Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

Brutus's timeline was enjoyable but he does seem like hes off it. I wonder when they fill the years, if they will have others redoing the same years to see whats missing or false etc, kind of like the my side of the stories ones they did.

Watched the latest Tammy one. Was a pretty boring watch to be honest, just her talking about her woes over the last year. I don't think the Tammy Sytch story is going to have a happy ending sadly. Even at the end where she is talking about her future, I don't even think she believes herself.

Watched the latest Tammy one. Was a pretty boring watch to be honest, just her talking about her woes over the last year. I don't think the Tammy Sytch story is going to have a happy ending sadly. Even at the end where she is talking about her future, I don't even think she believes herself.

That's a real shame, I was a massive Sunny fan back in the day. Met her at a signing at the NEC a few years back and thought she was ace, hoped she'd finally beaten her demons and managed to get everything back on track.

The shoot I think I found most surprising overall is the Maria Kanellis YouShoot. I wasn't expecting much, but she comes across as a genuine fan of wrestling and you get the feeling that she wanted to change how things were for the divas but was never given the time of day.

• Paid Members

Been watching the Beefcake timeline in installments, enjoying it but i loved how that almost two hours into it they announced that Brutus suffers from memory loss and probably has a vague recollections of what they've been talking about.

Really liked cornettes you shoot! Especially when he rants on healthcare in the US!! Love listening to this guy

Any time I see Cornette mentioned I think of his infamous Dairy Queen rant. What a guy!

Looks like RF Video gave Rick Martel permission to stick his shoot on youtube:

Very interesting, was never too bothered about watching his stuff but he is an intelligent bloke, pretty vivid account on Dino Bravo. Some funny stories aswel involving Fuji.

Worth a watch.

I've heard Cornettes 2000 RF Video shoot is pretty decent, is it better than his YouShoot? I'm not a fan of Cornette but really enjoyed his YouShoot. I just really like YouShoots in general. A much better way of making a shoot interesting.

It's my favourite shoot ever. It was also (barring his SMW Fanweek stuff) his first shoot, so all his stories are fresh and new and he runs down his career from being a fan, working in Memphis as a photographer right up to the, then, present day. I like Cornette as much as most (I even sent him some DVD's a few years back of Marc Rocco, Jim Breaks and Johnny Saint), but there is only so many times you can hear the Dairy Queen story, the Kevin Dunn story (though his impression is great), ranting on Vince Russo, and all the predictable questions that are thrown at him (Batista, favourite version of the Midnights, slapping Santino in OVW etc).

Looks like RF Video gave Rick Martel permission to stick his shoot on youtube:

Very interesting, was never too bothered about watching his stuff but he is an intelligent bloke, pretty vivid account on Dino Bravo. Some funny stories aswel involving Fuji.

Worth a watch.

I enjoyed Martel's shoot. Comes across as sane (which helps me enjoy these things).

It's not an obviously funny line, but when I've seen this shoot I always laugh at his description of Tom Zenk's attitude.

I paraphrase: "we're getting the world handed to us on a plate, and this asshole's worried about his fucking jeans".

Downloaded The WWF Timeline 1980 w/ Larry Zybsko last night so that should be good to watch. I hope its the right time frame for the Shea Stadium matches.

It is. It covers the fued from the start, too. Im coming to the end of this Timeline now, and am suprised at the lack of mentions it gets in this topic. The last time I remember seeing Zbyszko was a photo from some convention where he looked like death, so my expectations were not high. However, despite clearly having some issues with his false teeth, hes still very sharp, and the whole timeline is very solid and entertaining. Worth mentioning that I havent seen his other shoots, and this one does spend a lot of time talking about the Bruno fued, so it wont be as good to someone who has already seem him talk about these events already.

Looking on the KC youtube site, and theyve got a Sullivan 96 WCW Timeline and a Luger 93 WWF Timeline, which should be fun.

Been watching the Beefcake timeline in installments, enjoying it but i loved how that almost two hours into it they announced that Brutus suffers from memory loss and probably has a vague recollections of what they've been talking about.

Ebb i though that was more of a 'Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink' kind of reply into how he got off being a federal witness in the McMahon steroid trial. Does seem a bit odd though that he was cut out and left high and dry for any royalties on his gimmick and likeness from the mid 90's onwards if he'd been loyal and not grassed on anyone. Suppose it's the old two sides to every story and you never really know who to believe a lot of the time.

• Paid Members

He signed his deals separate, so his crying about that is very misleading. Jakks and THQ sign the ones who wont do business with Vince to separate deals. Like how Hogan turned up on the All Stars game while in TNA. WWE can say "don't work with them" if they want, like they did with Savage for years. So Brutus would have got his money for the games and figures they put out of him. Initially, WWE began signing people to legends deals for their own benefit, whether its to control your bookings or own your name.

I think Vince's attitude towards Brutus is that they kept him employed as a favour for years on end that he's had his fair share. I always thought they'd have brought him back in 2002 when they seemed to be bringing everyone back. But he's persona non grata these days. Shame.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay