General politics discussion thread

David

Fact is no matter how much UKIP kick off we have no choice about being a part of the EU and we never will have a choice.

Just because the Government swindled us out of a referendum on the subject doesn't mean we should just roll over and accept it.

If more people decided to "kick off" about it we may actually have gotten somewhere.

May I suggest if you feel strongly about the governments' position on a referendum, you use your upcoming general election vote to remove them from office? It's called democracy and it's the most effective weapon you have at your disposal.

The problem with the whole European thing is most people don't understand about it fully. I don't for one, I just know I don't want unelected officials in Brussels making decisions for us in Britain. Last year when we had the European elections there was little really to explain the whole thing to the average Joe. Instead we were flooded news of the MP expenses scandal.

May I suggest if you feel strongly about the governments' position on a referendum, you use your upcoming general election vote to remove them from office? It's called democracy and it's the most effective weapon you have at your disposal.

Removing the current Government from power won't change anything with regards to our involvement in Europe.

A centralised European Government is the aim of most of the mainstream political parties, so there's a better chance of Nick Griffin being invited to host the next MOBO's than there is the British people getting a referendum on the matter.

• Paid Members
This here is indicator enough of bullshit.

It's far from being bullshit though, is it?

If you watch last nights show you'll see the facts.

Of course it's bullshit. I don't even need to see the show to know that.

The majority of this country is Christian, atheist or agnostic. Do you really think a political movement, clandestine or not, is really going to be able to carry out a religious fundamentalist coup to turn this country into an Islamic state?

Dispatches has form for making stuff up, ask Ryanair!

So it may not be entirely factual

That article is also speculative conjecture.

Harry, you think that Britain will become 'Sharia' then? and that 'whitey' is knackered

Harry, you think that Britain will become 'Sharia' then? and that 'whitey' is knackered

Nah, I doubt it.

The instances that are described in the show usually only happen down south. We have very little of that kind of thing up here in Scotland, so "whitey" will be just fine.

Besides, you probably know as well as I do that "whitey" always does just fine ;)

Also, i'm kind of hoping that we have our independence from you lot by the time the UK finally slides down into the shit-crusted toilet.

• Paid Members
Of course it's bullshit. I don't even need to see the show to know that.

Thanks for clearing that up for me champ.

Your sarcasm might be apt if I hadn't just provided you with a damn good reason why it is bullshit. Are you going to address the point I made, or just sit back on that shot?

Also, the Telegraph is a shit-piece, jingoistic rag - why they're still allowed to publish their version of "news" after all these years truly mystifies me.