The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

There was a cracking edition of a US guitar magazine that I bought before christmas that had a joint interview with Billy Gibbons from the Top and Dan Auerbach from the Black Keys.

It was like a 12 page spread with them going back-and-forth on the blues, rock n' roll, guitars and so on.

You got a code inside to watch an accompaniment piece online which was the them just jamming in Dan's house.

It was fucking incredible.

This is all.

Anyone on here a fan of Exhumed? I only discovered them recently, but can't stop listening to them at the minute. I love the sheer relentless brutality in the music, it really does sound violent (if that makes sense?) I love the combination of the deep, growling vocals alongside the higher pitched shrieking styled ones. The frantic speed of it all and occasional blast beating sections really make Exhumed a high energy, almost manic listen. I can't believe I haven't been listening to them for longer!

No doubt most of you will already know these lot, but for anyone as unfortunate as me not to have heard them before, here's a couple of tracks to give you a taster as to the utter brutality of this band. I haven't been so blown away by aggression since I discovered Napalm Death many years ago!

Exhumed

Edited by Richie Freebird

Yeah, Neurotic looks fucking mega, well worth a punt.

Exhumed are brilliant. I'm a Carcass obsessive so I'm hugely into all those clone bands like Exhumed, General Surgery, Impaled, Haemorrhage and County Medical Examiners. Exhumed are probably the best of the lot. I went to the Death tribute show when it was in Florida with Matt Harvey on vocals and he was amazing! Their new album was really, but Anatomy Is Destiny is probably my favourite.

Also Richie, you need to listen to the last 3/4 Darkthrone albums, they are just hugely entertaining and probably the best they've done bar Soulside Journey.

Yeah, this is really close to my house so every year I'm tempted to go, but I can't help think that a Black Flag reunion show would be more cringe than anything else. The descendents were ruined for me last year with that shocker of a London show (and the make-up show a few months later wasn't brilliant, IMO), and I really don't want Black Flag tainted for me the same way.

• Paid Members

ive never been a big Black Flag fan but as for Hevy, it's a festival that im tempted to try out, the lineup is getting better every year. I don't think it'll be this year as im planning on doing Download and Bloodstock but next year i might give it a go.

Anyone been?

Edited by Ebb

Not been, but as it's so close I know loads of people that have, in fact the fella that runs it drinks in my local occasionally. Line-up wise they do really well, and I always hear good stuff about it. It's a really young crowd it seems, which as a grumpy old cunt puts me right off.

• Paid Members
The new Biffy album is a thing of beauty. Favourite track so far is Skylight.

i gave Disk 1 a few spins yesterday, it's sounding tremendous. It doesn't sound like too much of a progression from Only Revolutions (which is an album that took me a long time to get into), but it's hooked me in straight away. It's a great album in it's own right, if Disk 2 is as good it could be one of the albums of the year.