliff hanger) but then I hated the Arrow pilot and apparently that got better.

• 2 weeks later...

Has the internet exploded yet with fanboy hate?

I did mention this yesterday in the general movie thread, but figured it can go here too:

The Amazing Spider-Man spin-off film, Sinister Six, has been given a release date.

Columbia Pictures has announced that the movie will be released in November 2016, during San Diego's Comic-Con.

Sinister Six will focus on the six super villains from the Marvel universe and will be directed by Drew Goddard.

It has also been announced that The Amazing Spider-Man 3 will be released in 2018.

Sinister Six, which will be directed by Drew Goddard, is one of two spin-offs planned for the Spider-Man franchise.

The original Sinister Six, made up of Doctor Octopus, Electro, Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio, Sandman and Vulture, first appeared in Marvel Comics in 1964.

No date has been set for the second offshoot in development, Venom.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which was released in May, took $706m (£414m) at the box office worldwide.

Its 2012 predecessor, The Amazing Spider-Man, made $758m (£445m).

Andrew Garfield and Dane DeHaan have played Spider-Man and Green Goblin in the previous two films

It has been widely rumoured that Andrew Garfield, who played Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the first two films, will take on the role again in the third film.

There is also speculation that Dane DeHaan will carry on his role as Harry Osborn/Green Goblin.

Sony have also announced that Uncharted, an action film based on the PlayStation video game, will be released in 2016.

Marvel Comics, the studio behind Spider-Man, recently announced a new female version of Thor and that a new Captain America will be African-American.

I got to see Guardians of the Galaxy last night and it outstanding. Right up there with anything Marvel has ever done, it's just relentlessly entertaining. Once again the casting is just spot on and have great chemistry, even Big Dave pulls out a stellar performance. Go see it.

He's certainly looking the part. When it was announced he was cast, it was a case of I could buy him as Bruce Wayne, if he buffed up you've essentially got BW from The Animated Series, but not sure he'd be a convincing Batman. But I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings to it.

Is it safe to say that Batman has hijacked this Superman/Man of Steel sequal?

• Paid Members

He's certainly looking the part. When it was announced he was cast, it was a case of I could buy him as Bruce Wayne, if he buffed up you've essentially got BW from The Animated Series, but not sure he'd be a convincing Batman. But I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings to it.

Is it safe to say that Batman has hijacked this Superman/Man of Steel sequal?

I dont think supes ever stood a chance.

Everyone is waiting for batman to the smack down on him

Edited by quote the raven