• Paid Members
Started Hobo With A Shotgun

I expect gore, messiness and laughs!

Haha this was great!

Song from the Racoons at the end! Boss.

That's me sold.

• Paid Members
I'm thinking Emmanuelle in America

The things I'd do to Laura Gemser. My personal favourite of hers is Sister Emmanuelle.

I have a little fanzine booklet on Gemser - I assume I was probably the only person that ever bought it, I'm sure it's worth a bit now. Have similar for John Morghen and Fulci's the Beyond.

Johnny English Reborn

wasnt really expecting that much but chose it over musketeers as i dont think anything will get me to see that

its ok nowhere near the funniest film you will ever see but ive always been a fan of atkinson and seeing him do is thing is as funny as usual. yes some bits drag and some gags get used more than once and the reveeal of a villan isnt exactly shocking but a few sequences (adjusting chair height, helicopter piloting) are very funny and the end confrontation is excellent.

it wont be to everyones taste but i enjoyed and its bound to be better than 3 musketeers (probably)

• Paid Members

Ended up watching A Boy and His Dog (1975) - just a wonderful movie, one of those movies I saw very late at night when I was about 13, and now get the chance to see it again. Don Johnson is wonderful, and the entire premise is very well done. The scary robot farmer/enforcer Michael has stuck in my memory for nearly two decades, hazy midnight showing or not, as have the pasty faces of all the Topekans.

I'm not gonna get to finish it, but I'm watching Scream, Blacula, Scream - Thus far, it's exactly as good as you would expect, and twice as racist.

Johnny English Reborn

wasnt really expecting that much but chose it over musketeers as i dont think anything will get me to see that

its ok nowhere near the funniest film you will ever see but ive always been a fan of atkinson and seeing him do is thing is as funny as usual. yes some bits drag and some gags get used more than once and the reveeal of a villan isnt exactly shocking but a few sequences (adjusting chair height, helicopter piloting) are very funny and the end confrontation is excellent.

it wont be to everyones taste but i enjoyed and its bound to be better than 3 musketeers (probably)

Saw this tonight as well, and pretty much spot on with that review. A fun way to spend 90 mins but not one I'd watch again in a hurry. The chair gag was brilliant though.

Shame I was sat in front of two of the biggest knobheads in the cinema. Really ruined it by talking, kicking my chair, and making jokey comments in that annoying rudeboy accent that so many kids use now.

Went to see Tyrannosaur tonight -- absolutely fucking brilliant. Can't say I enjoyed it per se as it's really horrible (there were gasps at some bits, and a bloke a few rows behind went "good God!" at one of the gruesome points), but it's a masterpiece. Stunning work from Mullan and Colman, and Considine's done an outstanding job with the writing and directing.

Came home and watched the remake of Arthur which was a lot of fun. The absolute perfect role for Russell Brand, and he flying coloursed it. Nothing that really sticks with you, but very enjoyable. Not if you hate Russell Brand, mind. You'd only be watching it to wind yourself up.

Edited by King Pitcos

Went to see Tyrannosaur tonight -- absolutely fucking brilliant. Can't say I enjoyed it per se as it's really horrible (there were gasps at some bits, and a bloke a few rows behind went "good God!" at one of the gruesome points), but it's a masterpiece. Stunning work from Mullan and Colman, and Considine's done an outstanding job with the writing and directing.

Looked promising in Empire this month. Shall have to check that out.

Ive progressed to Series 2 of The Transformers after being utterly dispondent over the first one.

Now, it may have been that the DVD was a bodge transfer as was a different company, as the series two quality of picture and indeed animation is in some cases 100 fold better and you can clearly tell the differences between which company did which episode as well, which is highly alarming.

More villain of the week or, item of the week this time around, with some strange anomalies. In one episode Prime gets completely disassembled, to the point that only his head left and his body rebuilt as a variety of things including a robo croc. That didnt kill him, but a pussy fight with Megatron did, in the Movie. Oh and indeed dear.

About halfway through Series 2 and still as disappointed.

I've been watching series 2 of Batman: The Animated Series in order to get me even more excited about Arkham City. It's easily the best Batman screen adaptation ever. The voice acting is perfect; Kevin Conroy is Batman, Mark Hamill is the Joker.

• Paid Members
Went to see Tyrannosaur tonight -- absolutely fucking brilliant. Can't say I enjoyed it per se as it's really horrible (there were gasps at some bits, and a bloke a few rows behind went "good God!" at one of the gruesome points), but it's a masterpiece.

Is it more or less horrible than the final two episodes of This Is England '86?

To be honest, I'm growing slightly weary of British council estate dramas that feature ugly and slightly overweight blokes that stalk estates beating up women and Pakis. I like Paddy Considine but from what I've read and heard of Tyrannosaur it sounds like he's treading exactly the same path as Gary Oldman and Tim Roth for his directorial debut.

I'll still watch it, though.