Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

No it wasn't. That Guest Booker was basically Jim Cornette spending two hours (or however long it is) exposing himself as an idiot. He's a guy that has all of Russo's bad creative instincts and combines that with not being able to accept that it's not 1987. I don't know what he was playing at that day.

It was the part before he started booking the Angle that I enjoyed. The booking was not very good at all. I think if he looked back at that he would agree that it was not his finest hour. I'll take his body of work from SMW, WWE (97) and OVW as guidance for his booking acumen!

Not seen Cornette booking the Invasion but does he actually have a straight face when he's saying about Funk branding the Undertaker's arse?

Yep. The whole thing is just nonsense. He's got wrestlers who weren't active at the time (though that's a common fault with the Guest Booker series and with fantasy booking in general), he's got Dusty Rhodes vs Hulk Hogan as the main event of WrestleMania 18, he's got Ric Flair going round saying "I'll do the job, brother, but I'm gonna legit injure your workers in the process!" Cornette probably just completely lost the plot years ago.

Edited by King Pitcos

I'll agree that Cornette's Guest Booker was a car wreck, I have enjoyed his Youshoots and his Timeline though.

I do like the Guest Booker series but some of them have been awful, Robert Fullers is a good example.

Is the Terry Taylor one any good if anyone has seen it?

Not seen Cornette booking the Invasion but does he actually have a straight face when he's saying about Funk branding the Undertaker's arse?

Yep. The whole thing is just nonsense. He's got wrestlers who weren't active at the time (though that's a common fault with the Guest Booker series and with fantasy booking in general), he's got Dusty Rhodes vs Hulk Hogan as the main event of WrestleMania 18, he's got Ric Flair going round saying "I'll do the job, brother, but I'm gonna legit injure your workers in the process!" Cornette probably just completely lost the plot years ago.

Christ it sounds dreadful, Russo's sounds miles better with the bonus his booking wouldn't have absolutely killed ratings and buyrates, which is massively ironic obviously

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost done with watching Russo's WCW 2000 timeline and I have to say it's been enjoyable. It's a lot of the same stuff he's said numerous times before but he does throw some new stuff in there and lets loose a bit more than usual (as he claims this is going to be his last wrestling interview ever). Plus, I was highly amused at him being yet another guy to throw the Young Bucks under the bus.

• Paid Members
I'm almost done with watching Russo's WCW 2000 timeline and I have to say it's been enjoyable. It's a lot of the same stuff he's said numerous times before but he does throw some new stuff in there and lets loose a bit more than usual (as he claims this is going to be his last wrestling interview ever). Plus, I was highly amused at him being yet another guy to throw the Young Bucks under the bus.

Its really sad watching the trailer how Russo has absolutely no respect for the art form at all. His constant "play fighting" and "this is fake" shite was embarrassing, considering he's made a great living in it. Its stunning how this bloke was employed for so long, even though business usually died when he was in control of creative. I'm not even a Russo hater, but his excuses regarding some of his decisions in WCW and TNA are shocking.

The old RF shoot with Bill Watts is on YouTube for anyone with nothing better to do with their bank holiday. Haven't watched it yet, is it any good?

I remember liking it, but haven't seen it in a good decade. Jim Cornette used to make everyone from OVW watch it, though.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Agree with Ian's sentiments. Watched around 20 mins before Utd v Chelsea, and I've lost count how many times Russo's uttered the word 'fake'. For someone who's spent so much time with wrestlers who are banged up and injured, seems an odd viewpoint to say the least.

Yeah I just finished the Vince Russo Timeline aswell, even though it is meant to be his last shoot interview I swear I heard at one point Sean saying

"its a shame you wont do the 1998 WWE Timeline"

and Russo replied

"yeah I'll do that"

and the word fake and how many times he says "its not real" is all over the shoot, it could be made into a drinking game.