General politics discussion thread

David

• Paid Members
You might get in trouble for that one John.

Hahaha! YEAH RIGHT!!!!

What do you mean by that?

Its pretty clear who the threat of suspension for mentioning those 3 letters was aimed at.

mrpink-worldssmallestviolin.jpg

• Paid Members
But you weren't bright enough to actually mention those three letters, meaning he's not goaded you into using them. So no suspension for him.

Cyclical argument - didn't say that if Mickey was goaded, and said the words, he wasn't going to get a suspension. I don't know if Lister even knew about that rule, but I'd say there was some goading going on.

And?

Is it so shocking that even the children of the rich may have noticed how unfair the current system is? Would it really be better if only the 99% came out? Or does it not make more of an impact if people from every walk of life realise there's something wrong.

I think politics in general may be a bit beyond you mickey, ya might do better sticking to the dr who thread.

• Moderators

Re: Lister must be suspended talk, mickey the bell-end was actually using the Daily Mail as a source.

OVERRULED

Ridiculous fucking argument anyway. Can people not show solidarity for others without being in exactly the same boat? Can human beings not have empathy? No better time for an EDL analogy.

Edited by Woyzeck

• Paid Members

Didn't know about this rule (not listed in any of the rules threads), but that's no defence of course.

Anyhow, given it says

"big mickey is not allowed to talk about the EDL for 1 month. If he does, he gets suspended. Anyone who goads him into talking about it will be suspended."

it looks to me as if the deal is that big mickey gets the holiday, but anyone who caused it would also go at the same time. Basically I've handed mickey a live hand grenade and he can decide whether to lob it away or take us both out. What's it to be, son?

• Paid Members
Didn't know about this rule (not listed in any of the rules threads), but that's no defence of course.

Anyhow, given it says

"big mickey is not allowed to talk about the EDL for 1 month. If he does, he gets suspended. Anyone who goads him into talking about it will be suspended."

it looks to me as if the deal is that big mickey gets the holiday, but anyone who caused it would also go at the same time. Basically I've handed mickey a live hand grenade and he can decide whether to lob it away or take us both out. What's it to be, son?

reservoir-dogs-mexican-standoff.jpg

This, just less cool.

Anyway, from what it seems to be presented as the protesters are anti-capitalist and protesting against the big bad corperations with their greed and slave labour, but have no problem contributing their cash to them.

It all Comes across as a big hypocritical really

Anyway, from what it seems to be presented as the protesters are anti-capitalist and protesting against the big bad corperations with their greed and slave labour, but have no problem contributing their cash to them.

It all Comes across as a big hypocritical really

Be less of a moron old boy, we live in a capitalist society, it's impossible to live in it and not be part of it. For a the start you need a bank account, bank accounts are big bad corporations, but society is set up in such a way that you have to have one to function at all.

And in a capitalist society there will be those at the top, and those at the bottom.

It's not hypocritical to be at the top and still see the probelms, in fact it's alot more moral than being at the bottom and seeing the problem. You're protesting despite the fact that you are actually asking for a fairer system which would reduce your disposable income.

As I said, you may be better off in the Dr Who thread, your theory about Matt Smith being one of the better dr's was groundbreaking in it's insight and I really couldn't fault it in any way.

But in here, quoting the daily mail which you barely understand in the first instance, you're a fucking joke.

Edited by Kiffy

• Moderators
Can we also stop big mickey from using the :) smiley because that gets on my tits more than the EDL bollocks, to be honest.

I'd love a ban on smileys all together. All over the internet. On pain of gulag.

• Paid Members
Can we also stop big mickey from using the :) smiley because that gets on my tits more than the EDL bollocks, to be honest.

I'd love a ban on smileys all together. All over the internet. On pain of gulag.

Absolutely.