The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Still reckon it'll happen. How many public denials & statements of disinterest did the Stone Roses make before they got on the gravy train? I might be being overly cynical but I reckon Vinnie will cave when the right offer comes in. Either that or Phil & Rex will just do it without him & take the cash themselves.

Alter Bridge have announced their delayed 10th anniversary boxset is ready to ship.

The delayed Alter Bridge X package – originally scheduled for a spring release – is finally complete and orders are being sent out, according to a video released by the band.

Alter Bridge took pre-orders on the limited edition package, which includes personalised engraving, a coffee table book, 16 DVDs or Blu-rays, seven CDs and four vinyl records.

The set was limited to 3000 worldwide and there are still some available via the band's website.

Alter Bridge hit the road with a 13-date US tour starting on October 4.

Alter Bridge X boxset

DVDs and Blu-Ray Discs:

Live From Amsterdam Concert & Documentary

Live From Amsterdam Concert & Documentary Blu-Ray

Live From Wembley Concert

Live From Wembley Documentary- ‘The Road To Wembley’

Live From Wembley Concert Blu-Ray

Webisodes 2009-2013

Interviews with Myles Kennedy and Scott Phillips

Interviews with Mark Tremonti and Brian Marshall

Download Festival 2005 & 2011

Pinkpop Festival 2011

One By One Documentary (from AB 3.5)

Inside The Fortress Documentary

Fortress Tour 2013 Webisodes

Greenfield Festival 2005

Music Videos 2004-2013

European Fortress Tour 2013 ‘Bonus Content’

CDs:

Live From Wembley

One Day Remains

Live From Amsterdam

Blackbird

AB 3

AB 3.5

Fortress

Vinyl:

Amsterdam 1

Amsterdam 2

Wembley 1

Wembley 2

Well i seemingly have my refund from Alt-Fest coming any time now, according to the letter i got from the bank today. Was the only way to get it due to the ticket agent shutting shop and running off to Spain. I've also pissed off some chick called Gothinisity on the 'Alt-Fest - Where's our money?' group on Facebook.. Mainly because she lacks a sense of humour and is some what of a hypocrite. And to top it all off, Jennifer Lawrence has been reveales as a saucy little minx who likes posing for pics in little or no clothing.. All in all it's been a good day.

Edited by truthofsin

• Paid Members

any album recommendations? i was gonna start a new thread, but as we already had this thread and seeings as everyone has Spotify these days, it's never been easier to check out albums and whatnot, so lets have some in here!

this came out yesterday:

Lonely%20the%20Brace%20-%20The%20Day%27s

saw the band earlier in the year support Therapy? and they genuinely blew me away, i've been looking forward to the album ever since, my pre-order came through on Saturday and it's exceeded expectations. This is my album of the year by far, just outstanding tunes, i get goosebumps listening to this shit. Radio 1 is all over them as well so they genuinely look like they may be on the verge of big things. I've picked up tickets to see them at a tiny venue in Cardiff in October so that could be the last chance to see them in venue like that.

Get on Spotify, buy it, whatever, just give it a whirl...

• Paid Members

Alter Bridge have announced their delayed 10th anniversary boxset is ready to ship.

The delayed Alter Bridge X package – originally scheduled for a spring release – is finally complete and orders are being sent out, according to a video released by the band.

Alter Bridge took pre-orders on the limited edition package, which includes personalised engraving, a coffee table book, 16 DVDs or Blu-rays, seven CDs and four vinyl records.

The set was limited to 3000 worldwide and there are still some available via the band's website.

Alter Bridge hit the road with a 13-date US tour starting on October 4.

Alter Bridge X boxset

CONTENTS

hell of a set, fair play. Bet it'll cost a few quid though.

This set has been a complete farce. It was supposed to ship on 6th January. Yep, 9 months ago!

They've chopped and changed the contents on the box since then. This also has minimal input for the band and is a project that a company called "DC3 / The City Drive Enterainment" bought the rights to.

Dan Catullo (MD of said company) has been a complete pain in the arse. Not keeping people updated. Flat out lying and bitching and moaning about people wanting information regarding a set they've paid £170 for and not received 9 months after initial release date.

He promised that the Live In Wembley 3D concert would be in there. They took it out to make way for other "content". People weren't happy about that so they said they would ship the Wembley 3D concert "free of charge" to people who have the box set. It's now been revealed by an ex employee that it looks as if this will never be released.

3D Wembley will never see the light of day. Most of the 3D stereography isn't done, and it will cost $75,000 at a minimum just to finish the film, let alone the cost of authoring the 3D blurays. It's just not going to ever happen. Has nothing to do with a distributor.

ihc8XqX7cWOlN.png

Say's it all when you have band members annoyed by the whole process. I'd advise everyone to give it a miss. I'd hate for DC3 to get any sum of money from this project and I hope AB management never do business with this company again.

Oh this is also the same company that gave out a release date for the Live In Milan DVD, the release date come and went. People enquired, he then said that the release date was about it being shown on TV and that there would be a 6 month exclusivity deal with the TV company before it was released on DVD/Blu Ray.

Nothing has come of that either. He blames it on the band not approving the sound. The same reason he's trying to give for the Wembley 3D delay.

Sorry for my rambling. I'll be surprised if you can make any sense of it.  :laugh: But this has been a 9 month long saga and his customer services has been shocking! That's not all the gripes either!  :blink:

Edited by Bettencourt

Sorry for my rambling. I'll be surprised if you can make any sense of it.  :laugh: But this has been a 9 month long saga and his customer services has been shocking! That's not all the gripes either!  :blink:

Sounds like it's being run by Dumb and Messy of Alt-Farce fame lol.. Seemingly not the year for us alternative types..

• Paid Members

Sounds like it's being run by Dumb and Messy of Alt-Farce fame lol.. Seemingly not the year for us alternative types..

You knew it was going to be a shambles when DCIII put up a countdown on the AB X website for pre-order details which then counted down to nothing due to him not having the rights yet...  :bored:

• Paid Members

ohh nice fucking shout!

i gotta wait till i get home to hear it though, that thing deserves to go on through the headphones.

i never thought i'd see the day where id hear a new Kerdog tune. I still remember where i was when i read they'd initially split up, devastated.

• Paid Members

That Kerbdog tune is so good. I didn’t even know they were working on new stuff. They’re playing at the Manc Ritz soon with Nine Black Alps, The guy from Reuben & others. I can’t go & am absolutely gutted, it’s on a Saturday & starts early. Would be a perfect all dayer.