Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

Even I haven't read Guardians of the Galaxy and I read at least 3 graphic novels a month. I'm intrigued by the film, I'm sure it will be great but I don't know what people are getting so excited by in the trailer, it doesn't show much (not that that's a bad thing). I think people are just excited by it because of the hype and they like the Marvel cinematic universe. I'm not keen on the use of the cheesy song, I hated it in Iron Man 3 and I'm not feeling the use of cheesy music here.

Does it even tell you what the basic storyline is? I know it gives a rundown of characters and they have been arrested, but it doesn't tell you why.

I can assume there are more in-depth trailers to come

Edited by KingOfMetal

Does it even tell you what the basic storyline is? I know it gives a rundown of characters and they have been arrested, but it doesn't tell you why.

Nope and nor should it at this time. It's introducing the characters and getting people interested in it. Still a long way to go before release. Don't want to blow your load too soon.

• Paid Members
Even I haven't read Guardians of the Galaxy and I read at least 3 graphic novels a month. I'm intrigued by the film, I'm sure it will be great but I don't know what people are getting so excited by in the trailer, it doesn't show much (not that that's a bad thing). I think people are just excited by it because of the hype and they like the Marvel cinematic universe. I'm not keen on the use of the cheesy song, I hated it in Iron Man 3 and I'm not feeling the use of cheesy music here.

No, that's why I'm surprised everyone seems to be going crazy for the trailer, unless they're just pumped for seeing John C Reilly and Peter Serafinowicz together, or blown away by the wackiness of a raccoon and tree in a team together. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to it but I'm just surprised that was the trailer everyone's going crazy for.

• Paid Members

The Ultimates universe in the comics/graphic novels is home to some of the shittest work I've ever seen from Marvel. The UU version of The Avengers, The Ultimates (I think it was the inaugural Ultimate Universe piece), has Giant Man/Hank Pym as a wife-beating coward and, worse yet, The Hulk as a mass-murdering, cannibal rapist with the brain of a hormonal teenager. It's all just a bit shite, really.

I wouldn't mind if the films were in their own worlds - but if they're basing it on the Ultimate version, I can't say I'm instilled with confidence.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

The Avengers was the best Ultimates so that's a strange one to cite, Spider-man being a 13 year old mixed race kid because Peter Parker died was far worse.

I think the age of the new casting of the Fantastic Four is a strange thing for people to whinge about, they're all approaching thirty, that's not that young, we're just getting old.

The worst thing about the new casting is Miles Teller's face, I've never seen him in anything but he looks so punchable.

MILES-TELLER.jpg

Ugh. Also Billy Elliott as The Thing is Bizarre, it's a good opportunity to cast someone fat or old or ugly who doesn't fit the superhero mould but they went with Jamie Bell which seems strange.

• Paid Members
The Avengers was the best Ultimates so that's a strange one to cite, Spider-man being a 13 year old mixed race kid because Peter Parker died was far worse.

I think the age of the new casting of the Fantastic Four is a strange thing for people to whinge about, they're all approaching thirty, that's not that young, we're just getting old.

The worst thing about the new casting is Miles Teller's face, I've never seen him in anything but he looks so punchable.

MILES-TELLER.jpg

Ugh. Also Billy Elliott as The Thing is Bizarre, it's a good opportunity to cast someone fat or old or ugly who doesn't fit the superhero mould but they went with Jamie Bell which seems strange.

He looks like a fire damaged Shia LeBeouf

Outside of the original Ultimate's books I haven't read much of the Ultimates universe but I thought they all still have a similar look to the original fantastic four (especially The Thing) unless they are gonna do a full Motion Capture / Hulk route with Bell I cant see how he can play that character. Also The Hank Pym being a wife beater comes from the original comics doesnt it?