The Official UKFF Top 50 Games List

Onyx2

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, seeing as everybody else is doing it, here's my Top 15. Official Top 50 appearances in bold. My list didn't make that much of a dent, I don't think. Look forward to the Top 100 list though.

1. Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (PS2)

2. GTA3 (PS2)

3. WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain (PS2)

4. Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Mega Drive)

5. Goldeneye (N64)

6. WWF Attitude (PS1)

7. Fifa 98: Road to World Cup (PS1)

8. Fight Night Round 3 (PS3)

9. Streets of Rage 2 (Mega Drive)

10. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (Game Boy)

11. Grand Theft Auto (PS1/PC)

12. Worms (PC)

13. Mario Kart (Wii)

14. Duke Nukem 3D (PC)

15. Guitar Hero: World Tour (PS3)

Edited by NorthEastWrestlingMagazine

My list:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (ps3)

Final Fantasy VII (ps)

Super Mario Bros 3 (nes)

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (360)

Metal Gear Solid (ps)

Left 4 Dead (360)

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (ps2)

Perfect Dark (n64)

Mass Effect (360)

Halo 3 (360)

Super Mario 64 (n64)

Teenage mutant ninja turtles 2 (nes)

Tekken 2 (ps)

Tony Hawks Pro Skater (ps)

Guitar Hero 3 (360)

Looking back at it now, I'd probably submit a different list today as I did there. It was so hard to pick. This was good fun though so once again big kudos for black2 putting this all together. And yes, I love Metal Gear.

• Awards Moderator

Numbers 100 - 51:

100. Quake

99. Silent Hill 3

98. Team Fortress 2

97. Grand Theft Auto

96. Shenmue II

95. Beyond Good and Evil

94. Pokemon Gold / Silver

93. The Sims

92. Dynasty Warriors 4

91. Mortal Kombat II

90. CounterStrike

89. Sensible Soccer

88. Theme Hospital

87. Donkey Kong Country 3

86. Pokemon Diamond / Pearl

85. Golden Axe

84. The Warriors

83. Sensible World of Soccer 96/97

82. Timesplitters 3: Future Perfect

81. King of Colosseum II

80. Grim Fandango

79. Mega Man 2

78. Championship Manager 00/01

77. Panzer Dragoon Saga

76. Guitar Hero 2

75. Resident Evil

74. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

73. Rollercoaster Tycoon

72. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

71. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

70. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty

69. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi

• Moderators

I'd rather people discussed the list instead of just pasting in their whole list with no comment or opinions, so I'm not gonna do that..

5 of my picks made it in... Out of all of them, the one I'm most surprised that didn't make the cut was Worms. I thought for sure that would be in there...

I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised and see Civilisation II in there, but seeing how the list was panning out it became increasingly unlikely as it went on.

Several of my other ones I wasn't at all surprised to see didn't make the final cut, but I would like to know if anyone else voted for them.. Looking forward to the 50 - 100 and bonus stats!

Edited by Chest Rockwell

The main thing I remember about Sonic CD is that its special stages were awful.

The main thing I remember is that all of it was awful. The music was uninspiring, the bosses except the metal sonic race were shite and i'm sure you fight one or two of them more than once, the levels were boring and the addition to travel through time took away from the playability.

But the intro music was freaking awesome.

1 Oblivion - Elder Scrolls IV The most amazing game I have ever played, from the smallest of beginings you travel on the most amazing of journies

2 Halo : Combat Evolved Quite simply perfect. Even The Library is awesome - it's supposed to be a repetetive fight for survival, and the first time around it works to a tee.

3 Sega Rally Championship 2 Anyone who tells you it is simplistic is simply exposing the fact they don't know how to play it properly.

4 Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time Sorry Black. The first time you step into the Deku tree is perhaps the finest single moment in gaming history.

5 Championship Manager 01/02 Before the daft little dots there was a game in which anything could happen at any moment.

6 Project Gotham Racing The xbox delivers the most fun you can have in a car. Still unsurpassed, even by it's own sequels.

7 Resident Evil : Code Veronica Still my favourite in the series, if they'd used it's script for the first Resi film maybe the series wouldn't have ended up in the crapper.

8 Half Life 2 (Inc Episodes 1&2) Proves you don't need cutscenes to tell a story and then delivers some of the best gameplay moments ever conceived.

9 Fallout 3 Perhaps not quite in the same league as Oblivion but a game with it's own truly amazing character. Exposes Bioshock as a bit of a plastic effort.

10 GTA IV Back to basics and all the better for it. Nico's life in the city sucks you in and makes you care. Even it's flaws have charm.

11 EA Hockey 93 When you only have to provide AI for a five aside game you can do things that football games could still only dream about. Awesome.

12 WCW vs N WO revenge Midas will tell you the reversals are broken. He's a mong and this is still the only wrestling game I've ever truly liked.

13 Call of Duty 4 The greatest online shooter of all time. Some of the best unscripted gameplay you can ever encounter.

14 Shenmue Over stretched the technology, full of flaws, slightly stupid and it makes you drive a fucking forklift truck. Still amazing though.

15 Resident Evil 4 Finally gets the gameplay to match it's presentation.

When I complied my list I was almost tempted to go back and be a bit too clever because it was rather too 'current/recent-gen' for my liking. But I thought about it and realised that it was a fair reflection of the way I feel about computer games - I love games that suck you in and are an experience rather than a test of reflexes, as such many of the games from my youth just don't have the same place in my heart that the likes of Oblivion and Fallout 3 do.

I did however fuck up royally by not including KOTOR - not only wouldit make the list but it should be in the top 5, how did I manage that?

• Paid Members

The main thing I remember is that all of it was awful. The music was uninspiring, the bosses except the metal sonic race were shite and i'm sure you fight one or two of them more than once, the levels were boring and the addition to travel through time took away from the playability.

Agreed.

Sonic booooom, Sonic booooom, Sonic boooooooo-ooommm :music:

Agreed.

Sonic booooom, Sonic booooom, Sonic boooooooo-ooommm :music:

I was refering to this beauty:

The only reason Half life 2 doesn't give you cutscenes is because it uses them all up in the hour-long ordeal you have at the start.

Unless you're being liberal with your use of the word "start," I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not far into the game (boating down the river) but the only thing I've encountered that I'd describe as a cutscene was no longer than a minute or two, tops.

• Paid Members
The only reason Half life 2 doesn't give you cutscenes is because it uses them all up in the hour-long ordeal you have at the start.

Unless you're being liberal with your use of the word "start," I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not far into the game (boating down the river) but the only thing I've encountered that I'd describe as a cutscene was no longer than a minute or two, tops.

Maybe i'm thinking of Half Life one, where you sit on a train for ages and talk to the wheelchair guy. Half life 2 is still full of boring long bits though, like in the lab, or when you have to train that dog robot, or the dull driving/boating bits.