Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members
Thanks for summarising. His post was a bit too long and complicated for me and actually contained useful and interesting information which, as I'm sure you can appreciate, I like to avoid.

:laugh:

I don't know if I mentioned it but I'm really pumped for the new Man of Steel film and it's out in 1 month today, 1 month!

Some new posters.

manofsteelpostermaytenth_big.jpeg

bkfimqgcyaalclj_large.jpeg

man_of_steel_poster_large.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Man of Steel already near profit

Seems like Man of Steel has already made back 3 quarters of it's budget a week before it's even out through product placement and stuff. I don't approve of films being made as advertisements but I guess when you're dealing with hundreds of millions of dollars that sort of thing is inevitable, nice to know it will probably be a huge success though.

Edited by Steve 'Big' Jobs

• Paid Members

Aaron Johnson (from Kick_Ass) being eyed to play Quicksilver in Avengers 2

I like the actor but I hate the character and don't really need to see him in this movie at all.

Great Shots of "The Winter Soldier" from Captain America 2, looking just like he does in the comic, I loved this Storyline and I loved the first Cap film so hopefully it will be great, apparently it will be totally different in tone from the first one, taking inspiration more from 70s political thrillers.

article-0-1A319A26000005DC-290_634x496.jpg

screen_shot_2013-06-08_at_5.11.36_pm_large.png

Beast looking slightly different on the set of the new X-Men film

hoult_article.jpg

Also Man of Steel is on track to having a $100mil opening weekend, good stuff, go and see it everybody.

• Paid Members

Going to a screening tonight, so I'll let yiz know if there's a post credits scene if nobody gets there before me.I was watching a bit of The Avengers this morning while getting ready for work, and believe me, I am a man who can suspend his disbelief and use his imagination, but amongst all the demigods, large green monster, alien invasion, Scarlett Johanssons sudden American accent and general fantastical theme, the one thing that took - and takes - me out of that movie is Hawkeye's usage of his bow and arrows. I know it's somewhat loyal to his comic incarnation, but for the love of pox, maybe once or twice would be enough to use said contraption and use some sort of souped up firearm in the meantime as for the most part it looked very awkward for him to keep reloading in the midst of an all out war. Nonsense.

Man of Steel:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I did like the film but did not like the ending. I am no Superman fan but I definitely don't think he should be killing anyone. [close spoiler]
");document.close();

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Have you seen Superman 2? [close spoiler]
");document.close();