DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Anybody ever watched "The Last Temptation of Christ"? Scorcese.

Don't usually go for those religious epics, but that was quite decent. Brilliant Peter Gabriel soundtrack too. Excellent.

Anybody watched it?

Harvey Keitel -"UR KING OF DA JOOOOSSSS!!"

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Anybody ever watched "The Last Temptation of Christ"? Scorcese.

Don't usually go for those religious epics, but that was quite decent. Brilliant Peter Gabriel soundtrack too. Excellent.

Anybody watched it?

Harvey Keitel -"UR KING OF DA JOOOOSSSS!!"

Yeah its amazing, I bought the dvd ages before i actually watched it. When i finally bothered to watch it it was incredible. I'd recommend the guys book too.

not quite a film but I watched Bio's Inside Story: Dances With Wolves the other day and loved it, one of my favourite films this documentary was really good, featuring stuff you prob already know, but it has Costner being awesome so what more could you want?

Just watched "Fatal Deviation" as recommended by Cracked.

510SM3QNK4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Cracked article

It's a hilariously awful one-man attempt to cast himself as the new (perhaps, Irish version of) Jean-Claude Van-Damme. It's the absolute pits, but in a good way. The article above is funny even if you have no intention of wasting time wasting the bag of shite!

It also features someone "From the Rock Band, Boyzone".

That's right, Boyzone were a Rock Band weren't they, and one of the cunts is in this.

Edited by Dirty Eddie

did plan on taking my girlfriend to see american pie reunion last night but when we got to the odeon we found out that both the 8.15 and 9.15 shows had sold out, so we ended up seeing avengers assemble instead and felt we made the better choice as it was fucking awesome, one of the best comic book films i had ever seen. my missus seemed to enjoy it too despite never seeing a superhero film before, had to explain who each character was on the standee outside the screen. the scene in grand central station with thor and hulk had everyone rolling with laughter

Watched The Avengers. It's really enjoyable; the tone's perfect and it's surprisingly funny as well. I think the climax dragged a bit, though.Anyone seen Man On A Ledge? Is it knowingly silly or just outright stupid?

Just watched "Fatal Deviation" as recommended by Cracked.510SM3QNK4L._SL500_AA300_.jpgCracked articleIt's a hilariously awful one-man attempt to cast himself as the new (perhaps, Irish version of) Jean-Claude Van-Damme. It's the absolute pits, but in a good way. The article above is funny even if you have no intention of wasting time wasting the bag of shite!It also features someone "From the Rock Band, Boyzone".That's right, Boyzone were a Rock Band weren't they, and one of the cunts is in this.

What a brilliant find. Looks like a real life Threat Level Midnight.

Just finished watching Lone Star, which was discussed a few months ago in this thread. Written, directed and edited by John Sayles. What an absolutely fabulous film - brilliantly written, with a great cast, all underplaying with that wonderful southern style. It's slow, and it's not full of action, but it IS what film is all about. Even Matthew McConaughey is good!

I'm off to track down some more of this guy's films.

• Paid Members

Eight Men Out, Loki. After Take Shelter, which isn't John Sayles, but I'm getting everyone to watch that now, it's my new project. Mrs Loki will like it, too.

Anybody ever watched "The Last Temptation of Christ"? Scorcese.Don't usually go for those religious epics, but that was quite decent. Brilliant Peter Gabriel soundtrack too. Excellent.Anybody watched it?Harvey Keitel -"UR KING OF DA JOOOOSSSS!!"

Yup, not a fan at all. That was an absolute passion project of his and when the studio fucked him around the first time in trying to make it he made After Hours - which in my opinion is one of his best ever films. For whatever reason, I must have see that film about twenty different times after a night out in the early hours. Brilliant mood piece.

done a triple header of films this afternoon as i had a few blu rays from christmas still to watch. started with the hangover part ii which was good but felt too samey with the plot, next was transformers dark of the moon which started ok but dragged badly (someone clearly didnt tell bay that 2 1/2 hours is far too long for a TF movie) and finally i watched captain america (which in hindsight i could have watched with thor earlier as i was left a bit confused at parts during the avengers), that was a decent film i thoughttempted to watch the american pie trilogy over the next couple of days to get me back up to speed with the characters before i go see reunion with my girlfriend on wednesday

• Paid Members

Watched the animation The Pirates (in an adventure with scientists) and it was a lot of fun. Some great humour and a lot for both kids and big kids who just need a laugh. Fully recommended to anyone in need of cheering up! (so glad they kept the leper scene in!)

Went to see Safe which was really, really good. I love Jason Statham movies as a rule but this is a more polished and sophisticated effort than his usual fare. That's not to say it's anything ground-breaking, but it's paced and structured very well, and although it has shaky-cam problems, the camerawork is largely very impressive. It's a simple story told well and reminded me of '70s thrillers. See it, because it was completely buried by The Avengers and it's worth your attention.

Went to see Safe which was really, really good. I love Jason Statham movies as a rule but this is a more polished and sophisticated effort than his usual fare. That's not to say it's anything ground-breaking, but it's paced and structured very well, and although it has shaky-cam problems, the camerawork is largely very impressive. It's a simple story told well and reminded me of '70s thrillers. See it, because it was completely buried by The Avengers and it's worth your attention.

Yeah I saw it too. Terrible accent aside, it's a cracking film and the Stath delivers as usual. I also saw Dark Shadows and American Reunion this week, both of which were terrible.