Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Spent my evenings this week watching Agent Carter. Thought it was great, really nice eight-episode story. Enjoyed it a lot more than Agents Of SHIELD, for sure.

I liked Agent Carter, not as much as I wanted to though. I know it's really of the time but I thought it was a little drab and could've done with looking a bit more fun visually, it could've been a bit more fun in general really. I like Hayley Atwell but Peggy herself would benefit from being a bit more likeable too, her double personality of being a shit friend to her waitress mate was a low point of the show.

Apparently season 2 is moving the location to Hollywood so hopefully it will be a bit flashier.

Spent my evenings this week watching Agent Carter. Thought it was great, really nice eight-episode story. Enjoyed it a lot more than Agents Of SHIELD, for sure.

I loved it. It was really fun, and accessible I thought even for non Marvel fans.

Hayley Atwell is excellent, emotionally right when she needs to, but looks fit and deadly as well, really impressed with her. liked the relationship between her and Mr Jarvis as well. Final episode was tense as well and a few loose ends left as well.

Just finished watching Age of Ultron. That one shot where Bruce and Black Widow are slightly out of focus in the background whilst a tin of Gillette was in focus in the foreground was absolutely shameless even by modern blockbuster standards. Bruce Banner wearing Beats headphones was bad enough. 

True dat!

On the Avengers front I really want to see an Incredible Hulk tv show. I know the budget would be astronomical for a tv show but Mark Ruffalo roaming around helping small town folk out week to week would be the first super hero show to catch my interest.

• Paid Members

Ruffalo is immense isn't he? He's probably my fav thing in the first Avengers movie. I'd love to see him pop up in some of the Netflix series, just playing Banner. You don't need to see Hulk, the joy is waiting for him.

Its the old argument that anyone can play Superman, the skill is playing Clark Kent. That's what Ruffalo has done, he's made Banner into his own character, rather than the guy that stands there while you wait for the Hulk to turn up.

I really don't know how they'd do a Hulk solo movie though. I've no doubt it will eventually happen though.

• Paid Members

Ruffalo is immense isn't he? He's probably my fav thing in the first Avengers movie. I'd love to see him pop up in some of the Netflix series, just playing Banner. You don't need to see Hulk, the joy is waiting for him.

The joy of waiting only works if he comes eventually (Kenneth Williams pic etc). The Hulk is my favourite Marvel character and Ruffalo is fine but I'd have no interest in seeing him not be the hulk. I'd love to see a Hulk movie that felt really different from the others, Hulk is a weird character, you can stick him in any situation really.

• Paid Members

I have absolutely zero sources to hand, but I'm sure I heard Ruffalo was trying to get a new Columbo together. I'd be all over that. "Just one more question..."

It was just a random comment from Gary Whitta on twitter that he retweeted and it got some momentum and a bit of back and forth about it. Dark Bunny Tees actually ended up making a tshirt for comic con.

columbo-main.jpg

I think it actually started off because of a still of him in Zodiac.

Plannet hulk was proposed when hulk was supposed to be sent to space in age of ultron. As he wasnt there is no reason for him to be in space. And he was pulled from civil war to keep the mystery of where he is, so I'd not expect him until infinity war part two