Paid Members Egg Shen Posted Tuesday at 04:58 AM Author Paid Members Posted Tuesday at 04:58 AM Booking seems ambitious, especially at £160 a standing ticket, but watch thing go sell out in a few hours. This whole ticketing situation is out of control. Quote
deathrey Posted Tuesday at 08:40 AM Posted Tuesday at 08:40 AM 16 hours ago, Egg Shen said: If that was an arena show i'd be interested, dont think I need a Slipknot stadiun show in my life though. Doesn't the stadium have notoriously bad sound? I was at a concert there a couple of weeks ago, I was in the stands and the sound was fine. I've seen the same artist in arena's many times and the sound wasn't as good as it was in arenas. That said, the online consensus afterwards was that the sound in the stands was fine but the sound for those standing was awful - the standing tickets were between £200 and £1k so those fans were understandably very unhappy. So disappointed that Slipknot have chosen Marilyn Manson to support. Quote
Paid Members Monkee Posted Wednesday at 09:14 PM Paid Members Posted Wednesday at 09:14 PM The sound in Wembley for Linkin Park and Spiritbox last year was awful. I was standing and was close to the front and the side. But then I saw Oasis (Cast and Richard Ashcroft) a month later and the sound was incredible from the back of the standing section. I sometimes think it’s a band’s specific set-up rather than the venue. I’ve seen Slipknot a couple of times but I’m not a big enough fan to pay through the nose. I also wouldn’t buy a ticket to this tour because of Marilyn Manson. However, my friend’s already said she’ll put me on the guest list so I’ll see closer to the time. It’s peak gig/festival season so if something else comes up then I’ll decide then. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted Thursday at 04:56 PM Members Posted Thursday at 04:56 PM Enter Shikari are calling it a day at the end of next year, which is gutting. Exit Shikari? A band that has meant a lot to me and my family over the years. I've seen them in front of 20 odd people at the start, to festivals, to tiny thank you shows, acoustic sets, met them at signings, and taken our children to see them as well, who both love them. Me and my ex must've seen them together well over 20 times. I once went to see them at Ally Pally, my ex lost her ticket on the way, she was in tears, and someone in the queue overheard us and gave us his spare. A proper community of fans. One of my favourite ever memories of them was seeing them at Reading in 2007 just after Take To The Skies had come out, taking a mate in to the tent who was more into indie, he lasted 20 seconds of the heaving mosh pit before telling me he couldn't handle it and went back to our tent. I can still picture his face of fear as he got swallowed up in the crowd. Makes me laugh every time. Here is a very awkward me meeting them, looking like a member of the band 😆 Will miss them and hope they all enjoy their "retirement" Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted Thursday at 05:39 PM Paid Members Posted Thursday at 05:39 PM Is that time they played at McCluskies nightclub @SuperBacon? I always remember them doing Banquet and then playing at one of the worst clubs in Kingston Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted Thursday at 06:30 PM Members Posted Thursday at 06:30 PM 46 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: Is that time they played at McCluskies nightclub @SuperBacon? I always remember them doing Banquet and then playing at one of the worst clubs in Kingston I've never seen them at McCluskys, but I've seen them at The Hippodrome aka The Works aka Volts, The Rose Theatre and Pryzm formerly Oceana, which I think may even be called something different these days! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.