The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

avengedmachinelogo_638.jpg

I can kind of see where Machine Head, or more specifically Rob Flynn, is coming from. Black & white colour scheme, lions with axes, roman numerals. But, if it isn't just a bit of harmless fun, Rob Flynn just needs to bite his tounge sometimes. Will never forget how much of a bellened he came accross as following the first Sonisphere when he threw a bitchfit about being billed lower than Limp Bizkit going so far as to pull out of the show...to then play it anyway as a 'suprise'

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Paid Members

I listened to the first half of it on the way to work this morning, so far so good. Sounds more like 'Vitalogy' era rather than an extension of 'Backspacer', a couple of tracks seem like they'll be growers but even on first spin a couple grabbed me immediately. The new A Day to Remember & Trivium albums have also leaked.

I listened to the first half of it on the way to work this morning, so far so good. Sounds more like 'Vitalogy' era rather than an extension of 'Backspacer', a couple of tracks seem like they'll be growers but even on first spin a couple grabbed me immediately. The new A Day to Remember & Trivium albums have also leaked.

Yeah I felt the same on the new PJ and have probably listened about the same amount, looking forward to giving the whole record a spin.

I went to see Metallica Through the Never last night which was pretty awesome. The story part was cool and worked but its mainly about seeing them play and with that cool stage set with all the props. It's sort of an evolution of the Cunning Stunts DVD. They sounded fucking awesome with that IMAX sound mix though, if you're a Metallica fan I highly recommend going to see it.

Edited by Harvey Dent

They're taking the Through The Never staging out on tour next year apparently. Not seen it yet as the closet IMAX to me is in Bradford.

Theres supposed to be some kind of Metallica announcement coming today too. Not sure what its going to be exactly as the new album is still a long way off being finished. Could be announcing another of their Orion+ Festivals or maybe some thing else entirely.

• Moderators
I went to see Metallica Through the Never last night which was pretty awesome. The story part was cool and worked but its mainly about seeing them play and with that cool stage set with all the props. It's sort of an evolution of the Cunning Stunts DVD. They sounded fucking awesome with that IMAX sound mix though, if you're a Metallica fan I highly recommend going to see it.

I fucking hate 3d. Do I have to see this in 3d if I want to watch it?