The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Been listening to this on Spotify this morning

Rob Flynn's "Metal Sucks" Playlist:

http://open.spotify.com/user/machineheadof...Mbnfqf2td8bbi7K

Some of it is comical, some of it, I actually like.

Got Mercyful Fate playing again as I type.

Edited by eugenespeed

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone purchased the new version of Iron Maiden's "Maiden England" yet?

I've just finished watching it and I'd forgotten how good it was.

Aye, I got it from Amazon on tuesday. Cracking dvd, love the style of camerawork too...gives it a nice raw feel. Only thing i was slightly disappointed about was the History...Part 3 only being 40 mins long....Would have been better to have a longer doc, rather than having to wait for another dvd....with having just about all the back catalogue of dvd's and cd's there is very little new material out there for me to buy...Probably still will though! :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

their kind of back together. They reformed for a couple of shows then did a pledge music campaign to fund a new album. I don't think they plan on hitting the road for long amounts of time, just pick and chosing odd shows and whatever.

The album sounds great, it's definitely more melodic than the older stuff, there's some older sound ET9 stuff in there but the Tool-isms they added towards the end of their original run are all but gone. Some of it sounds more like The Blueprint than Earthtone9 (Karl Middleton's other band), still there's some banging tunes on here. Middleton himself sounds better than he ever has.

Chi from Deftones is dead, too.

Sad news.

Music, and creating music, is a huge part of who I am and whilst I'd come to really dislike them, Deftones were a huge part of turning me on to guitar music. Passenger, still, is a wonderful song too.

• Paid Members
Chi from Deftones is dead, too.

Sad news.

Music, and creating music, is a huge part of who I am and whilst I'd come to really dislike them, Deftones were a huge part of turning me on to guitar music. Passenger, still, is a wonderful song too.

very sad :( i think it was inevitable though. For a long time after the accident i assumed he'd recover and end up back in the band, it wasn't until i went on the website set up to support him that i realised that it was not good.

RIP.