The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Anyone hear seen any good one off guest slot stuff?

Off the top of my head i've been lucky enough to be at all of the following. But not all metal lol..

Dolly Parton w/ Richie Sambora @ Glastonbury

Seasick Steve w/ John Paul Jones @ Glastonbury

Eminem w/ Dido @ Leeds Festival

Saxon w/ Dave Mustaine @ Bloodstock

Gojira w/ Randy Blythe @ Bloodstock

Steel Panther w/ Corey Taylor @ Download

Alter Bridge w/ Lzzy Hale @ Manchester Arena

Frank Turner w/ Billy Bragg @ Wembley Arena

Paul Di'anno w/ Blaze Bayley @ Hard Rock Hell

Black Star Riders w/ Phil Campbell @ Hard Rock Hell

The identity of Joey Jordison’s replacement in Slipknot may have been revealed through the tweet of an angry ex-bandmate.

It’s been speculated for some time that Jay Weinberg, son of Bruce Springsteen’s sticksman Max, is the man behind the kit for upcoming album 5. The Gray Chapter.

That hasn’t been confirmed by the band – but a tweet by Weinberg’s former colleague Laura Jane Grace seems to support the rumours.

Weinberg, 24, was a member of Grace’s band Against Me! for two years until December 2012, after a stint with Madball. Grace tweeted today: “Dear Slipknot, good luck with that. #shitbag.”

She’d previously said she had no idea how or why Weinberg quit her outfit, saying: “I woke up one morning and read on Twitter that he was leaving. I have never talked to him since."

Slipknot’s new drummer and bassist both sport the same masks in the band’s latest incarnation, showcased in the video for lead single The Devil In I. Frontman Corey Taylor last month insisted the new members’ identities would be kept a secret until the band wanted to reveal them, saying: “Trust me – when the time is right we'll give you the answers you need. That's the way it is."

Earlier this week speculation rose that the late Paul Gray’s replacement is Alessandro Venturella, after tattoos on his hand were identified in The Devil In I video. 5.

• Paid Members

Anyone hear seen any good one off guest slot stuff?

Off the top of my head i've been lucky enough to be at all of the following. But not all metal lol..

Dolly Parton w/ Richie Sambora @ Glastonbury

Seasick Steve w/ John Paul Jones @ Glastonbury

Eminem w/ Dido @ Leeds Festival

Saxon w/ Dave Mustaine @ Bloodstock

Gojira w/ Randy Blythe @ Bloodstock

Steel Panther w/ Corey Taylor @ Download

Alter Bridge w/ Lzzy Hale @ Manchester Arena

Frank Turner w/ Billy Bragg @ Wembley Arena

Paul Di'anno w/ Blaze Bayley @ Hard Rock Hell

Black Star Riders w/ Phil Campbell @ Hard Rock Hell

yeh festival's are the main place where these kinds of things go down.

Another very cool thing i witnessed was on the Crowbar/Will Haven tour a few years back, Will Haven's vocalist Grady Avanell dropped off the tour due to an accident involving his wife, but the band played on and had various people fill in for certain songs, the guitarist from Skindred had a go, a couple of local hardcore singers and even Kirk from Crowbar who quite clearly had no idea what he was meant to be singing. In Scotland, Simon Neil from Biffy Clyro filled, bet that was classic.

here's Neil performing with Will Haven (who fucking rule)

2851484129_18a6822a40_z.jpg

• Paid Members

Manic St Preachers will play 'The Holy Bible' in its entirety on a short tour this Dec

Glasgow Barras - 08/12
Manchester Albert Hall - 10/12 & 11/12
Dublin Olympia Tgeatre - 13/12
London Roundhouse - 15/12 & 16/12 & 17/12

Not really one for me but for fans this could be pretty special

• Paid Members

Yo,

Sorry if this should be in the classifieds section but I'll put this in here because I think there may be more interest from this thread. Feel free to delete this post if need be.

SLASH TICKETS FOR SALE.

MANCHESTER 28/11/2014 - http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/1-x-slash-ticket-for-sale-manchester-phones4u-arena-281114-standing/1082108946

LEEDS 29/11/2014 - http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/1-x-slash-ticket-for-sale-leeds-first-direct-arena-291114-standing/1082109714

BOTH STANDING TICKETS.

PRICE I'M LOOKING FOR IS £45 EACH. THIS PRICE INCLUDES SPECIAL DELIVERY POSTAGE.

• Paid Members

yeh man, it's a really good show. Basically Andy burning through 90 mins of Therapy? tunes, proper intimate little venues though with Andy telling stories between songs and whatnot, quality night out.

What a night it was. Hearing Evil Elvis and Potato Junkie acoustically was amazing.

Andy was an absolute gent at the end too - despite me behaving like I was a teenage girl meeting Olly Murs. :blush: