DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Awards Moderator

My mate has lent me The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo which I was planning on watching this evening, however I don't feel I'm in a position to watch it just yet. Could someone please point me the direction of where I can get a copy of The Girl with the Newt Tattoo, The Girl with the Chameleon Tattoo and The Girl with the Crocodile Tattoo? Thanks a lot.

• Paid Members

Was hoping that Dark Shadows would cheer me up after seeing Bolton relegated. I laughed more during the Dictator trailer. Its entertaining enough and very stylish in the way only Tim Burton can. I found there to be just way too much overacting and not enough laughs.

• Paid Members

Just re-watched Candyman and its still a great film, hasn't dated at all (apart from his Pat Butcher coat) One of the best horror films of the 90s which sadly isnt saying much because it was a terrible decade for horror

• Paid Members

I watched The Dead Zone the other day. It was good. It's almost like a made for TV low budget crappy Twilight Zone-esque movie you've seen a million times but it has Christopher Walken as the star which instantly raises it's quality by about 75% and it also has Martin Sheen hamming it up like crazy which raises it the other 25%.

• Paid Members

I watched The Dead Zone the other day. It was good. It's almost like a made for TV low budget crappy Twilight Zone-esque movie you've seen a million times but it has Christopher Walken as the star which instantly raises it's quality by about 75% and it also has Martin Sheen hamming it up like crazy which raises it the other 25%.

The scissor suicide scene fucked me right up the first time i saw it and I have no idea why

• Paid Members

One of all-time great Walken line readings is in that movie.The ice...is gonna BREAK!

:laugh: He did a parody on SNL years ago where he could only predict mundane events. 'Your coffee.....its TOO HOT' Gotta love Walken

• Paid Members

Watched David Lynch's Eraserhead last night.

..what the fuck!? Just...what the fuck!? It's the weirdest and creepiest film I've ever seen. I wasn't really clued up on Lynch beforehand so didn't know what to expect, I'd just heard it was a cult classic. After watching it, I don't really have any opinion on it because I don't know what Lynch was trying to achieve with it. Oddly though, I now want to see more of his stuff, out of curiosity more than anything else. Can anyone here recommend any other Lynch-directed films?

Edited by Foale

• Paid Members

Watched David Lynch's Eraserhead last night. ..what the fuck!? Just...what the fuck!? It's the weirdest and creepiest film I've ever seen. I wasn't really clued up on Lynch beforehand so didn't know what to expect, I'd just heard it was a cult classic. After watching it, I don't really have any opinion on it because I don't know what Lynch was trying to achieve with it. Oddly though, I now want to see more of his stuff, out of curiosity more than anything else. Can anyone here recommend any other Lynch-directed films?

If you want mental Lynch then check out Lost Highway or Mulholland Drive. Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart are less mental but far better films (Blue Velvet probably being his best) If you wanna see what he can do when hes working on a more refined studio pic check out the Elephant Man which is beautifully shot and probably his most accessible film