DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Couldn't sleep last night so was flicking around the channels and I saw Beecher from Oz in a film on the Horror channel. It was one of those DTV jobs called Boa V Python or something. It was terrible, no redeeming features at all. Then to add insult to insomnia, it wasn't even Beecher, it was some bloke who looked liked him.

• Paid Members
The Loved Ones is FUCKING AMAZING. One of the best horror films that I have seen in absolutely ages and Robin McLeavy is absolutely brilliant in it. Bloody delighted I finally got round to watching it, what a great film.

I caught that on tv about a year ago. Went in not knowing anything about it. Its a cracking film

i'll second that, fantastic.

• Paid Members

^ Well, good on you two and JLM for watching it and enjoying it even though it's Australian.

Couldn't sleep last night so was flicking around the channels and I saw Beecher from Oz in a film on the Horror channel. It was one of those DTV jobs called Boa V Python or something. It was terrible, no redeeming features at all. Then to add insult to insomnia, it wasn't even Beecher, it was some bloke who looked liked him.

Nothing good ever comes of putting the Horror Channel on.

• Paid Members

I was hoping in our absence from having Sky that Scuzz might have disappeared :(

Keith, have you seen this site:-

http://www.curzoncinemas.com/film_on_demand/

I thought as a regular Cornerhouse patron you might like it, especially as they have Berberian Sound Studio on there. A tenner's quite steep but I don't think I could wait for the DVD and I doubt it would be popping up on Netflix any time soon.

• Paid Members
^ Well, good on you two and JLM for watching it and enjoying it even though it's Australian.

Nothing good ever comes of putting the Horror Channel on.

I know someone whos film actually gets shown on The Horror Channel now and again. Not surprisingly its very shit. Check out the reviews on Play and IMDB and try and guess which ones he wrote himself

Edit: I will also point out that in the very small genre of 'Post apocalyptic films where mankind has been wiped out by a virus and Prestatyn Holiday camps are used as a location' it's not even top of the list. That honour obviously goes to the TV series The Last Train

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members

Heh, very subtle! The only good film I've ever seen on there is May. I think they might have shown Switchblade Romance on there as well. Otherwise, it really is a waste of what could and should be a great channel.

• Paid Members
Heh, very subtle! The only good film I've ever seen on there is May. I think they might have shown Switchblade Romance on there as well. Otherwise, it really is a waste of what could and should be a great channel.

Got to disagree. For a long time it was rubbish but for the last year or two they have had plenty of great films. Ok there is still a great deal of filler rubbish but just as much worth watching. They show tons of Hammer, Argento and 80's flicks. As for the filler its a very mixed bag but I like the fact there's a showcase for films that otherwise I'd never take a look at.

• Paid Members
Anything where a gang has someone called "Loki" is bound to be a shit gang.

I bet they hang around outside Pret A Manger and threaten people with rolled-up copies of Tatler.

Edited by Gladstone Small

• Paid Members

:laugh:

I'll echo the admiration for The Loved Ones, one of very few films that has stuck with me for the next few days.