Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

What are they doing right that we aren't...?

Not being shit. :p

I like that we were supposed to be counter attacking tonight, even though the only numbers we were attacking in was 1. That was the most defensive performance I've ever seen from a Scotland side.

Ah well. Another campaign of shit for Scotland. Been there done that. Aussies playing tomorrow. Should be better.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

InvertedSmiley is bang on. That was an embarrassment of a game; it's not even as if the Czechs are all that good nowadays! It'd be like playing 4-6-0 against Belgium or Finland for crying out loud.

On a related note as well, as I type this Spain are only 2-1 up against Lithuania - and the latter are playing a 4-4-2! Wonder if Craig will be bringing this 'classic' back out when we play them away at the end of the campaign...

The problem is, if we get rid of Levein, who's next?

Strachan probably. :omg:

Until last night I never thought i'd ever see an uglier, more negative system than the Watenaccio. Whilst not really a supporter as such, it's always nice to see the national team doing well, but not if it's by those means. Last night was the kind of stuff that makes your nation a laughing stock. Fortunately on this occasion, football prevailed - which is not to say that the Czechs were anything special.

all that hard work by smith and eck only to be destroyed by 3 poofs and a piano

Walter Smith walked out halfway through a qualification campaign and Alex McLeish failed to qualify from a position of strength (remember that weakened team he fielded in Georgia?)

There's no doubt that we've gone backwards as a footballing nation since that European Championships qualifying campaign, but that is as much to do with the appointment of a television commentator as Chief Executive as it does the two men he put in charge of the national team.

Got absolutely no idea what your "3 poofs and a piano" reference means, by the way.

• Paid Members
all that hard work by smith and eck only to be destroyed by 3 poofs and a piano

Walter Smith walked out halfway through a qualification campaign and Alex McLeish failed to qualify from a position of strength (remember that weakened team he fielded in Georgia?)

In fairness to McLeish (and Smith too, I suppose) we failed to qualify from a group that contained both finalists of the previous World Cup and that no one really expected us to have a chance in. That campaign was supposed to be about rebuilding and trying to regain some respect post-Berti, the fact that we came as close as we did was pretty much a miracle.

There's no doubt that we've gone backwards as a footballing nation since that European Championships qualifying campaign, but that is as much to do with the appointment of a television commentator as Chief Executive as it does the two men he put in charge of the national team.

This is true. I don't dislike Gordon Smith but a guy who couldn't cope with the pressures of writing his opinions in newspaper columns should never have been made head of the SFA.

Levein's had a terrible start but he's still probably the best option we've got, largely because of the SFA's policy of treating unsuccessful applicants like shit so that they don't apply again in future.

• Paid Members
Aberdeen's Chris Maguire scores from the halfway line, straight after the other mob scored and straight from the kick-off, in the Euro U21's Play-Off defeat against Iceland last night.

A FIFA-like goal, you might say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RrFVMEqDxM

It was a cracking game, no shame in losing to a team with with 8 full internationals and a

Archived