The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

That festival is tempting, just a shame that it's such a trek away.

Is anyone seeing Mainliner on their first ever UK tour? Bloody good japanese noisey psychedelic rock led by Kawabata of Acid Mothers Temple (who are also playing here soon).

I AM! They're playing the 13th Note up here in a couple of weeks, with support from Los Tentakills who are always a riot. Also, looking forward to AMT myself.

I like the BT logo, it's not really high art, but it does the job that it needs to do.

I like the BT logo, it's not really high art, but it does the job that it needs to do.

I just think, again, like the scribbly black metal logos, that the look of this one sums up the sound brilliantly. In fact, some of the album sleeves (War Master and Realm of Chaos in particular) represent my favourite ever heavy metal album cover artworks.

A lot of the lyrics and themes obviously pertain to war, devastation, destruction and the extinction of mankind, so during the period of Games Workshop artists teaming up with the band to provide the cover artwork and logo, I thought it was pretty much a match made in heaven (or hell, as the case may be). Growing up as a fan of the Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 models, magazines and artwork of the early / mid 90