The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

We used to be all too very nice about walking. Alec Stewart, gentleman cricketer, who'd always walk and there were a few times where it was shown that the ball didn't carry and he'd given his wicket away by not waiting for the umpire.

Edited by mikey

• Paid Members

I can't remember a player looking so nervous on his debut. He looked absolutely petrified. Even at this early stage, I'd be surprised if he plays for England again, which is a shame. Fortunately, we're not short of good young spinners in this country.

Woakes got better as the day went on but it's still a strange selection. He hasn't had a brilliant season. If they wanted an all-rounder, they might have been better off picking Scott Borthwick as he could have played the second spinner role as well plus they could have chosen Tremlett or Onions. The team would have looked stronger then. Still, you don't get many chances to experiment in test matches, so fair enough.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

Not the greatest debut for Kerrigan. I just wonder whether he could have benefited from having had some more outings for the Lions before being thrown into the Test side. He also got absolutely slaughtered by Watson not too long ago, so I imagine that was still at the front of his mind when bowling. He's been a great bowler for Lancs, and I'd still say he should have an England career in the future. It may be worth taking him to Australia still, just to get him as part of the England set-up a bit more and actually get some time working with the team. Another winter in the Lions would probably be his best bet though. Nothing to say he couldn't come back into the frame after two or three years though..

Great innings from Watson, just a bit of a shame he couldn't do something like that when it actually mattered and the series was alive. ;)

• Paid Members

Was there even the smallest chance that they would have gone off if it had been a limited overs match? No. Why should tests be any different? It's ridiculous. The umpires deserve to be booed and so does Clarke for whingeing about the light at the end after being so keen on a result.

Be interesting to see what Warne makes of that ending.

He was a truly phenomenal player but I have to say I've found Warne to be a total knobhead throughout this series, Constantly on the wind-up, incredibly biased, just terrible.

Shane Warne is fantastic. He's been brilliant and unbiased.

Edited by Devon Malcolm