The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

16, I'm not much a black metal fan so I was quite happy about that.

As for Rob Flynn's incessant bitching, he can fucking do one. He's a thrash metal Axl Rose. He has no original band mates and is content on shitting on everyone else because he cant re-create his Appetite For Destruction (Burn My Eyes).

* Every Time I Die have been added to the A Day To Remember tour. Dates are as follows:

Sat February 8th 2014 - CARDIFF Motorpoint Arena Cardiff

Mon February 10th 2014 - GLASGOW O2 Academy Glasgow

Wed February 12th 2014 - LONDON Alexandra Palace

Fri February 14th 2014 - BIRMINGHAM O2 Academy Birmingham

Sat February 15th 2014 - MANCHESTER O2 Apollo Manchester

* Saxon, Decapitated and Flotsam & Jetsam have been added to Bloodstock 2014

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Paid Members
As for Rob Flynn's incessant bitching, he can fucking do one. He's a thrash metal Axl Rose. He has no original band mates and is content on shitting on everyone else because he cant re-create his Appetite For Destruction (Burn My Eyes).

WTF?!? You think 'Burn My Eyes' was better than 'The Blackening'? Mental.

WTF?!? You think 'Burn My Eyes' was better than 'The Blackening'? Mental.

I do think Burn My Eyes was better than The Blackening, The Blackening is a product of getting on board with what's popular with Metal (the traditional sound) in the same way they did with The Burning Red and Supercharger when Nu-Metal was popular.

I think that Burn My Eyes was an honest attempt at making the best album they could rather than making an album that 'people will like'. I always feel with Machine Head that they always want to be relevant rather than the best. Now Rob Flynn has taken to becoming a Web Warrior bitching on everyone like he's the fucking Metal Police. I think he should re-watch the From This Day video, remember that that track suit is still out there somewhere and get off his fucking box.

• Paid Members

I saw it more that when Phil Demmel joined they went in a more guitar led direction & away from what their then record company wanted (their nu-metal era). They started this with 'Through The Ashes of Empires' but really came into their own with 'The Blackening'. When they released it what was popular in metal was metalcore (Trivium released The Crusade around then & Killswitch released As Daylight Dies) or radio friendly stuff like Avenged Sevenfold & Disturbed. FFDP also released their first album around then which got good radio in the US. 'The Blackening' fell into neither category imo, it's full of long songs that don't work for radio & doesn't contain any of the beatdowns/catchy choruses that bands of their ilk were doing at the time.

I see your point about them wanting to remain relevant, but 'The Burning Red' was a case of Machine Head bowing to label pressure at the time. The early 00's, Roadrunner were trying to compete with the nu-metal bands on the majors and were never going to win (Fred Durst showing up on Soulfly's 'Primative', Cypress Hill guesting on Fear Factory's 'Digimortal', anyone remember Dislocated Styles? No, didn't think so). If Rob didn't put his tracksuit on, he wouldn't have an outlet to put his album out

Edited by KingOfMetal

Also want to give praise to the new Korn album, best stuff they've done in years. I've had it on repeat for about 2 weeks now and I'm not bored yet.

It's amazing actually just how big bands like Korn were at the end of the 90's and yet most people I've been telling about the new album seem to think they split years ago, I got the same reaction when I was telling people about Limp Bizkits latest single.

Also want to give praise to the new Korn album, best stuff they've done in years. I've had it on repeat for about 2 weeks now and I'm not bored yet.

It's amazing actually just how big bands like Korn were at the end of the 90's and yet most people I've been telling about the new album seem to think they split years ago, I got the same reaction when I was telling people about Limp Bizkits latest single.

Is it really? Might have to give it a listen, I thought the single was horrible though.

I saw Volbeat tonight and they were fantastic as usual. First time I've seen them with Rob Caggiano in the band and he fits so well. He's such a smooth lead player and he complements them really well. Looking forward to seeing them again on Saturday and next week.

Got the new Pearl Jam record too and I'm enjoying it. An almost Beatles-esque vibe on them. Completely different from Backspacer, but not in a bad way. I'd imagine Getaway would be a great live song, fingers crossed for a tour announcement for sometime soon.