Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Which is how I'd like it to go down as I really don't like Superman.

Its essentially a Batman reboot before the Justice League movie, isn't it

Not really, more like trying to do the Marvel thing of sticking everyone together, Superman will probably be just as important in the film but we all know what Henry Cavill looks like as Superman (sexy) so pictures of him aren't as exciting.

I strongly think Ben Affleck will be the best Batman so far, he looks great.

• Paid Members

Which is how I'd like it to go down as I really don't like Superman.

Its essentially a Batman reboot before the Justice League movie, isn't it

Not really, more like trying to do the Marvel thing of sticking everyone together, Superman will probably be just as important in the film but we all know what Henry Cavill looks like as Superman (sexy) so pictures of him aren't as exciting.

I strongly think Ben Affleck will be the best Batman so far, he looks great.

I got to see Guardians of the Galaxy last night and it outstanding. Right up there with anything Marvel has ever done, it's just relentlessly entertaining. Once again the casting is just spot on and have great chemistry, even Big Dave pulls out a stellar performance. Go see it.

I too got to see Guardians of the Galaxy last night and would back this up. It was such a fun film, it left me wanting more by the time the credits started to role. I will be seeing it again at the cinema for 2 reasons - 1) To enjoy it again. 2) To see the end credit scene as they omitted it from the premier screenings to save the surprise for general release

Don't usually do opening days on films, the only ones I've done are The Simpsons Movie (as I was working at a cinema the day it come out) and the new Transformers film (as I got my first proper payday from my current job), but I am definitely going to see Guardians when it comes out next Thursday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt9fxWq5qg0

Trailer for The Death of Superman Lives: what happened. The crowdfunded documentary about the Nic Cage lead superman movie that never was. Guy behind it has seemed to have got everyone important except Cage to contribute (which is a shame) but some of the new footage in there is fantastic. Still needs some funds to finish the film too.

Details here: http://www.fanbacked.com/c/death-superman-lives-what-happened-finishing-funds/

Edited by iamtheman

I'm taking a guess of it being something to do with Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Hasn't there been talk of both the avengers and the guardians together for Avengers 3?

They've announced the Guardians sequel for 2017, and I'd imagine Avengers 3 would follow the year after. With Thanos pretty much a lock as the villain for A3 I'd say it's almost a certainty that GOTG will make an appearance. Which means Big Dave has a good chance of being in the biggest box office draw 3 times in the next 5 years.

• Paid Members

Anyone see the teaser of Batman vs Superman Snyder showed yesterday? Pissed off Superman and Batman ( with whited out eyes) looks like they are really going for a dark look for the film.

Batman looks almost spot on version of "the dark knight rises" batman in that.

I take it you mean Dark Knight Returns?