OOOLD SCHOOOOL

JLM

Bumping this fucker.

I'm downloading all of 2000's WCW Saturday Nights (it finished with the 2000 russo/Bisch reboot), but I'm going to review those fuckers. But first I've a WCW C-Show from 1994, so I'll revoew that first. It has gold spangled coats. I'll knock it up tomorrow.

Keirn & Eaton? Bad 'FN' Attitude?

The Saturday Night shows from 2000 are great fun. Basically all the guys from their ridiculously overstocked roster who weren't getting booked on the main shows. So you have the likes of Los Fabulos, the Villanos, Barry Horowitz doing jobs, David Flair & Crowbar, The Wall, Steven Regal, David Sierra (winning!) and Disorderly Conduct. Then there are the guys who they started using who came through the Power Plant such as Kid Romeo, Sonny Siaki, Rick Cornell, Alan Funk, Mark Jindrak and 3 Count, plus I have memories of Jim Duggan feuding with Robert Gibson over the TV Title. Great stuff. Thank God they just left Jimmy Hart to his own devices on this show.

Bad Attitude! I suppose the bad Gold sequined coats was hardly a good hint.

I've got Saturday Night from 1999 on DVD, and despite the abundance of Adrian Byrd and HAIL, it's a quality show. I honestly don't think that the brass knew it still existed for Jimmy Hart made it into a quality little show of it's own. If 2000 has LOS FABULOUSO'S on it I will cum all over the shop.

Adrian Byrd is still about in 2000 doing jobs along with the other true jobber from that period Dave Burkhead. I ended up checking the listings to see what else I had forgotten from this period and there are the likes of Rick Fuller, Frankie 'The Thumper' Lancaster, Al Green (who also works as The Dog), Buzzkill, 'Hardwork' Bobby Walker, PG-13 and Steve & Scott Armstrong. I may have to dig out my copies of this to re-watch it as it is getting on for three or four years since I last watched this stuff.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plus I have memories of Jim Duggan feuding with Robert Gibson over the TV Title. Great stuff. Thank God they just left Jimmy Hart to his own devices on this show.

They definitely had one match, don't think there was a fued though. Still, just the one match is weird enough!

• Paid Members
Bumping this fucker.

I'm downloading all of 2000's WCW Saturday Nights (it finished with the 2000 russo/Bisch reboot), but I'm going to review those fuckers. But first I've a WCW C-Show from 1994, so I'll revoew that first. It has gold spangled coats. I'll knock it up tomorrow.

I've just found a Worldwide from the end of 1996 that I'm going to do a review of later. Oh yes.

I love this thread. Been looking for it for a while, I'm watching ECW from 1997, I'll throw in a couple of reviews later. From my previous posts, I was in April 96 of Nitro, got all the way through to June 98, there talking about a big show at the Georgia Dome, I wonder if anything big happens there?

ECW from 1997 is my main watch at the moment building towards Barely Legal. It hasn't been mentioned yet there is going to be a PPV but have hinted...

I'll be back later with a review.

• Paid Members

Just found knocking around my place a tape with a WCW Worldwide from, I think, December 22nd 1996. Let's have a gander!

WCW Worldwide 22/12/1996

The Brain and Tony Schiavone give us a run-through of who's on whilst that excellent Worldwide theme tune tootles away in the background. The line-up looks good - until they mention that Cyclops & Galaxy are on. Who? Okay.

Chris Jericho v Butch Long

Ahh, a proper jobber! Butch has got a cracking moustache going on here that makes him look not unlike Eddie Guerrero. Looks like he's eaten Eddie though. Jericho is in that era where he let the front row fans fondle him as he leans against the barrier before the match. That always pissed me off for some reason. Schiavone doesn't call a single move in the match, instead harping on about Starrcade and the NWO. Jericho tosses Butch around a bit, who then gets a bit of punch offence in before Jericho wins with a crap-looking drop-kick off the top.

Blimey, I'd forgotten about how excitable the Worldwide crowd was.

Schiavone does a bit backstage with Brain about Starrcade which is entirely pointless. Go back to the ring, for fuck's sake.

Ahh, it's Dungeon Of Doom time! Ahh, shit it's Konnan....

Konan & Big Bubba v Johnny Boon & Rod Thompson

Note, fact fans, that the shoe-chucking crap bastard is only spelling it with one 'n' here. At least he's partnered with the former Big Boss Man, so it's not all bad. Boss Man hammers the crap out of Boon in the corner before he has the temerity to hit a tag. Fortunately, he clotheslines the shit out of Thompson when he comes in, so that's better. According to Brain, Konan "does things you've never seen before". You're not wrong, Brain.

After about a million tags, Konan pins Thompson after a cradle DDT or something poncey sounding like that whilst Boss Man sidewalk slams the other guy and that's it. Konan shouts "Viva la Mexico!" a few times at the camera. Get to fuckery you Uncle Fester-looking cock.

Another video for sodding Starrcade shows Roddy Piper kicking the crap out of Eric Bischoff. He almost doesn't look fat in this video. Amazing.

Mr Wallstreet v Kenny Kendall

Kendall somehow has managed to make a ponytail out of almost no hair. He somehow botches a sunset flip reversal and IRS looks mad. A few minutes of not much happens then and IRS finishes it with a crap Samoan Drop and that's it.

I've just realised who IRS looks like - Bruce Campbell! Separated at birth!

Now there's a bit where they talk to Lee Marshall 'On The Road' on the phone. That's right, keep the bugger well away from the commentary table.

Ciclope & Galaxy v Joe Gomez & Renegade

Ahh, now we're getting good! Schiavone, you knobhead - it's fucking Ciclope, not Cyclops! Christ.

Galaxy is wearing pink gloves and a mask that makes him look like a golliwog. He's also clearly too fat to do this leaping around lucha libre stuff as he almost botches his first jump to only the second rope. Ciclope's mask looks even worse so Renegade drops him on his face and pins him. That might make it look better, silly twat.

Brain and Schiavone are too busy nattering away about Christmas to notice the Nasty Boys jumping Gomez and Renegade in the ring. Knobbs powerbombs Renegade and, oh, that's it. They go to a Nitro recap instead. Boooooooooooooo!

High Voltage v Eddie & Chavo Guerrero

It's double main event time! Brain says that High Voltage are two or three wins away from being a 'major force in WCW'. High Voltage didn't get two or three wins EVER.

Match starts brightly before Chavo gets elbowed in the head in the corner. They beat on the future Kerwin White for a few minutes before the tag at which point they do a double brainbuster on the blonde one, frog splash from Eddie and that's your lot. Never mind, lads. Just two or three more wins.

Hugh Morrus v Lex Luger

This should be fun. Morrus says, "Big smile!" to the camera as he enters the ring. Well I did have until I saw you. He gets a bit of offence on the Total Package before he gets twatted out of the ring and then stalls a bit. Morrus suckers Luger and he's dominating this until Luger belly-to-back suplexes him. Come on Luger, he's got question marks on his trunks! Twat him! Not much effect though until Morrus misses an elbow from the top and Luger racks him for the win.

More drivel from Schiavone in the back and that's it!

• Moderators
Ciclope & Galaxy v Joe Gomez & Renegade

Ahh, now we're getting good! Schiavone, you knobhead - it's fucking Ciclope, not Cyclops! Christ.

Galaxy is wearing pink gloves and a mask that makes him look like a golliwog. He's also clearly too fat to do this leaping around lucha libre stuff as he almost botches his first jump to only the second rope. Ciclope's mask looks even worse so Renegade drops him on his face and pins him. That might make it look better, silly twat.

Brain and Schiavone are too busy nattering away about Christmas to notice the Nasty Boys jumping Gomez and Renegade in the ring. Knobbs powerbombs Renegade and, oh, that's it. They go to a Nitro recap instead. Boooooooooooooo!

:laugh:

I always fucking hated that Renegade and Joe Gomez team. Renegade ended up turning on Gomez to the interest of no-one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Currently showing Uncensored '97. Mortis vs. Glacier is surprisingly fun so far.

Is that the show where Ultimo Dragon (wrestling Psicosis) makes a complete hash of a Misteriorana in the corner and ends up just kind of falling off the buckle with Psicosis in his arms and Tenay tries to cover for it by calling it a "tornado DDT?" Ouch.

• Paid Members

Rodman & Hogan versus The Giant & Luger right now. Rodman's hair is ace here. I'm really glad this channel is still going.

This link might be of interest though:-

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1106755

A full length recording of The Great American Bash 1985, cracking stuff.

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

WCW Monday Nitro 12-1-98

The show starts off with a recap of the first WCW Thunder, where Lee Marshall cant hold his excitement in with Sting talking for the first time in over a year. Hogan and Savage get in each others face, which leads to Kevin Nash delivering a lariet to the back of Macho Man

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members

Good stuff.

I actually at the time totally bought into Nash and Savage stopping mid-row and saying "hang on, why are we at each other's throats? This manipulative cunt is playing us off against each other."

• Paid Members

WCW Monday Nitro January 6th 1997

Tony Schiavone and Larry Z are our commentators for hour one of "THE NUMBER ONE WRESTLING SHOW IN THE WORLD TODAY!", you have to love the confidence, they were on top, and they let you know it at every opportunity.

Glacier v. Bobby Eaton

Glacier's entrance is fucking awesome!, the music, the lasers, the SNOW!. Glacier quickly kicks his way to a victory over Beautiful Bobby, who gets nothing in aside from an eye rake, and a botched leapfrog, Glacier stays undefeated!. Good fun.

Mexican Strap Match: Konnan v. Big Bubba

This was as horrible as you'd expect. Around five minutes of them weakly whipping each other, and crotching each other with the strap. The finish came after Konnan had touched three of the corners, Bubba pulled him back into the centre of the ring and delivered a laughable uppercut which sent Konnan flying about 8 feet backwards into the fourth corner for the victory. I didn't see anything Mexican about the strap either, must've just been a Mexican cow they killed for the leather. Bubba beats Konnan down after the match is over.

We then get a close up replay of the finish, which shows Bubba's uppercut "connecting" with air a good foot in front of K-doggs chin. Absolutely horrible match.

We're now joined by the Horsemen minus Benoit, who Flair tells us is out with Woman "Working her out, Horseman style!, WOOO", is that what the kids are calling it these days?. This leads to Debra McMichael questioning Benoits work ethic, she suggests that they find themselves a new member, a full-timer, not a part-timer like Benoit. Her and Steve think Jeff Jarrett would be a good fit..

This leads to Double J coming down and pleading his case to be a Horseman, Arn quickly cuts him off and starts berating him, Jeff says he "didn't come out here to talk to the horses rear". So Arn cracks him with an elbow, they fight down to ringside leading to our next match....

Arn Anderson v. Jeff Jarrett

This was just Arn beating up Jeff for a minute, he ends up taking Jarrett outside the ring and hitting his face off the steps, but after he throws him back in the ring Jeff catches him with a neckbreaker and the feet on the ropes for the 1..2...3, ain't he great!. The post-match shenanigans see's Debra protecting Jarrett from anyone getting to him, and after seeing that Mongo seems to be ok with Jarrett, Flair decides he's ok with him too, Jarrett and Flair shake hands, and perform a synchronised strut together, fucking ace!. Arn's not pleased though, and storms off in a huff.

World TV Title: Lord Steven Regal v. Diamond Dallas...Duggan?

DDP's music hits, but he's nowhere to be seen, so out comes Regal down to the ring as the commentators speculate what's happened to Dallas, is there foul play involved?.

Hacksaw makes his way down to the ring to by far the biggest pop of the night, no lie. Before the match starts Eric Bischoff, Kevin Nash, and Syxx chase off Lazza and Tony from commentary. Right off the bat Nash tells us that Dallas is having dinner with Scott Hall, looks like we've got our newest member of the NWO. As usual, they were great on commentary. Despite a lot of stalling, Duggan vs Regal was a decent match too, the crowd ate up everything Hacksaw did, and Regal did a good job heeling it up as well. It ended in in a 10 minute draw.

We come back from a break and Tony and Larry are back in the booth, which is pretty stupid as Larry is due to fuck off in 2 mins at the end of the first hour.

Jim Powers v. Hugh Morrus

Very quick squash. Morrus wins with the moonsault. Enjoyable, It's always good to see Jim Powers back on my tv screen anyway.

Skeeavone is now joined by Bobby Heenan, and Mike Tenay for hour 2 "The hour that climbed the mountain and stood on top", okay then.

Rey Mysterio v. Psychosis

This was as you'd expect, cracking match. I'd forgot just how FAST Rey was, Psychosis was good too, other than a botched springboard moonsault that he nearly paralysed himself with. Rey won with the West Coast Pop.

Taskmaster v. Chavo Guerrero.

Another quick squash. Sullivan won with the double stomp. Decent enough, great to hear the Dungeon Of Doom theme again though.

US title: Eddie Guerrero v. Alex Wright

This was pretty bloody good when it got going, started slow, but after Alex Wright started busting out all kinds of different suplexes it picked up the pace, they meshed well together, another cracking match. Eddie got the win with the Frog Splash.

The Amazing French Canadians v. Harlem Heat

Cyclops AND Booker T in the same ring?. Total shit.

Meng v. Lex Luger

Meng controlled most of this until the end, which came when Luger had him in the Rack, but his foot clipped the refs head, Barbarian then came out for the save, only to end up in the Rack himself, the recovering ref obviously not in the right frame of mind see's Barbie submitting, and calls for the bell. I enjoyed it.

Main Event Interview

The NWO come down to the ring and Hogan and Bischoff start a promo, but they don't really get the chance to say anything as The Giant makes his way down and starts cleaning house, eventually Hogan gets him in the back with a chairshot, and numbers prevail. They leave the Giant laying and make their way up the aisle, and again take over the commentary booth.

Sting appears, and starts making his way down to the ring, as the NWO cheers him on. From there he starts whispering into the face of the prone Giant, and then points his bat at the NWO, which they take as a sign of approval, Sting leaves his bat in the ring and makes his way up the aisle. Nash tells Vincent to go and finish the Giant off, so a smiling Vincent jogs down to the ring and starts poking Giant with the bat, of course the Giant wakes up, grabs the bat, and chokeslams him. The show goes off the air with the lower level NWO members storming the ring and Giand fending them off with the bat, while the crowd goes mental...

Fucking love you, Nitro.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme