DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Saw Knight And Day last night. It's forgettable fun fluff and I can't quite understand the overly negative reviews it's getting. Cruise is great (as always, fuck you haters) and overall I enjoyed it much more than Inception.

Do you reckon that the hate Cruise in his films gets these days is less to do with the actual films and more to do with his connection with Scientology seeping through? Regardless of the fuckwitted opinions that he has put out there through his associations with that lot, I think he's shown he can laugh at himself and I reckon he should do more comedy.

Saw Knight And Day last night. It's forgettable fun fluff and I can't quite understand the overly negative reviews it's getting. Cruise is great (as always, fuck you haters) and overall I enjoyed it much more than Inception.

Do you reckon that the hate Cruise in his films gets these days is less to do with the actual films and more to do with his connection with Scientology seeping through? Regardless of the fuckwitted opinions that he has put out there through his associations with that lot, I think he's shown he can laugh at himself and I reckon he should do more comedy.

I just hate his one standard expression, stock smile and that he has a punchable face. Got fuck all to do with religion

• Moderators

I don't buy that at all. His supposed laughing at himself always comes across with the contrived sincerity of a politician having a photo-op kickabout with some lads, or reeling off some shit one liner written by a speech writer. The Les Grossman stuff was/is incredibly cynical, and fuck-awful. You can virtually see the meetings he had beforehand about how best to show the world that he doesn't take himself too seriously. "Hey, I could ugly it up too!"

It's been impossible to take him seriously after those leaked Scientology videos from a few years back, and there's not an ounce of his public persona that isn't stage-managed down to the smallest little twitch.

Edited by Woyzeck

• Moderators
I only really care about his acting, which I enjoy very much. People seemed to turn a blind eye to Michael Jackson molesting children but Tom Cruise jumping up and down on Oprah's couch is an unforgivable sin.

For me, his earlier stuff isn't so tinged with his insanity, but anything in the last few years feels like the projects of a man/team deliberately choosing them for their PR rebuilding potential. Hey look, he's really acting, like maybe we'd forgotten he could, and about history, which is weighty and important, plus we've photoshopped these pictures to make it look as though he really, really looked like von Stauffenberg even though he didn't. Tee hee, look at him in a bald wig and fat hands dancing about and saying funny swear words. See, Tom doesn't take himself too seriously! Look, he can still do the action, he's still a leading man, although you'll note that he's still definitely not taking himself too seriously!

Just got back from a preview screening of The Expendables and thought it was pretty fucking cool. First things first, it is NOT the be all, end all action movie many thought it would be, there just seems to be something missing I couldn't quite put my finger on. But what it is is great nonsensical fun that is a real throw back to the classic 80's action flicks that many of us grew up with. There's a rough storyline in place, but thats hardly what you're paying to see and theres knife throwing, bullet spraying and big explosions in plentiful doses. Definately worth checking out, just don't expect it to be the greatest thing you've ever seen.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

the scene with Sly, Arnie and Bruce in the church had me giggling like a school girl, that was just brilliant

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Harvey Dent

I only really care about his acting, which I enjoy very much. People seemed to turn a blind eye to Michael Jackson molesting children but Tom Cruise jumping up and down on Oprah's couch is an unforgivable sin.

For me, his earlier stuff isn't so tinged with his insanity, but anything in the last few years feels like the projects of a man/team deliberately choosing them for their PR rebuilding potential. Hey look, he's really acting, like maybe we'd forgotten he could, and about history, which is weighty and important, plus we've photoshopped these pictures to make it look as though he really, really looked like von Stauffenberg even though he didn't. Tee hee, look at him in a bald wig and fat hands dancing about and saying funny swear words. See, Tom doesn't take himself too seriously! Look, he can still do the action, he's still a leading man, although you'll note that he's still definitely not taking himself too seriously!

You on the other hand...

• Moderators

You on the other hand...

Whatnow?

You seem to be taking Tom Cruise awful seriously. Or yourself. Or both. Lighten up man, he's hardly Peter Kay now is he?

Yeah, those two posts I made with opinions on a forum were way over the top.

You seem to be on the rag lately. Everything alright?

• Moderators
You seem to be taking Tom Cruise awful seriously. Or yourself. Or both. Lighten up man, he's hardly Peter Kay now is he?

Yeah, those two posts I made with opinions on a forum were way over the top.

You seem to be on the rag lately. Everything alright?

This is a...confusing derailment :confused:

Man who is passionate about movies shows a bit of passion in the movie thread shocker.

Edited by Woyzeck

• Paid Members

I just watched The Red Baron which is a recent German film about the legendary WWI flying ace, I was enjoying it greatly until SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

the end where they didn't show how he died, what the fuck? this is a movie about a historical figure, show the end for fuck's sake! They even showed people at his grave after he died, it really annoyed me, actually it made me furious.