The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

I've managed, well hoping to have secured some tickets for Jamie T in Southampton on Halloween. Bought one of some guy on twitter who responded to a previous tweet of mine. Paid by paypal so hoping if it all goes to shit I'll have my arse covered either way. Seen him at Reading and Jamie was great so didn't wanna miss out. Here's hoping tickets are legit!

Nabbed some Royal Blood tickets for Newport next year, probably the hottest band in the country at the moment, in arguably my favorite venue too.

They were quality at Leeds. Highly recommend them.

I was supposed to see them at The Pixies gig in Manchester. However I got stuck in gridlock traffic on the M56 for over an hour and a half. Sadly I missed them that time. Got there in time for Maximo Park supporting them who are by far the worst band I've had the displeasure of seeing live.

Luckily I got to see them the following month at Leeds.

Nabbed some Royal Blood tickets for Newport next year, probably the hottest band in the country at the moment, in arguably my favorite venue too.

Great live show, caught them at Glastonbury and again supporting the Pixies at a great outdoor show in Manchester. The Manchester show had the added bonus of running in to Ben from RB. Great guy, who was more than happy to have a good natter.

Great live show, caught them at Glastonbury and again supporting the Pixies at a great outdoor show in Manchester. The Manchester show had the added bonus of running in to Ben from RB. Great guy, who was more than happy to have a good natter.

What did you think of Maximo Park? I thought they were shocking and seemed like the front man was apologizing for being a massive stink with the crowd. 

What did you think of Maximo Park? I thought they were shocking and seemed like the front man was apologizing for being a massive stink with the crowd. 

They were utter shite to be brutally honest. Everyone i spoke to on the day while they were on felt the same. Having them sandwiched between the biggest up and coming UK rock act of they year and legends like Pixies was shocking booking. They just didn't belong on that show at all. I get that they have a level of popularity, but it's not with that crowd. Was painful to watch. It was actually during their set that i was nattering to Ben from RB, so you can tell how much they were holding my attention lol.

Yeah I'm doing Damnation again this year. Got a horrible feeling that Bolt Thrower and Cannibal Corpse are clashing.

Get there early and catch Obsidian Kingdom, they are fucking spectacular. Debut album is about to be reissued by Seasons Of Mist, and it glorious from start to finish

I'm going to check them out as otherwise there's nobody I want to see til Black Moth at 3.

The clash between Fen and Bolt Thrower is a bitch, but aside from that it's probably the best organised Damnation yet!

They were utter shite to be brutally honest. Everyone i spoke to on the day while they were on felt the same. Having them sandwiched between the biggest up and coming UK rock act of they year and legends like Pixies was shocking booking. They just didn't belong on that show at all. I get that they have a level of popularity, but it's not with that crowd. Was painful to watch. It was actually during their set that i was nattering to Ben from RB, so you can tell how much they were holding my attention lol.

Are they one of those bands that can't get anywhere near the level of what you hear on the album? I bought "The national health" recently and it's fairly enjoyable. They seem a bit out of place on a Metal/Punk/Rock thread mind, they're about as indie as they come.