General politics discussion thread

David

• Paid Members
Like I've said, he's trying to make a name for himself. Can anybody actually remember anything about him or anything he posted before he became a politics thread mong?

He was Sharkwrestling as mentioned. He was well known for annoying Supremo with his circular arguments and hatred of ECW.

So, one redeeming quality, then.

To be honest, whatever you think of Supremo now, he was genuinely considered one of the best posters on here back then - and had you seen the arguments that he frequently had with SharkWrestling/Happ, you would most certainly have been on his side. I cannot emphasise enough just how similar Shark/Happ's style of "debate" on the wrestling section is to what you've seen in the politics threads.

MOTION: I move that we all ignore any and all points Happ makes ever. Whether we argue with him or not, he's only going to cite the "leftist bias" again to cover up for the fact he has no answers or has no intention of arguing by any recognised criteria, so we might as well save ourself the irritation and let him spout his sewage without wasting our time on the keyboards. There are plenty others on here who make for good debate without having to concern ourselves with Happ's drek. Jonathan Ford, johnnyboy and Van Dammer have provided good arguments for their perspectives in the past, even if I didn't agree with them; don't know if they're right-wing or consider themselves such, but it'd be like listening to their gentle chimes rather than Happ's irritating clanging.

All those in favour?

Aye. These characters always have a morbid fascination (not a libertarian, not a capitalist, then what? nihilism?), but there comes a time when that is outweighed by the inevitable frustration.

• Paid Members
Tricky though, if he's left unanswered you can end up with people agreeing with him, then it's harder to not jump in.

Point is he's going to say the same things over and over again, whether you disagree with him or not, and whether you prove him wrong or not. So far, only person I've seen agree with any significant number of his points is Van Dammer, who tends to make the case better than Happ does, and thus is probably more worthwhile to deal with.

Tricky though, if he's left unanswered you can end up with people agreeing with him, then it's harder to not jump in.

Anyone who agrees with the vast majority of what Happ says isn't worthy replying to either.

Liberal fascist. Stop trying to squash free and fair debate with your brutal intimidatory tactics.

Like I've said, he's trying to make a name for himself. Can anybody actually remember anything about him or anything he posted before he became a politics thread mong?

I can recall him ranting a fair bit about how Vince Russo has never done anything good and Lance Storm is brilliant.

Anyone who agrees with the vast majority of what Happ says isn't worthy replying to either.

Liberal fascist. Stop trying to squash free and fair debate with your brutal intimidatory tactics.

Leave Happ alone. It's not his fault he has a persecution complex.