DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Best bit of Date Night is the car/taxi bit with Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm, rest of the movie was just there, ok but nowt special.

For me, James Franco and Mila Kunis absolutely steal that movie with their one scene.

I watched Steal (Riders outside the UK) over the Bank Holiday weekend. A 2002 film Starring Stephen Dorff, Natasha Henstridge, Bruce Payne and a glorious Steven Berkoff as a role which can only be described as a Bible Preaching Elvis cum Troubleshooter for the criminal/ Mob fraternity, hamming up it up like a mofo.

The film itself cashes in on The original Fast and Furious and XXX and that ilk. Made on a zero budget in Canada and with some fucking awful CGI it isnt actually a bad action movie. The best thing really is Steven Berkoff and some of the Non CGI stunts which are stunning to be frank, all for a budget of 15 mill and the director of Taxi

• Paid Members
Hot Rod is the best comedy of recent years. I watch it about once a month and it never gets boring.

QFT. I remember it getting panned for some reason when it was released but it really is great. Quite possibly my favourite start to a film.

• Paid Members

Saw Rango this weekend. I remember it got average reviews when it came out which put me off a little but my girlfirend & I both absolutely loved it. Given the target audience being young children I can see why it was maybe deemed unfit for purpose. It's very dark & the script doesn't pander to younger kids at all. It's very 'wordy' & there are long scene's without much in the way of action. The animation is superb & Johnny Depp is great as the titular hero.

The first is one of the most quotable comedies in recent memory,

Just proves that the post I got banned for calling you a boring cunt is fucking true, the thought of you and your mong mates quoting lines from The Hangover sickens me to the pit of my fat stomach. You lot must be so hilarious on a night out oops sorry night in playing Playstaion listening to Metallica.

• Paid Members
Stepbrothers is the best comedy from the past few years I reckon, I really like The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard too but I think I may be the only one.

Step Brothers is class. If we're talking about quotable comedies from the last few years then that's up there.

Role Models is better that Step Brothers. I am masively gay for Seann William Scott though.

The first is one of the most quotable comedies in recent memory,

Just proves that the post I got banned for calling you a boring cunt is fucking true, the thought of you and your mong mates quoting lines from The Hangover sickens me to the pit of my fat stomach. You lot must be so hilarious on a night out oops sorry night in playing Playstaion listening to Metallica.

Oh great, you again. At least you almost got your punctuation right this time.

Anyone seen Frenemy? My local Tesco has it on the shelf next to The Hangover, and the DVD cover is designed as identically to The Hangover as possible. I can only assume that the idea is people in a rush will pick up Frenemy by accident, thinking it's The Hangover.

943628_1.jpg

The-Hangover-DVD.jpg

Anyone seen Frenemy? My local Tesco has it on the shelf next to The Hangover, and the DVD cover is designed as identically to The Hangover as possible. I can only assume that the idea is people in a rush will pick up Frenemy by accident, thinking it's The Hangover.

943628_1.jpg

The-Hangover-DVD.jpg

While in tesco I actually called the wife over and spoke an almost identical line to her!

• Paid Members

Saw Scott Pilgrim the other night. I liked it, I thought it was a clever portrayal of how when people are in a new relationship they have to seem like they're the best one yet. that's how I saw it anyway. I loved the editing too and the visual effects were a lot of fun.

Saw X-Men: First Class with the good lady last night. I thought it was superb and easily takes my "favourite in series" medal.

Yes, I am easily pleased, however its fucking good!!

No way! X2 all the way.

I really liked it tho, it was X-Men meets Bond or something, but it had a lot of problems for me which dragged it down. For example the realtionship between Charles and Eric is incredible, but the rest of them you couldn't give a fuck about, bar Mystique. I wouldn't mind that, but in any promo stuff I've watched everyone has been liked ooh its an ensemble piece, but its really not. I think its a bit rubbish that they stayed within the film canon as they couldn't use Cyclops etc, so they had to use the dregs. For example how incredibly shit was the guy that could create wind or Angel, also Darwin :laugh:

I also felt some of the music sounded like it was leftover from Kick Ass and I didn't think it fitted with the film. There were also some not so good looking effects, but I'm never one to be really picky about stuff like that.

I'd give it a 7/10 cause its definately worth it.

also Jennifer Lawrence :love: and the suits look well cool.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

the cameo was hilarious as well

Edited by Cobra1000