The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators
On 04/12/2017 at 9:05 PM, The Curious Orange said:

Before Woakes 2 wickets I thought it was a straightforward move of bringing Wood in for him next test, but I'm not so sure they'll do that now

Wood is dire, Him running in like a mid 30's Gus Fraser after only 4 hours as he's that blown up is not something we need.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

My bet is we'll lose a wicket in about the second over of the day, flail around like kippers left on the deck of a boat for a bit, then lose by about 120 runs.

That was depressingly prescient.

Story of the series, that we haven't performed at the big moments. We get to a position with just merest hint of promise and then kak our whites. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

My bet is we'll lose a wicket in about the second over of the day, flail around like kippers left on the deck of a boat for a bit, then lose by about 120 runs.

Mystic Mears was bang on the money. If you could let me have 5 numbers and 2 lucky stars for the Euromillions on Friday Gus then I'll see you right. 

• Paid Members

7 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Mystic Mears was bang on the money. If you could let me have 5 numbers and 2 lucky stars for the Euromillions on Friday Gus then I'll see you right. 

Haha, occasionally unremitting pessimism comes off. More so than it ought to when it comes to the England cricket team.

I'm with Butcher that they'll lob Wood in for the next test, despite having the engine of an emphysemic 90 year old. At least he shouldn't go full Warrior in a 4 man seam attack if he doesn't fracture his arse again after 3 overs. 

• Paid Members

Well it turns out that Ben Duckett is a bit of a bellend. Why on earth would you pour a drink on Jimmy Anderson on the first night that the curfew on the players is lifted. However many tests he has played I strongly doubt he will play any more. 

• Paid Members

Very impressive work from Malan and Bairstow today. Cook looks done, get the feeling from his form and comments to the media that he might retire from internationals after this tour. Can't blame him, father to a couple of young kids and has a farm he can retire to. 

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

I hope this new T20 competition is a hit, if for nothing else so the next generation can grow up watching the spot on terrestrial TV like I did in the 80's. But after speaking with a lot of other Yorkshire supporters, they are finding it hard to get behind. The biggest argument against it seems to be that it is city based, and those not from Leeds don't feel they will feel a part of the franchise like they do with the County Club. Is this just a Yorkshire thing?