DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Inception - I found it to be ever so slightly overhyped, and the ending went too quickly for my liking:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I'm not a huge fan of "viewer decides/cut-to-black" endings, even though the spinner more than likely fell on account of the wobbling.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Other than that, I thought it was very good with swish performances. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is fast becoming a favourite with me.

The Expendables - The final 20 minutes or so were enjoyable, but for the majority of the film I was trying not to fall asleep. It needed more Terry Crews. :/

• Paid Members
Box of Delights in its entirity. Fucking Awesome!

I got that for Christmas last year. It was a childhood favourite of my brother and I. I remember it being really scary at the time and it's still got it after alll this time.

Video Nasties: Moral Panic, Censorship and Videotape.

Esential viewing for anyone with an interest in the video nasties era or censorship in general and an amazing documentation/expose of one of the most absurd, confusing and at times just plain nasty (no pun intended) periods in modern British history.

Its worth watching just for the shocking lack of self awarness displayed by those responsible for the witch hunts who still to this believe that they are in the right while on the more serious side of things there are stories about people actually going to prison.

Also of interest is the section about the so called "research" into the effect video nasties had on children which of course is complete and utter rubbish but is still a disturbing reminder of how easily laws can be passed based on bullshit and media hysteria.

KoS Rating *****

• Paid Members

Esential viewing for anyone with an interest in the video nasties era or censorship in general and an amazing documentation/expose of one of the most absurd, confusing and at times just plain nasty (no pun intended) periods in modern British history.

Its worth watching just for the shocking lack of self awarness displayed by those responsible for the witch hunts who still to this believe that they are in the right while on the more serious side of things there are stories about people actually going to prison.

Also of interest is the section about the so called "research" into the effect video nasties had on children which of course is complete and utter rubbish but is still a disturbing reminder of how easily laws can be passed based on bullshit and media hysteria.

KoS Rating *****

It's absolutely brilliant, isn't it? The best bit is when that total idiot Graham Bright is revealed to have lied about the effect on pet dogs of video nasties to try and get them banned. Mong.

The whole package is awesome, the trailers are great as well as is the ident section. I would recommend it to just about anyone.

• Paid Members

considering its christmas, ive really slacked off badly on the movies the past few weeks, i did watch one the other night which came as a massive surprise, it was an xmas gift for my girlfriend which only cost

• Paid Members

KoS Rating *****

It's absolutely brilliant, isn't it? The best bit is when that total idiot Graham Bright is revealed to have lied about the effect on pet dogs of video nasties to try and get them banned. Mong.

The whole package is awesome, the trailers are great as well as is the ident section. I would recommend it to just about anyone.

I chose to write one of my essays on the evolution of the horror genre and, in my research, I found loads of similar reports and interviews and such about the video nasty era. It seems so interesting how the whole thing came about really. Where can I get hold of this?

• Paid Members
I chose to write one of my essays on the evolution of the horror genre and, in my research, I found loads of similar reports and interviews and such about the video nasty era. It seems so interesting how the whole thing came about really. Where can I get hold of this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Video-Nasties-Defi...6580&sr=1-1

It was only a tenner when I bought it but it was limited edition. Well worth getting though, and still worth the money.

Edited by Gladstone Small

It was only a tenner when I bought it but it was limited edition. Well worth getting though, and still worth the money.

Should have been more clear but thats the set I got.

EDIT

Yes it really is briliant and I have not even gotton into the trailers and the extras yet.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members

Should have been more clear but thats the set I got.

Cheers for the link, what makes the edition so "special" may I ask? It says it has some trailers but is the packaging special in any way or something? I'm a sucker for those gimmick DVD packages.

No idea what makes the set "special" sorry and I only picked it up as an impulse buy today because its an era that has always interested me and I can just about remember the "under the counter films" shenanigans of the 80's.

Play.com have both special and non-special, only difference I see is a set of Post cards!

Anyway, I`ll pick this up as i`ve always had a fasination with the nasties. i lived this stuff when I was younger, hunting, searching, trading and even going into `secret back rooms` of Video stores to buy banned tapes!

You kids have no idea how easy you have it, what with the internet and those torrents! Imagine waiting 6 years to see a film only to discover its a 4th generation copy and shit! Ah, memories!